- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Nick POV


I smirked to myself as Lindsay called Andy letting him know she would be staying the night since he was working late.

I shouldn’t be enjoying that fact but I was. The longer apart they got from each other the more I enjoyed it. Paige had been right. I did love Lindsay. I just wasn’t up for ruining her relationship and turning out to be the bad guy. I wanted things to go naturally if anything was to happen.
I miss Paige more than I ever thought I could miss someone. Knowing I could never see her again was unbearable, but Lindsay made that better and I knew that she was ok with being that person for me.

The kids had long been in bed and me and Lindsay had watched a movie before she was yawning like mad.
"Wanna go to bed?" I asked Lindsay softly, who turned and nodded.
"Yea sounds good. I'm shattered."
I smiled at her. She was adorable when she was half asleep. I knew it was bad having her stay like this when she technically should be with Andy, but i was feeling slightly selfish for a change. I think I'm allowed that.

"Go on up. I'll lock up down here." I leant over and kissed her cheek before climbing off the couch and heading out into the hall. I made sure the house was secure whilst Lindsay went upstairs, and by the time i was done she was already under the covers, laying on Paige's side.

It had taken me a good few months before i ever plucked up the courage to sleep in mine and Paige's bed again. It had been a case of if i didn't Casey would become more of a pain. I had had us all sleeping in the guest room. Casey in a travel crib and Summer in her moses basket. Casey had started to climb out the travel crib and cause havoc as i slept, resulting in nearly knocking his sisters moses basket down and breaking half the stuff in the room.

So i made the decision to move back upstairs. Casey went back in his room and his crib, which he hated and I'm sure the whole neighbourhood knew that too.
I moved Summer into her room and crib and she was an absolute princess. It didn't seem to bother her. Infact she's always been laid back about everything. Lindsay say's i got lucky. But i know that my little girl is special.

I checked on my kids quickly before heading into my room and pulling my tshirt and shorts off, leaving me in my boxer shorts. I knew Lindsay wouldn't mind me sleeping in next to nothing, although i did know i was chancing something. I'm a guy, who hasn't been with a girl for over a year.... you guess the rest.

Lindsay looked to be half asleep so i climbed on the bed gently, pulling the covers aside slightly before laying down and pulling them over me. I quickly turned the light off before laying on my back and sighing softly in content.

I must have been laying there a few minutes before i felt Lindsay's smooth leg brush against mine. Turning to look at her as she moved and ran her hand across my stomach before pulling herself closer. I felt my heart rate quicken and closed my eyes, counting to ten willing myself to calm down before i wrapped my arms around her. Even in her sleep she knew how to get to me.

This was going to be a long night. I could tell already.

***

If i thought going to sleep wasn't going to be easy, then i totally forgot was waking up would be like.

Me and Lindsay were tangled together in a mass of limbs wrapped around each other, and my head was tucked inbetween her shoulder and neck. It wasn't still she moved slightly, making her thigh press between my legs that i really woke up. Seemed I'd woken up with an impressive hard on from lord knows what dreams I'd been having.

I froze instantly as Lindsay sighed softly in her sleep before pulling herself closer. I needed to move away, but her grip on me was tight and... damn is she topless?
I managed to pull back slightly without waking her and noticed the string vest top she had been wearing had gotten twisted in her sleep, not covering much of anything. I gulped and quickly moved out the bed and into the bathroom, shutting the door before leaning on it.

Now don't get me wrong. I miss Paige more than anything. Infact it was frequent erotic dreams of Paige that usually had me waking up like this. But that was when Lindsay wasn't in my bed, half naked and tangled up against me. I usually tried my hardest to not think of Linds like that. She was still with Andy and even though i loved her i respected that it didn't stop me wanting her.

I sighed, my dick twitching in my pants almost like it was telling me to do something. I locked the door and moved over to the toilet seat before putting the lid down and sitting on it.

Guess it was going to be me and my hand. Again.

****

Once i made it out of the bathroom Lindsay was awake and i felt myself get nervous instantly. If she had heard anything then i would feel really stupid.
She smiled as i walked back over to the bed and once i crawled back under the covers she snuggled herself back against my body.

"Sorry if i've been clinging all night. Its the best nights sleep i have had in a long time." Lindsay murmured against my neck making me shiver.
"I dont think I've been any better." i sighed and pulled her closer.

Lindsay giggled slighlty and looked up at me. "No. Not really but you are hot when you get like that. I know i shouldn't say that but with Andy never being around and all the time i spend with you its just.... Well you know." she smiled shyly and cuddled herself even closer.

I just smiled and held her close. When she told me things like this it did wonders to my ego. "Yea i guess i do. I feel bad though. I feel like what little time you do have with Andy i always end up stealing you away. You two should go away somewhere, spend some time together."

Lindsay made a sound and i looked down at her to see her shaking her head. "I don't think so. He's married to his work. Besides, you need me to help you with the kids."
Nick smiled. "Linds i don't. I love the fact that you help me, and you do help me out of some messy situations with them two, but you don't need to put us first all the time. I want you to focus on yourself for a change. I won't have the kids for the rest of the week and well...I'm thinking of going to LA." I frowned a little before realising that i said. I was thinking of going to LA? Well truth was I'd been thinking of going for a while, just never had the oppurtunity to. And now...i had it.
I looked down at Lindsay to see her biting her lip.

"You are? That's good. You going to see the guys?"
I could tell she was slightly shocked by my announcement, but she hid it well. "Uh yea i think so. I just thought... i need a break and i need to finish this cd. Your right, i need to get it out there. The guys offered to help and i want to meet with them about a possibly Backstreet cd too."

Lindsays eyes lit up and i couldn't help but smile. “Oh so when I mention a word about a possible new bsb cd you get excited huh?” I teased her knowing I would make her blush if I did.
“I’m not answering that.” she mumbled making me chuckle.

“You’re too cute for words sometimes ya know. But me going away for a few days might be good. You should force Andy to stay home with you or something.” I smiled, but the smile was as fake as it could get. I wouldn’t mind it if she dumped the guy.
“Right..like he’s gonna stay home. He just comes up with a ton of excuses as to why he has to work and then he comes home hours later than planned. I’m so sick of it. He comes home. Turns the tv on and then I find him asleep in front of it in the mornings…it’s like.. sure..Love you too.” she sighed into my neck making me shiver with how she was breathing and just staying close to me.

“Linds..he doesn’t mean it like that. The guy adores you. I’m sure he’s just busy and that wont last forever.” I found myself smiling again and wondered when I had gone back into my old habits of fake smiles to please people.
“Neither will I. What’s the point in having a boyfriend if he’s not gonna be there for me. I turn to you a lot more than I do him. Ugh nevermind…I’m sick of it…Did you have fun in the bathroom?” her voice was so flirty and teasing that I knew she had heard me.

"I'm ignoring that last question." I murmured before stretching and glancing at the time. Neither Summer or Casey had woke up yet, which was weird. I heard Lindsay go to reply when the bedroom door opened slightly and i almost fell out the bed when i saw Casey standing in the doorway.
"What the fuck? How did he get out his crib?"

Casey walked over to my side of the bed and held his arms up, making me lift him up onto the bed.
"How did you get out your crib buddy?"
Casey smiled proudly, making my heart skip. "Climb fuck daddy."
I felt Lindsay's body shake as she held in her laugh. I'd tried well to keep my language clean around him. Casey was like a sponge, absorbing EVERYTHING and well... my slip up moments before definitely hadn't gone unnoticed.

"Just be glad he saved you out of the numerous questions I was about to ask you concerning your bathroom visit. Walls are thin you know.” Lindsay giggled against my side before she kissed into my neck and hugged me. It had been ages since she did that. I can’t even remember the last time she cuddled me the way she had the past twenty four hours, but Andy was ignoring her and I kept telling myself that was the reason.

“I’ve heard worse from you Linds..” I teased back hoping to get ahead on the teasing but Lindsay only giggled and rested her head on my shoulder.
“What I heard was far from bad. Don’t know what you’ve been listening to in the past but what I heard was hot….You want breakfast Casey?” She changed her tone as she spoke to Casey who nodded eagerly and moved off me only to attack Lindsay instead while I laid there dumbfounded and shocked at how Lindsay was teasing.

I definitely needed to get away before I did things I shouldn’t only to be turned down by her once I worked up enough guts to try.