- Text Size +

I was lying in bed talking to Aaron on the phone. We spent most nights that way; Talking every night sometimes for hours on end. He wasn’t joking when he said he wanted to know everything about me. Things with him were moving at a very fast pace. Not only was he getting to know me on such a personal note but I was getting to know him too and I was really starting to like him more and more.

“Can I ask you something silly?” I said one night almost embarrassed to ask.

“You can ask me anything sweetheart.”

“Every night I usually fall asleep to your music. Will you sing something for me?”

“Really?” I was regretting saying anything. “That’s sweet. What’s your favorite song?”

“One better.” I told him.

*Give me half the chance I’ll make you understand That what I got to give Is so much more than this
Than you'll ever know I don’t say what’s on my mind But you’ll find this out in time Don’t always open up I’m not quick to trust And let someone inside*

Hearing him sing that song on the phone was so much better. I loved every minute of it and hung on to every word. I thought how weird the song seemed to fit us at the moment. As I listened to him sing I realized just how true the song was. I had heard from interviews and such that he did find it hard to trust people and he often kept things to himself. He wasn’t like that with me though, or at least he hadn’t been. With all our past conversations, he was very open with me.

* I’ve got a lot to learn Never felt this way before But I gotta say what’s right for me You should know that I can  Be more than you will ever need I’ll show you something new to see, yeah I’ll be the one you can believe I’ll be one better, Yeah I’ll be one better*

“Thanks Aaron, Goodnight.” I quietly said placing the phone down beside me listening to him finish the song.

“Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams.”

Weeks went by like this but eventually the calls got shorter and less frequent. Aaron was working hard on his music and became busy. I understood but I was sad. I was really starting to fall for him if not already and I missed not talking to him as much. Even Danielle started to notice. Maybe this was a good thing. The whole situation did seem too good to be true.

“I hate to see you so down friend so we’re going away for the weekend, four days of vacation, you need it and I know I for sure need it! So pack your bags, cute clothes and a bikini but it’s a surprise so I won’t tell you.”

I looked at her like she was crazy.

“I planned this so let’s go our flight leaves in a couple hours.” She told me pulling my bag out.

“Flight, where are we going?” I asked excitedly. Maybe this was what I needed to get my mind off Aaron. Snap my head back into reality.

“Told ya, not telling.” She winked at me.

We got on the flight and I should have noticed where we were going but I was paying no mind to my surroundings. All I noticed was It was a very small plane, another thing I hated, so I was more concerned on how long I was going to be on this thing. Luckily not long.

“Miami?” I asked a little hurt that of all places my best friend could have taken me too, she chose Miami. Not the place to get my mind of Aaron but whatever. “Why didn’t we drive?”

“Sorry, I wasn’t going to spend four to five hours in a car when we could be here so much sooner!”

We picked up the rental car which was a very nice looking Cadillac Escalade for a rental.

“What are we even doing here?” I said annoyingly. I wished to be anywhere but Miami. What if I ran into him? He hadn’t called me lately. What would I say?

“I’m meeting a guy!” She said nervously. Now I was really annoyed. “You could have left me home!” I moped.

We pulled up this beautiful condo right on South Beach.  We went inside and up to the apartment she was looking for. “I don’t know why I have to come along with you.”

“Here it is.” She rang the doorbell. “Because I’m bringing you to see your boyfriend; Surprise!” Just as she said that, Aaron appeared in the doorway. “What!?”