- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Nerves wasn't something i usually experienced when going for interviews, but something about this one had my stomach doing somersaults. That, and the fact i had NO idea what i was getting myself in for.

Within 20 minutes i had managed to change, tie my shoulder length blonde hair into a ponytail and grab my portfolio before driving to the address on the piece of paper Mickey gave me.
I was surprised to find that it was infact a house i was going to, and not a office building.

After climbing out the car and tugging my skirt down slightly i walked down the footpath before knocking on the door.

The door swung open right away and a petite woman with brown hair answered with a smile. I say petite, but I'm nearing 5'10" as it is.

She introduced herself to me as Shelly and asked me in. I thought it was weird she already knew my name, but i guessed as Mickey has said they had asked for me that they were definitely expecting me.

"Take a seat Erin. Would you like a drink?"

I politely declined as i sat on the plush leather sofa situated in the very modernly decorated sitting room.

There were portfolio's everywhere, as well as the walls being filled with canvas paintings and photographs.

Shelly walked back in the room a moment later and sat across from me, making me feel nervous. If only i knew what i was here for.

"So i met with your friend Mickey today. He was telling me about you. I'm guessing by your confused expression you have no idea why your here?"

I shook my head. Shelly just smiled at me in response. I just wished she would tell me already.

"Well he informed me about your degree in fashion, and...well i have a proposition for you. Me and my sisters work as designers. We dress celebrities. Design unique outfits not only for award ceremonies but for films, music videos and in some cases musical tours. Now in the past year we have gotten busy, which is great but we're running out of people to design and help us, and as a result we've had to start turning people down. Mickey said you have an open mind, and are up for any job. We have some long term clients who are in need of several outfits for an up and coming tour, and as well as sorting outfits out we need someone to go on tour with them, keep the clothes maintained and if needed alterations and repairs. Mickey recommended you highly and well, what do you think?"

I think my jaw hit the floor whilst she was talking. I would be helping design, and dressing a long time client of theirs. It was something i had only dreamt of.

"Um, i...wow i think its amazing. Um..." I giggled, the whole idea making me excited.

"Good. Well let me go through your portfolio and then we can discuss another meeting with the client so they can have a look and talk with you about their ideas."

I found myself nodding eagerly. "Ok."

Shelly took her time looking through the portfolio and once she was done handed it back to me with a smile.
"I'm very impressed with your work Erin. Are you free tomorrow afternoon? Say 3pm. I will be meeting with the client around midday so i can inform them about you, then if you come along with your portfolio we can have a group meeting and see how it goes from there. How does that sound?"

I found myself smiling before shaking Shelly's hand before leaving.
It was very surreal. I still wasn't even sure if i had the job, but a second interview was promising even though i had no idea who i would be working with. I tried to wrack my brain for ideas as to who was on tour, but i was never one who took notice of music. Sure i loved music, but i wasn't a fanatic. I took more noticed on what the artist was wearing, rather than who they were and what they were singing.

Either way i was excited. A possible new job, travelling, and doing what i wanted to do in life.

I decided to head over to Mickeys. After all he was the person i owed my life to after this, only fair i should tell him everything.

***

The nerves had set in yet again as i drove to the newer address Shelly had given me.
This time i was definitely an office block. I had to get a permit just to park there and it all looked rather official.
I was glad i had gotten dressed up. Something tells me I'm going to be thoroughly judged today.

I took the elevator to the eighth floor and took the time to take some deep breathes and go through anything i needed to say in my head. After a long talk with Mickey the night before he told me i should ask as many questions as possible, even if they sounded absurd.
Still, i had no idea what to expect and that didn't help matters at all.

Shelly greeted me as soon as the elevator doors opened and i tried to get a subtle look at my watch.
Was i late?

I knew i wasn't, but i guess she was waiting for me non the less.

"So the clients are waiting for you. Not all of them could be here as they had family matters, but we got two out of the four here."

Four? I felt my head swim slightly as the excitement of dressing four people.
I kinda hoped they were girls. I could already see ideas going around in my head.

But they soon dispersed when i walked into a what looked like a conference room. Big windows over looked the busy LA city as a huge white round table filled the room. There were chairs all around it, but only four were take.

I noticed the only girl in the room was Danielle, the girl me and Mickey despised. She just glared at me whilst the three guys sat in the other chairs stood up.

"This is my sister Danielle. She will be helping you from time to time. This is Jeff, the boys co manager and these two are Mr Dorough and Mr Littrell."

I smiled politely and shook their hands, introducing myself before sitting in the chair Shelly pulled out for me. It disturbed me that i didn't recognise the two men in the room, and i felt like i should.

They had introduced themselves to me as Brian and Howie, but i long ago forgot who was who as they started talking about their ideas and what the other guys would want. I tried to jot down as much as i could, and was glad when their manager suggested a coffee break and everyone got up.

The latino looking one offered me a coffee, which i gladly accepted and i watched as he left the room with the others before i looked down at the sheets of paper i had scribbled on. I had thought i was alone in the room until i head a female clear her throat, and looked up to see Danielle glaring at me again.

"I know who you are. Your Mickey's little girlfriend."

I just smiled, knowing damn well how this girl could throw tantrums. She had tried and tried numerous times to get with Mickey, who had an instant dislike to her. She had assumed me and Mickey were and item and neither of us had told her other wise. Was easier to Mickey if she thought he was taken.

"Just so you know, i told Shelly about you. She's my sister by the way. I told her not to trust you." Danielle gave me a smug look and i just rolled my eyes.

"Well it obviously didn't work. I'm here aren't i?" I gave her a look before smiling as everyone walked back in the room and the latino one gave me a cup of coffee. I really needed to remember their names.

Once the meeting was over Shelly pulled me to one side and asked me how i felt. I was honest, telling her i was excited and nervous all at once and she squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"You will be fine Erin. I've seen your work. The boys like your work and I'm sure the other two will as well. Now the tour starts up again in a few weeks. Would you like the job?"

My heart started pounding with excitement but i kept my cool. "I would love the job, thank you."

Shelly smiled and handed me an itinerary. We would be meeting in LAX airport in a few weeks to head off on the tour.
But in between then i would be working with her and her other sister in designing the new outfits. I couldn't wait.