- Text Size +

“You made it.” He smiled welcoming us in.

I hugged him hello as we slipped inside. I was so confused and still a little annoyed.

“I missed you. I wanted to see you.” He explained.

“He came up with the plan, I just executed it. By the way, nice ride.” She said to him.

“Not a rental.” I said to myself.

“No, definitely not.” He laughed. “Since she brought you here, I offered my car so you wouldn’t have to rent one. Well let me show you ladies around.”

His place was huge and decorated so nicely. It was incredible! There were these huge windows that over looked the ocean. The view was to die for. When you walked inside, to the left was the living room and Aaron had black furniture against white walls and while plush carpet. It was very elegant. To the right was the kitchen that was very open with only a bar like counter separating the two rooms. Straight one from the living room was a bathroom and a guest bedroom.

“You girls can stay in here if you’d like,” He offered.

“Oh no thank you, this is your time together and I don’t want to be a third wheel or anything, I’m perfectly fine staying somewhere else but thank you for the invite.” Danielle said politely.

“You sure? You’re more than welcome to stay here but the choice is yours. Let me show you the upstairs.” He led us up this spiral staircase and down this short area.

“Anyways, this is my room. You can also stay in here if you’d like or in the other room if you prefer.” He offered me.

His room was like nothing I had ever seen before. If I had a dream bedroom, his would be it. Everything was so white from the walls to his bed sheets to the plush carpet. But there were also hints of baby blue. It was just so inviting, so relaxing and refreshing. And of course his room had huge bay windows overlooking the ocean. It was all so very open but he was on the top floor. Most of his views were overlooking the water but his bedroom had the best view, it seemed so peaceful. I put my bag in there for the time being. He showed us the master bathroom that adjoined to another room. I was dying, he had my dream tub. It was a huge garden tub. I wanted to jump in it right then and there but I refrained. It had a his and hers sink and a huge shower. Just like the rest of his place, it was beautiful. “And this is my studio.” There was so much stuff in there and I didn’t know what any of it was but it looked very expensive I thought.

“You have such a nice place.” I told him.

“Thanks. This is Miami for ya.” He shrugged it off. He was probably used to staying at places like this. I sure wasn’t!

“Well I’m gonna get going, have fun.” Danielle said picking up her bag as we made our way back downstairs. 

 “Hey how are you getting around?” Aaron asked her.

“Um…walking?” She answered.

“Well I was going to offer you my caddy for the weekend, Just don’t dent it.”

“You serious Carter?!” I was thinking the same thing! Was he serious?!

“How else are you going to get around?”

“Like I said, with my two feet.” She said shocked that he would even consider loaning out his car.  

“I’ll let you borrow my car, it’s fine. I have another.”

“What’s your other car, I could probably take that one.”

He laughed to himself, “You can’t take my Porsche! Sorry.”

“Gotcha. Thank you so much though! Well have fun,” She said running out the door. “I’m outta here! Do everything I would do!”

“Danielle, where are you going?” I called her before she reached the door.

“To find me an Enrique Iglesias or some Miami hottie which ever I find first.” She winked and was out the door quickly. Probably before Aaron could realize he just loaned out his car.

 “I’ve missed you. I’m sorry I didn’t call.”He said wrapping his arms around me nuzzling his face in my hair.

“This makes up for it.” I said looking around, so thankful I didn’t put up much of a fight with Danielle for coming here. I sat next to him on his sofa stretching my feet over his legs. He rubbed my legs with one hand and took my hand in his other interlocking our fingers. He leaned his head back on the couch staring at me and I leaned forward until our lips met. We did a lot of kissing that weekend. He also showed me around South Beach. We had lunch at the pizzeria he co-owned and showed me all the shops I couldn’t help but to go into. We had fun but it was the next night that was so romantic and put everything in perspective for me.