- Text Size +
As the weeks counted down till graduation, Nick was hard at work working on new music for his own solo cd as well as stuff for the guys.




Nick loved coming for dinner with his wife’s family because they really loved and accepted him unlike his own family.




On June 12th, Toni was at school having a few people sign her yearbook.




One of here friends was reading the long letter Nick left her.




Toni,
We met under less than ideal circumstances, however it has turned into the best thing that has ever happened to me. You really understand me and love me for me, not because of who I am or what I do. You also put up with my crazy schedule without complaint and give me something to look forward to at the end of the day. A woman I can trust, love, hold, kiss, take a sexy shower with and go to sleep with knowing you will be there when I wake up in the morning. I truly never thought I would get married or have a serious relationship with anyone. But you proved me wrong. I have never been happier to be wrong before. I hope we are together for many years. Enough years to see our grandchildren graduate from college and start families of their own. I know I don’t say this nearly enough but I do love you, am in love with you and I can’t wait to be alone with you. You have my heart. Always have and always will.
Love you forever and a day,
You husband Nick





Jen smiles at Toni then says "Toni you have a sweet husband".



"That I do, I am so grateful to have him" she replies.




By the time the bell rang all the seniors left to go eat lunch.





Nick was meeting Toni at Mama's Pizza.




"Hey baby" he smiles as he see's her walk in.




She hugs him and says "Hi honey, did you get a lot of work done?"





"A little, guess what" he smiles at her.




"What?" She replies back at him as she eats her pasta.





"Well the guys and I will be performing at your graduation" .




"Really! So I’ll get to see you all night!" she smiled.




"You better believe it. We also making gift bags for anyone who truly wants them" he says.





She hugs him and looks at the clock.




"Nick I have to go to my parents and get ready" she says.




Nick pays and he follows her to her parents house.





At the house Toni dressed in a beautiful blue sundress and a pair of white dress sandals.





She came down the steps with her graduation robes on just not zipped up.





"I'm ready" she smiles as she was putting her wedding rings back on.





Nick said with a less than happy voice “Why did you take your rings off? I thought they never came off”.




She replied “I took them off so I could put lotion on. I didn’t want to get them dirty. They mean too much to me”.




He said “I know. I just don’t like the idea of you having them off. They could get lost and getting another set wouldn’t mean as much”.





She said “Nick I love them very much and you know how much they mean to me. Especially since they came from you. I am very careful with them. I would never lose them”.





He smiled, hugged her then said “I know and I’m sorry if I came off as harsh but to me it would be a bad omen if they were lost. Like if I lost my ring”.





She said “Hopefully neither of us will lose our rings. I have a ring tower I put them on when I take them off. It is always in the same place and no one touches it but me. So relax. Ok”?




He kissed her then said “Is the graduation over so we can go back to our room”?





She blushed and replied “No dear not yet. Why in a hurry”?





He got the evil Carter grin and replied “Oh baby you have no idea how much of a hurry I am in. I want to give you graduation kisses all over your beautiful body however I might get stuck kissing in the middle”.






She turned scarlet and said “Is that all you ever think about”?





He said “When I am still a newlywed and I have a sexy, luscious, beautiful tasty wife yes that is all I think about”.





She just got even redder and kissed him and they left for graduation in Nick’s Black Cadillac Escalade.





They arrived at the school and right away Toni had to leave to go rehearse with the rest of her class.




The rest of her family signed in with their graduation tickets, got their programs and found their seats down front.





To Nick’s surprise the rest of BSB was waiting in sets near them.





With security of course.




Kevin had his camcorder and Nick & AJ had cameras so they could take many pictures.





Finally the graduation music started.




Everyone came out and took their seats.




The principle and a few others gave their speeches then announced the award & scholarship winners.




Toni got an award for having perfect attendance all throughout high school and one for having straight A+’s all through high school.





She had her own very loud cheering section.





Finally her name was called & Nick got a huge grin when they announced “Toni Maria Carter“.




Finally an hour later all of her class had graduated.





Everyone met in the parking lot (I mean the whole graduating class & their families) for pictures.





Toni’s family was taking pictures of her and Nick & some of her friends and a few people wanted to take pictures with BSB.





They said yes to a few of them but not many because this was Toni’s day.




After everyone was done taking pictures they piled in the cars to head to the near by country club for the graduation party.





As soon as they arrived people tried to get close for autographs.





Nick and Toni allowed a few paparazzi to ask questions & take pictures for 15 minutes then they headed inside.





It was decorated like a Midsummer Nights Dream.





At the end of the party the paintings on the wall were being auctioned off for charity.





The money was going to the local woman’s shelter and men’s home.





They had one big table reserved.




As soon as they sat down Toni noticed that AJ was looking kind of down.





“What’s wrong Alex”?




“Nothing except my so called wife was too busy to take a few hours out of her schedule to come with me tonight”




“Well maybe she had things to do”.





“Yeah she is shopping with her sister because some high school graduation is beneath her”.




“I swear the gods were looking out for Nick when they paired him with you. He found someone that really loves him and for the first time since I have known him the eternal player has settled down and is happy with one woman. That is something I never thought would happen. I mean between him, me & Kevin we must have been with at least a third of the women in the known world and he happily gave it all up for you. When we were on tour the closest he got to another woman was to sign an autograph and pose for pictures. And I swear every other word out of his mouth was about you. Lady you must be magic or something”.





Nick said “She is my magic and I am thankful for her. I mean it’s fucked up how we ended up together but I wouldn’t change it for anything. I really love her and she loves me for me. She wouldn’t care if I was a grease monkey she would still love me. And I will always be thankful for that. Why how are things with you and Racine”?





AJ replied “Things are fine as long as we aren’t together too long. When we are we fight because we have nothing in common. Unlike you two who are perfect for each other”.





Nick just smiled and kissed Toni.





Aj was staring at them in a funny way.





The principal took the stand and welcomed everyone to the party.





He gave out some more awards and invited everyone to dance.





Nick bowed to Toni and said “Beautiful lady may I have this dance”?





She smiled and said “I would be honored”.




They got on the floor and were wrapped around each other like no one else existed.




They danced through several songs and ignored people that tried to cut in.





After awhile they sat down for a rest Toni got up to use the bathroom.





On her way back she saw a girl approach Nick and ask him to dance.





He figured it was ok.





They went to the floor and the girl was ok at first.





Then a few minutes later she put her hands on his ass and squeezed.





Toni was very angry so she walked up and accidentally stepped on the end of her dress and when the girl moved to get in her face her dress ripped off.





She was left stand there in her underwear.





People laughed at her and she ran off.





Nick walked up to her and said “Now that was funny. What made you do that”?





“She was touching my husband in ways only I am allowed to. So I took business into my own hands”.




He just kissed her and they danced some more.





Throughout the night they danced with their various friends and some people that approached them.





A few hours into the dance Toni left to use the bathroom again when she came out AJ was waiting for her.




She said “What’s up”?





“I am wondering why Nick got the magic and I got the gold digging disinterested bitch. Why can’t I have the magic for once” he replied.





He approached her until she was against the wall, then he leaned in and tried to kiss her.





She backed away and said “Alex what are you doing”?





He said “Taking the magic for myself”.





She said “No what you are doing is screwing over one of your best friends. He has always been there for you through out all of your rehab and lawsuits and now you are trying to kiss his wife”.





AJ leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers and bit her bottom lip.





She opened her mouth to protest and he stuck his tongue in her mouth.





She pushed against his chest & when that didn’t work she bit his tongue.





He backed up and yelled “Ow dammit that fucking hurt”.




“Good it should. You deserve it”.





She ran into the ballroom straight to Nick.





He wrapped his arms around her and said “What’s wrong baby? Did someone hurt you”?





She said “I was coming out of the bathroom and AJ was waiting for me. I asked him what he wanted and he said he wanted the magic. I asked what that was and he pushed me against the wall and kissed me”.





Nick just stared at her and said “Are you serious”?





She replied “No Nick I’m making it all up. When you see him ask him why he has a sore tongue. He has one because I bit him when he stuck his tongue in my mouth. If you think I am lying then you go to hell and take me to my parents house”.





He looked into her eyes and was about to say something when he saw AJ coming out of the bathroom hallway.





He walked up to him and said “I am going to ask you a question and for the sake of our friendship you had better tell me the truth. Did you try to kiss Toni”?





Aj replied “Yes I did. I want some of the magic you two have. I lost my mind for a second. I am tired of being married to a damn robot. I want a real woman. I want what you have”.





Nick closed his eyes for a second then got in Aj’s face.





He said “You motherfucking asshole. I have trusted you with my life and you have trusted me with the same and when I finally find some happiness you try to take it away from me by hitting on my wife. What in the fuck did you think was going to happen? That she would suddenly leave me and fall in love with you? Grow a brain asshole. She loves me not you. I was the first and only man to ever touch her. And it will stay that way. I’m sorry you got stuck with a gold digging bitch but do not try to take away my happiness”.





Nick drew back his fist but right before he could connect with Aj’s face Toni stepped up and grabbed his hand.





“Baby please don’t. He’s not worth it. He made a mistake. People do stupid things sometimes. Let it go. I’m sure he learned his lesson”.





Nick turned around to say something to her but she ran into the bathroom with her hand over her mouth.






When she had been in there for 10 minutes Nick started to get worried.





So being Nick he went into the woman’s bathroom to check on her.





He found her curled up on the floor of the stall clutching her stomach.





He started to panic and said “Baby tell me what’s wrong”.





She said “I have been having bad cramps all night”.




“Maybe you are starting you period”?





“No I had it last week. I think this is something much worse. Ahhhhhhhhh….. Oh shit it hurts so bad”.




Nick said “Baby wait right here I will get help”.




He went into the hallway and found Toni’s mom walking by.





He told her Toni wasn’t feeling well and he was taking her to the hospital.





Her mother had the limo pull up and Nick carried Toni outside.




Everyone else followed in their cars.




About 20 minutes later they pulled up to New Jersey General Hospital.





An orderly came out with a wheelchair and Nick helped Toni into it.





They were met inside by the emergency doctor.




He put her in a room and told everyone they had to wait in the waiting room.





Around 30 minutes later he called Nick into the room.





The doctor said “I am very sorry to inform both of you that you suffered a miscarriage”.





Toni said “What? There is no way I could have been pregnant. I am on birth control pills. We want kids just not until after he gets through with the tour he is starting in 10 days. We will be on the road for 9 months. We were going to start trying when we got back”.





The doctor replied “Mrs. Carter you can still conceive when you are on birth control pills. It is very rare but it can happen”.





Nick asked “How far along was she”?





“She was 6 weeks along. And her body probably aborted the baby because since she didn’t know she was pregnant she kept taking her birth control pills’ the doctor replied.





Toni looked at Nick and said “I must have got pregnant on out honeymoon and I killed our baby. I am so sorry”.





Nick hugged her and said “No sweetheart you didn’t kill out baby. You didn’t know you were pregnant so you kept taking your pills. It wasn’t your fault”.





He asked the doctor “Can she still have kids in the future”?





The doctor smiled and replied “Oh yes she can. However I would wait at least 4 to 6 months before trying to conceive again and at least 2 weeks before you have intercourse. And when you do you will need to use condoms. She can start a new type of birth control pill when she has her next period. Now I am going to have to ask you to leave the room Mr. Carter. We have to clean her out to make sure nothing is left so she can heal. When we are done she will have to stay here for a few hours to see how she reacts to everything. Then I’ll release her. I want her on total bed rest for 3 days and after that no heavy lifting for another week. I would like her to come see me before you leave on tour, I see no reason why she can’t go. Just take things easy for a bit”.






Nick kissed her very softly and said “I’ll be right outside of the door. I’ll tell everyone of what happened. I love you”.






She started crying and said “Can you stay here until the anesthesia takes effect”?





He hugged her and replied “Of course I will”.






She kept crying and Nick wiped her tears until she went to sleep.






Then he went in to the waiting room and told everyone what had happened.





Toni’s mother said “Well when she is released she will come stay at our house until you get back from your tour”.





Nick said “You had better rethink that. When she is released she will be staying with me at the hotel and she will be going on tour with me. If you have any other thoughts forget them. She is my wife and she belongs with me. You no longer have any say about what she does or where she goes. You and her father may have forced her to marry me but what you didn‘t count on was us falling in love. We will be together no matter what and I strongly suggest you remember that in the future. Everyone has signed the legal papers agreeing to what we get when we meet the demands of the marriage and if you even think of trying to alter them because you don‘t get to tell her what to do then know this, I can and will make your life hell. Toni and I agreed that we will consider what the other one wants before anyone else. So when we have children, if you ever want to see them than do not try to interfere in our lives. I do love all of you for welcoming me into your family but do not mistake that for me being a pushover. All of you have twisted and manipulated our lives but it turned out to be a blessing because I found my soul mate. However remember that when you manipulate peoples lives it comes back to haunt you”.






An couple hours later the doctor came to the family waiting room and said “Mr. Carter she just woke up and is asking for you”.






Nick went into her room and sat by her bed.





She opened her eyes and said “Hi. I’m surprised you are still here”.





“Why”? he replied.





“Because I lost our baby and it’s all my fault. We won’t ever get to see him or her grow up and will never know what it was”.





He very softly kissed her and said “Honey it was not your fault. Even the doctor said it wasn’t your fault. You didn’t know you were pregnant so you kept taking your birth control pills because we agreed to wait until after the tour to try making a baby. Please believe me when I tell you that I do not blame you in any way. My only concern is you getting better and feeling better. I couldn’t stand it if anything happened to you”.






“What did everyone say when you told them”?






“They all want you to get better however your mother tried to say that you would be staying at her house and wouldn’t be going on tour with me”.






“That is ridiculous. I told her I am going with you. She tried to say she knew what was best for me and we got into an argument. I told her that the day they forced us to get married they lost all say in my life. I am very glad they did though because I met the love of my life. I mean I still love my parents but I am your wife now. You get to say what happens in my life. Just you no one else. I know your not the controlling type but you are my husband and I have old fashioned beliefs. The husband is head of the household/family. And I know you won’t use that to control me just to suggest what you believe will be in my best interest”.





He smiled and kissed her then said “As long as we trust each other we will be fine now rest”.





He sat with her until the doctor came back in a couple hours later.





He examined her and said “Well Toni you seem to be doing better. I will release you but remember what I said you need at least 3 days bed rest and no intercourse for 2 weeks. I want you to make an appointment to see me before you leave. I know your husbands tour starts in 10 days so I will give you a prescription for some new birth control pills. I want you to start taking them after you are done with your next period. Now are there any questions”?





They didn’t have any so he signed her discharge papers and had a nurse make an appointment for her.





When they walked into the waiting room everyone gave her a hug.






However her mother had a pinched look on her face.




Toni asked her what was wrong.






She said “Nothing dear I was just worried about you”.





To her and everyone’s surprise Toni replied “That’s a bunch of bullshit and you know it. I believe you are concerned about me but you are more upset because now that I am married to Nick you no longer have a say in my life. He is my husband and I will do what he wants not what you want. So I suggest you and daddy get used to the idea of not controlling my life anymore”.





Everyone’s mouth was hanging open, including Nick’s.





An orderly brought a wheelchair and he wheeled Toni to the limo.



Nick helped her to get settled then got in.





He told the driver to take them to the hotel.





When they got there Nick got her settled in bed and told her he would be back.





She asked “Where are you going”?





He said “To your parents house to get the rest of your things. I don’t want you to have to go there if you need anything. I mean I do love them but they are like my parents they have trouble letting go. One of our security will be in the next room if you need anything. Now sleep”.





He covered her up and stayed with her until she fell asleep.




When she woke up a few hours later he was laying beside her with his arms wrapped around her.




She said “Hello. Did you go to my parents yet”?





He laughed and said “Yes. I got back a few minutes ago and I got everything you packed including some stuff you brother packed for you. Mementos and stuff. He said he went through the whole house and got everything he thought you would want. I like him. He is a good kid”.





She said “You would like him he is just like you. Including the attitude. Except he is only 15”.





Nick kissed her and said “I ordered Chinese food for us. We can kick back the rest of the night and I have most everything taken care of for the tour so I can keep you company. Now lets watch a movie until the food gets here”.





She said “Actually I would love a shower”.




He stood up and said “I can help with that. Let’s go Mrs. Carter”.




They kissed for a couple minutes then he lead her to the bathroom.
TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Toni graduates, a friendship is strained & tragedy occurs.
Please review.