- Text Size +
April 28, 2001 was a big day for Nick and Toni.

That morning Toni was turning 18 and also marrying Nick.

As she slowly starts to wake up her dad knocks on her door "baby girl time to wake up" he smiles at her.


"I'm up daddy" he hugs her and leaves the room so his oldest daughter could change and get ready for the day.

As Toni walked in to the kitchen to find her mom cooking her fave coco chip pancakes.


"Hi mom" her mom hugs her and says "Nick sent you something its in the living room".


Toni walks in the room to find flowers, a teddy bear and a note.

Toni opened the not and read.

Toni,
First off happy birthday, how did you sleep?

Well I hope.

I would be there to give you your gifts but we can't see each other until you walk down to me at the church.


After you read this go outside the other part of your gift is out there.

I know I don't love you yet but I'm willing to learn to love you. Well have a great day see you later.
Nick

Toni smiles at the note then walks out side


. "OH MY GOD|" her parents and brother and sister run out to see that Nick had gotten her a new car.


"Wow now that's a gift" says Mary.


Chad looks at his daughter as she sits in her brand new yellow bumble bee jeep.


By the time 10am hit Toni, Mary and her sister Angel meet up with the rest of the girls for the wedding party to get there hair done.

At about 4 pm people where at the church waiting for the wedding to start.


Nicks father says " How are you feeling son"?


Nick looks at him and then says " I'm scared but I don't know,theres just something about her I like so I guess this will work out" he smiles at his dad.


By the time 430 hit and the music started to play each person walked down towards Nick.


By the time it was Toni’s turn Nicks hands started to shake.
-------- in Nicks mind---

Wow she looks beautiful, I truly never thought I would get to this day, wow ok Nick stay strong no need to cry. Its only the craziest time of your life.

---- in Toni’s mind---
Ok wow I can't believe I am marring him, what am I doing this is crazy, but why can't I just stop my self. I guess this is it.

Toni looks at her father as he places her hand in to Nicks.


The hole time the pastor talked all Toni could do was keep her self from shaking.


When it was time for them to say the vows the pastor says "Nick would you go first" .


Nick looked at Toni and said " Toni at first I was not sure how all this would work out, knowing I didn't truly want to get married, but getting to know you has given me the chance to try and be the family man I should be".


I'm grateful your willing to go on this wild ride with me"


The pastor then turns to Toni "your turn dear".


Toni took a deep breath " Nick, today is a day I sure didn't believe would come.


I mean hey I won a Backstreet Boy (she smiles at him joking about that part) .


I know love is not something we will use lightly but I know if we can stand beside each other and work together we will grow to love one another.


I'm grateful that I have you by my side" she smiles at Nick and he smiles back at her.

The pastor then goes on to say " Do you Nick take Toni to be your bride?"


"I do” was Nicks reply”


And do you Toni take Nick to be your husband?"


She breaths slowly just looking at Nick " I do"


The pastor then says " By the powers given to me by the state of New Jersey I now pronounce you man and wife.


You Mr. Carter may Kiss your beautiful bride"


Nick pulls Toni in to his arms and gave her the longest kiss he could.


Then turned around and walked her back down the isle.


The reception was held at a very nice restaurant


When they got ready to leave for the honeymoon (which would be brief due to the fact that they were still on tour) everyone lined up to throw bird seed.


They got into the limo and took off.


Toni said :Where are we going"?


Nick replied "To New York city for 3 days. I can't take anymore time off than that because we are still on tour. When the tour is done we can go someplace tropical if you want for a few weeks".

She just smiled and hugged him.