- Text Size +

“I can’t believe we’re really here!” I said looking at all the bright lights and big buildings outside of New York City.

“I’m just glad we survived the plane ride.” Aaron said nonchalantly pulling his wallet out to pay for the hotel room. He wasn’t too keen on flying. He had told me that Nick also had the same fear of flying. It was still so weird to think that I was dating Nick Carter’s brother. Not too long ago, I was so in love with Nick now I was so in love with Aaron. But this was a different kind of love. Real in the flesh love and Nick was becoming more of a normal person to me every time Aaron spoke of him. I appeared to be living in a bubble with Aaron. Most times it was just the two of us, like it would be with any other guy. This wasn’t any other guy though, it was Aaron Carter and when we did go out and he got recognized, I was thrown from the bubble I managed to create and smack right into a reality I felt I didn’t belong in.

“So what’s the plan?” I asked him riding the elevator up to the floor. I had to stay out of my head because as of lately, I was driving myself nuts. Be in the moment I would tell myself.

“Well, as soon as we settle in I have to go to the dance studio and meet my dancers for the show. I mean, I don’t really have time to sightsee and show you around but you’re more than welcome to come watch me or go shopping. I’m sorry baby.”

“I understand. It’s okay. Actually I have a cousin who lives here, is it okay if I do my own thing and meet up with you later?” I felt weird asking him that but I had never been to New York before and I wanted to see what I could in the short amount of time we were there.

“That’s fine love. Here, take this. Buy what you want,” he said handing me his credit card.

“I can’t take that. I can buy my own stuff.”

“I know you can but I feel bad not being able to take you out.”

“It’s fine. This is all about you, don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

After we got everything situated in the room he took a quick shower and was out the door. I noticed a box against the wall and looked inside. I had the cutest idea. I had to buy an outfit for the concert. So I spent the day and the next day shopping and sightseeing.

It was the third day we were there and Aaron had been working hard with his two dancers making sure the chorography was right. The show was that night. This time I was with him watching him do what he does best. After the dancers had left for the afternoon Aaron and I stayed behind so he could rehearse some more for the five song set.

“I’ll be right back, I gotta take this call.” He said taking a break. Dance with me was still playing and I felt like dancing so I went in the middle of the room and mimicked what Aaron had done but added my own style to it. I spun around and almost lost my footing seeing Aaron standing there.

“Didn’t mean to scare you; I’ve never seen you dance like that.” He said in amazement.

“Yes you have. As a matter of fact you danced with me to this song in the club when we first started hanging out, remember?”

“I remember; that was different. I’ve never seen you dance like I do. How do you know the chorography?”

“It’s not that hard after watching you.” I told him.

“Hold on a sec, dance to this.” He said switching the music he put on a Bone Thugs N Harmony song.

I listened to the beat for a second

*Everybody wanna sound like, sound like, sound like Bone, Bone, Bone! Everybody wanna rap like, rap like, rap like Bone, Bone, Bone! As we continue to pick up the pieces, they follow us Kings ‘til the sundown. Deadly issues of telekinesis, better show love or lay down*

Moving my hips, arms, and feet, I began to move my body to the beat for a few minutes. Then I felt kind of dumb, why was he making me dance for him?

“You have rhythm. You’ve never danced professionally?”

“You know I haven’t. I just love to dance.”

“I should have made you one of my dancers.” He Came over to me and continued to dance to the song with me. I did what he did.

“Alright you should get back to rehearsing.” I stopped him.  “I’m gonna go back to the hotel and get ready. I’ll see you at the show.”

I walked around checking out the venue; it was packed with giddy girls excited to see their favorite musician. I made it to the backstage area where Aaron was. I hadn’t come with him since he had to be there early and had my reasons for not wanting to come then.

“Wow, you look amazing…..wait, what are you wearing?” He laughed at me.

“What? You don’t like it?” I said smoothing out my shirt. I had on tight blue jeans with black wedge sandals. My hair and makeup was done thanks to my cousin who owns a salon. I wanted tonight to be special because it was special for Aaron.

“Did you pay for that?” He asked me.

“Yes I did! I’m showing my support.” I flirted with him.

“Thanks but if you wanted one of my shirts, I would have just given you one.” My new black shirt was plastered with Aaron’s face on it.

“No.” I pretended to whine. “Tonight I’m just a fan and being a fan means buying merchandise.” I winked at him. “Good luck tonight, I love you.” I hugged him and walked back to the front of the venue where I did score front row only because I knew how to get through a crowd.

Not long after the music started to play making the crowd scream and go crazy!