- Text Size +

We had just finished this amazing pasta dish Aaron cooked up.

“That was so delicious.” I complimented on his cooking. I was so full.

“Thank you. I can’t make much but the stuff I do know how to cook, I make well.” He handed my glass of wine as we sat on the floor by the fireplace. “You know, you are the first girl I ever cooked for.”

“Really?”

“I’ve never cooked a meal for a girl before. “

“Well I feel special then.” I said shyly.

“You are special.”He told me.

I noticed his keyboard in the corner. “Will you sing for me?” Without hesitation he got up and started to play. I followed him over and sat on the edge of a chair.

*There's somethin' that I've got to say You're always with me Even though, you're far away Talkin to you on my cell Just the sound of your voice Makes my heart melt Oh girl, well it's true I'm all about you I'm all about us No, baby, you never have To question my love*

He stooped like he was in deep thought, “It’s like I wrote these songs for you before I even met you.”

I was so taken back by his words. I was speechless. I didn’t know how to respond but I knew exactly what he meant. His songs did appear to fit the stage our relationship was in at the moment.

*But it's always you That I'm singing about There is only one these words Are going out to Oh girl, I'm all about you I know you worry sometimes, Some other girl will make me forget you're mine There's not a doubt in this world That anyone could take the Place of my number one girl It's true I’m all about you* He looked at me when he sang.

I closed my eyes focusing on the sound of his voice. Being completely in the moment with him; Thinking how many girls would kill to have a moment like this. We had been getting close very fast and I wasn’t sure how to grasp what was going on. I wanted to let whatever was happening happen but where was it going?

*Oh girl, I'm all about you When i close my eyes i can see you It's like your right here And this feeling's only gettin' stronger You're with me everywhere*

He sang with such emotion. Once he was done singing he stood up and kissed me. He kissed me like he’s been holding back and was now able to completely let go and show his feelings. He kissed me all the way upstairs where he shut the door behind us.

His room was beautiful but the downside was in the morning, it was so bright! I woke up to find myself alone. I changed and walked out into the hall to find where Aaron was. He was in his studio. There was a song playing he was listening to that I’d never heard of before.

~I just want to chill with some girls tonight~ I recognized his voice. It was some kind of unreleased track. The beat was really nice. I walked over to him and massaged his shoulders.

“Morning, Did I wake you?”

“Not at all, The sunshine did.”

“Yeah, it does get pretty bright in there, I should have warned you.”

“It’s cool.” I made myself comfortable on a couch he had in there as he messed around with some buttons. There was so much high tech stuff in there. I wondered if other people in the building could hear his music but a lot of the floors beneath him were vacant. Something about celebrity privacy or something; I didn’t understand.

“Wanna hear something?” He offered.

“Sure.” I said. I never would have guessed him to be such a morning person. He seemed so upbeat….then again…

He pushed some more buttons and put on a new song I knew. Planet Rock. He bobbed his head up and down moving to the beat. He sang along to the track. I was enjoying the impromptu show.

*I’m on a mission I gotta get that girl*

We spent that day at the beach soaking in the sunshine and warm water. Danielle joined us as well and we watched as Aaron surfed. I told her all about what had happened and how I was feeling about it. I wasn’t sure what exactly was holding me back. Maybe the fact that our lives were so different; I was older than him and never have dated a guy more than two years younger than me. He was this famous star and I was just a normal college girl. Then there was the fact that I have no idea how Aaron felt. For all I knew, this was some game he played with all the girls just to get what he wanted. I knew that wasn’t it though because of the way he had opened up with me.  I was falling for him and I still wasn’t convinced I wanted to be. I just saw this ending badly; badly as in my heart being crushed. I knew of his quick engagements and of his rumored cheating which signaled to me that he wasn’t ready for a serious commitment and I needed more than that. Danielle and I were laying on our stomachs talking.

“From everything you’ve told me I think he just wants someone to love and love him back and knowing you, you are that girl and I think it scares him. I mean from the way you’ve been telling me he’s been acting around you, it sounds like he’s a hopeless romantic.”

“He is very romantic D but what is this. I’ll go back home and go back to normal life and then do what? This again? I’m not going to be one of those girls sitting around waiting for a guy ya know.”

“I don’t think he’s that way. You need to talk to him before tomorrow. Get your feelings out there, tell him how you are feeling and see how he reacts. It can only go two ways.” She said as we rolled over. “He doesn’t want anything serious which then you can move on or…”

“Or what? We date? Ha.”

“What is so wrong with dating him? If he’s interested in you, go with it. He is a normal guy underneath.”

I thought about what she said. I had to know where we stood so I could figure this out.

“Ahhhh!” We both screamed. Aaron came over to us dripping cold water on us. “Come surf with me.” He offered shaking his hair soaking us more. “I don’t surf.” I told him. “I can teach you.” He outreached his hand waiting for me to join him. “Can you teach me?” Danielle suggested knowing I didn’t want to go out there right then. “Of course, come on.” He helped her up and the two went deep into the water. I did eventually join them. Watching the two walk out in the water though, I couldn’t help let my mind wander and imagined what it could be like if he was my boyfriend. I couldn’t picture it.

It sucked that I was leaving the next day. As much fun as we were having, I knew I was going to have to talk to him before I left. There were feelings getting involved and I needed to know if they were just mine. The opportunity came later that day.