- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Continuation of Nick's party. Things start to change. Please review and let me know what you think. All comments/suggestions welcome
The whole family looked at Nick like he lost his mind.
His dad says "Well guys its Nicks party let's have fun and will talk about this later".

Nick looks at his father and says "Thanks dad".

Bob hugs his son and the whole family meets in the back yard..
Jane just watched. She thought Toni was just after Nick’s money.
She walks up to Toni and says "So how did my son get you knocked up? I mean I'm sure it could have been anyone".

Toni looks at the woman and says "Mrs. Carter, I can say to you on my daughters life Nick was the only man I had sex with".

Nick watched as Toni stood her ground.

He walks up and looks at his mother and says "Is there a problem here mom?"

Jane looks at her son and says " Oh nothing just trying to get to know my granddaughters mother that's all" .

Nick turns to Toni and asks "Is this true".

Toni looks at Nick and says " Look Nick I think I'm going to go in side. Lilly is your family, I’m not so I shouldn’t be out here. Enjoy your party I have cleaning to do."

She walks in to the house. "Mother what the hell did you say to her!"
Nick yells as his blood starts to boil.
Jane’s eyes got very wide because she sees Nick is about to lose his infamous temper.
She starts to back up but Nick walks up to her and gets right in her face and says “I asked you what you said to her”?

She replies “I just asked her how you two met”.


All of a sudden a little voice says “Daddy she’s telling a fib. She asked momma who else knocked her up. She said it coulda been anybody. What does that mean”?

Bob saw Nick’s face get very pale and his eyes get even bluer which meant he was about to explode so he tried to get Lilly to go outside but she wouldn’t leave Nick’s side.

Nick glanced down and saw Lilly clinging to his shorts so he didn’t yell as much.

He said. ”I am only going to say this once and if you all want to stay a part of my family then you will listen.

These two ladies are my family and always will be.

Lilly is my daughter and Toni bless her had her at the very young age of 15 and has raised her alone for 3 years until her parents kicked her out on her 18th birthday.

All she wanted when she came to me was for me to take Lilly until she could get a job and get a place of her own.

She didn’t want child protective services to take her daughter away from her.

She never asked me for money or anything. Just to take care of our daughter.

I could not let her live on the street so I told her she could stay here and be my housekeeper.

She is honest and very caring and a wonderful mother.

And they are both very important to me and always will be.

So I suggest you get used to them being here and a permanent part of my life.

If I hear any of you talking down to or about them you will no longer be welcome here. Is that clear”.


Everyone said yes.

Even Jane although you could tell she was mad that Nick had other people in his life.
Lilly tugged on his shorts and said “Daddy is momma coming to the party too”?
He smiled at her and said “Yes honey she is. Why don’t you go play with your uncle Aaron while I go get her”.
Aaron came over and said to Lilly “Hey honey want to play horsey”?

She smiled and replied “Yes I do. But you gota be the horsey cuz I not big enough to carry you”.

He laughed and said “I think I can manage that”.

He bent down and she climbed on his back and they took off.

Nick said to Jane “You are to stay far away from Toni and you are not allowed to go near Lilly unless I or her mother is there. I do not want you scaring her or putting any ideas in her head”.

Then he went upstairs to find Toni.

He found her dusting in his room.

He said “Toni can you come here for a minute”?

She went over and sat on his bed with him.

He said “I want to apologize for my mother.

She thinks everyone is after my money.

She is just mad because I won’t give her anymore of it and Aaron has lawyers and accounts handling his.

She had no right to speak to you that way.

I told all of them how I feel about you two and that you are a part of my family”.

She said “How do you feel about me Nick”?

He was silent for a minute then replied “You are my daughters mother and a friend to me. I want you to feel welcome here. As this is your home”.

She looked down then sighed.

She thought -Not what I wanted to hear Nick.
He lifted her chin with his finger and stared into her ocean blue eyes.

Then very slowly he leaned in and softly kissed her.

Softly at first then he ran his tongue over her bottom lip until she opened her mouth.

When she did he inserted his tongue and sucked on hers.

It soon turned into a very passionate kiss with her laying down on his bed and him half over her.

When she felt his erection against her leg she pulled away.
He sat them up and said “Toni I am very sorry I don’t know what came over me

. I don’t want you to feel like you have to do that”.

She said “I don’t feel like I have to do that. I wanted to do it”.
They just stared at each other for a few minutes then he said “Let’s get back to the party.

I left out daughter playing horsey with Aaron and I’m not sure who is the bigger child”.

She smiled at him then stood up.

They went back downstairs to the party.