- Text Size +

Months went by and our relationship continued to grow. We would talk almost every night and switch off visiting each other. Every other weekend he would either visit me or I would go to him. It was just like any other long distance relationship. About five hours away from each other, wasn’t so bad. Occasionally when we would go out, he would get recognized. That was a little odd for me considering that no one really knew about me. Especially when the last thing anyone knew was that he was engaged. That was awkward when people asked him about it in front of me but we dealt with it. I was quickly learning how intense Aaron could be at times. We were becoming extremely close very fast. Although he was used to the way he lived his life, I wasn’t. Some things were harder to deal with than others but when it was just the two of us dating Aaron was surprisingly easier than I thought it would have been. I was just worried when school started up again that it wouldn’t be as easy anymore but I didn’t have to worry about that now…..it was Aaron I had to worry about.

“I’m coming.” I called out to the person knocking at my door. I quickly washed the peanut butter off my hands and ran to answer the door. “Aaron! What are you doing here?” It was the middle of the week and I was supposed to be visiting him that weekend.

“I wanted to see you!” He replied giving me a big hug.

I invited him inside my apartment so happy to see him. It was still like a fantasy that he was in my life so even though we had been together for months, I was always so happy when he came around.  I offered him some peanut butter cookies and a drink as we caught up and he told me why he was really there.

“I  have to go out of town so I won’t be around this weekend.” He told me.

“Oh. When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow afternoon. It’s just for a few days.” He informed me. 

I was sad but I understood. I knew he went in and out of town. He usually went during the week, that’s when we would have our phone conversations. However, this was the first time he was going for the weekend leaving me behind; as his girlfriend.  Living five hours apart was hard but I couldn’t imagine him living out of state. Why was I thinking about that, he was going to come back. I couldn’t stop myself from asking though.

“You are going to come back right?”

“No.” My heart sank.

“I’m kidding! Of course I am. The reason I’m going is because I got show to do; in New York.”

“What?!” He had been working so hard on his music and this was a great thing for him. “That’s amazing!” I threw my arms around him.

“Wanna come with me?” He asked in mid hug.

“Seriously?!” I asked in amazement.

“I want you to come with me.” He said taking something out of his back pocket. “Two tickets to New York, Me and you.”

“This can’t be real.” I said to myself looking at the tickets. “Of course I will come with you!” I said as happy as I could be, “I’d follow you anywhere you asked me to.” Okay so I know I sounded cheesy but he knew what I meant.

He stayed with me that night and we enjoyed a date night in. He popped popcorn and we cuddled on my couch watching some scary movie. I loved our moments like this; rare moments that most people didn’t get to see.