- Text Size +
The next morning Nick woke up to the sound of Mickey Mouse Club playing in the living room.

As Nick walks in to the living room he sees Lilly watching tv.
He saw the clock said 8am.
Nick sits down nect to Lilly "Hello little lady how did you sleep?" ask Nick.

Lilly smiles up at her daddy and says" Very good daddy".

Nick hugs her then heads to the kitchen where the smell of pancakes filled the room.

Toni spotted Nick and says "Morning, breakfast is almost done, do you drink coffee?"

Nick smiles at her "It smells great. Yes please I could use some. Oh my family is coming over for a picnic today at about 4"

Toni hands him a cup of coffee and says " I'll run to the store and pick up what you will need if you just give me a list of what you would like"

Nick looks at his cup then at her and says "Well would you mind if maybe I came along with you guys?"

Toni replies "That's not a problem, Lilly come eat please"


Lilly runs in and they all sit down to eat.

As they eat Nick watched the two ladies in his kitchen.

He didn't know how he was already starting to have feelings for Toni, and how a little girl could change him overnight.

By the time they got ready to leave and head to the store Nick was trying to figure out if he should tell Toni that he was having feelings for her.

--- at the store---

Once they pulled in to the store they all get out and walked in.
They got everything that Nick knew they would need for the party when Lilly says "Daddy, can please get a toy?"

Nick looks down at his daughter and says "Sure can princess but just one"

So Nick took Lilly to the toys as Toni went to pick a few other things when a old friend of Toni"s walks up to her "Toni is that you?" Asks Chad.

"Oh my gosh Chad how are you?" She asks hugging him.

Nick was watching from where he stood, his face became very hard because he was trying not to become jealous.

Nick watched the 2 of them hug and talk.

Nick was not one to be jealous kind of guy but he didn't walk to lose Toni before they got a chance
.
Nick walks up and says "Hey Toni we should probably go soon, my family will be coming soon " .

Toni smiles and says " Chad this is Nick, Lilly's father" Chad shakes Nicks hand "Nice to meet you man. Toni keep in touch. I became a cop for the Florida Highway Patrol so I"ll be around"

"Will do" Toni replies.

They hug then Chad leaves.

Nick took Toni and Lilly back home.


Toni started to cook, Nick watched her from the doorway as she went to work.

Until he heard the front door open and his family start coming in.


They all stop when they spot Lilly, and Aaron says "Umm Nick who is this?"


Nick replies with steel in his voice "She is my daughter and all of you will be kind to her and her mother since both of them now live here".