- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This gives a nice background on CJ & Adam. Hope you enjoy!
CJ and Nick left the hotel and headed around the corner to a little pizzeria. CJ walked inside and looked around. "Jassy! JASSY over here!!!" CJ ran up to Adam and wrapped her arms around his neck. He grabbed onto her and swirled her around. He placed her back on the ground and kissed her on the lips. "Hey beautiful. I tell you what, this has been the longest 3 days of my life!" Adam noticed Nick standing in the doorway and looked over him. "Oh, wow! He came? I'm surprised... happy but surprised! Adam watched as Nick walked over to them. "Jassy, you never did give me details." Nick blushed. "So you're Nick Carter, the unrelated Backstreet Boy. Nice to finally meet you. I'm Adam Lambert, Jassy's Al." "Yea. Good to meet the person who blows up CJ's phone with texts all day." Adam laughed as the 3 of them sat down at the table. CJ and Adam sat down one on side and Nick sat on the other. "Well you have to understand, Jassy and I are very close. We've barely ever been away from each other... except for about a year about 20 years ago. Other than that, we've never really been apart for more than about 12 hours at a time in our lives." "What about school?" CJ and Adam looked at each other then back at Nick. She giggled. "You see Nick, Al and I went to school together too. We even dated for a couple years in high school." Nick's jaw dropped. "yea. That's the general response. It was before he came to terms with himself and who he is. We basically dated until he came out. He came out to me and I went with him when he told his parents. We've stayed friends through it all. I even went and watched him on American Idol. He's my love and my family. I wouldn't change my time with Al for anything." Nick nodded. "I guess I understand. It makes sense. Date someone you trust who will love you no matter what. That's sweet really." Adam nodded. "Yea. But that's not quite it. I really do love Jassy, as much as I possibly can. In high school, I thought it was enough." Nick nodded. "Yea. So I have a question for you CJ. Why do you call him Al?" CJ giggled again. "well, it's his initials isn't it? A is for Adam and L is for Lambert. It makes him Al. I started calling him Al in high school. I told him he was going to be the most famous man in the world one day, and I didn't want people to be hitting me up for an autograph or contact information. So I call him Al, and no one knows who I'm talking about." Nick nodded again. "That actually makes sense."

Nick watched them together. She was holding onto his arm and laying her head on his shoulder. If he didn't know Adam was gay, he'd SWEAR they were a couple. "So, Nick. What do you think of my Jassy? Isn't she just a little firecracker?" Nick stared at him confused. "Jassy, don't tell me you've behaved yourself?! No pranks? No messing with him? You've been a good girl?" CJ blushed. "See Al, this is why I should have told you..." Adam cocked his eyebrow. "Jassy?" "She knocked me out of the bed the first day we met!" Adam's eyes popped and his jaw dropped!He turned to CJ. "YOU DID WHAT?!?! Oh my God Jassy. No wonder you didn't send me any details on what 'almost happened'!" Adam made air quotes. "That's why you were out of breath!" "No. No. NO Al! That's not what he meant." Adam sat staring between the two of them with a devilish smile. "We had to share a room and he was playing Halo. So I sat on the bed and kept scootching over until I knocked him off the bed." Adam smirked. A waitress came to the table with food and drinks. "I hope you don't mind Jassy. I went ahead and ordered. I got your usual, and extra cheese pizza with a Diet Coke. I got a large pizza though. I heard Nick likes cheese pizza too. "That's fine with me. Thanks Al." Nick nodded. "me too. Thanks man." The 3 of them sat in silence for a few minutes. Adam kept looking between CJ and Nick. "So, you knocked him off the bed, huh? Nice. Simple, but nice. Nick grunted while taking a bite of his pizza. "But you two have slept together, haven't you?" Nick spit out his pizza and stared at Adam. "How?" CJ sighed and nodded. "Just keep quiet, Al. Do you know what the guys would do to him?" Adam grinned at Nick. "Can't hide anything from me. Speaking of... Nick you have a gorgeous perfect little ass!" Nick about choked. "Nick, I told you I sent it." "Yea! But I thought it was a damn decoy, and how the hell did he know?!" "Calm down Nick. You're drawing attention to us." Adam grinned. "And I'm sort of a sex radar. At least when it comes to Jassy here. I can always tell... not that it happens a lot, but I know when it does." CJ blushed and sat silently eating pizza. "You two are pretty close, huh?" CJ whispered something into Adam's ear and he nodded. "So did you two ever... you know? Since you did date and all." Adam reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet out. He pulled out a $20 bill and gave it to CJ. "When you're right, you're right Jassy." "Thank you very much Al." Nick stared at them quizzically. "She bet that you would ask if we ever had sex, and that you'd ask in the next 5 minutes. She added probably within 2 but definitely in the next 5 minutes. Here it is, 2 minutes later and you have asked." Nick watched as CJ grinned and put the $20 in her pocket. "It's not just you, Nick. Everyone who finds out asks us. I've made somewhere around $1,000 over the last 10 years from this exact bet. You'd think he'd accept the fact that people want to know. At the very least he could stop accepting the bet." Adam smiled. "Is it really that much? So maybe I should start trying to get some of it back." "So maybe you should stop taking this bet and start making some of your own!" Adam laughed. "Ok smart ass maybe I.... Hey Jassy? Why is there a scratch mark on your neck?" Adam looked at Nick. "Don't look at me! CJ?" She sighed. "Damn it. I missed one." Adam and Nick both stared at her, worried. "It happened with the fans. I thought I'd at least covered them all up. I guess I missed one. "Them ALL?! What the hell CJ?!" Nick moved over next to her and stared at her scratch. "Man, we need to get this taken care of soon. You don't need it getting infected." Adam was staring at Nick. "What? She didn't tell you about the fan attack?" Adam shook his head. "No! She didn't! Spill it Jassy!" "It's nothing, really. I tried to divert attention from the guys at the hotel and went into a swarm of screaming fans. I didn't realize that some of them knew me and I ended up getting sorta attacked. I got pulled on, scratched, and I think I may have had a punch land on me. If Nick hadn't come out when he did I might have gotten really hurt." Adam looked at Nick, then back at CJ. "Well thanks Nick for saving Jassy. And you Jassy, needs to tell me these things!" She nodded. "CJ, how many more cuts are there?" She shrugged. "Didn't count them. Just covered them all up.... or so I thought. I didn't want Doctor brothers freaking. OH SHIT!" She pulled out her phone and texted AJ. He immediately texted back. "If you two guys will excuse me,I'm going to call AJ. Be back in a few." She walked outside to call AJ.

Adam looked at Nick and smiled. "You are VERY cute. But don't worry. I'm not going to try anything. I know you're straight. Besides, Jassy likes you too much." Nick instantly turned crimson red. "You like her too, don't you?" "I... what do... umm..." Adam laced his fingers on the table and laughed. "I can tell. It's ok. Lots of people do. Most just don't have access to her like you do. So please be careful with her." Nick rolled his eyes. "I've already been threatened by 3 other guys... probably 4, but at least 3." Adam shook his head. "I'm not threatening you. I wouldn't do that. I'm asking you to be careful with her. She's got this place in her heart that she has blocked off and caged it with barbed wire and armored guards to protect it. She doesn't open up to people very easily because of it. For some reason she's opening up to you. So tread carefully... and above all, be honest with her. If you lose interest, don't lie. Be up front. She may not like it, but she'll accept it and move on. But if she's lied to, well it's not easy afterwards. We'll put it this way Nick, you see how we are, right?" Nick nodded. "Ok, when she gets lied to about these things, she closes up to everyone, even me!" Nick's jaw dropped. "I understand. And hey, thanks for not threatening me." "No problem. But I will say this: If I find out that she got hurt because you lied or deceived her; I will hunt you down and make you sorry. That's not a threat. That's a promise! I'm normally an easy-going and let bygones be bygones type of guy. But hurting my Jassy like that will change me. So unless that happens, we're good!" Adam smiled and Nick shuddered. Adam scared him more than AJ, Brian, Howie, AND Kevin combined.

CJ walked back in and sat back down next to Adam. "Code Red diverted. Yellow still up though." Adam laughed. "Sounds about right for AJ." "So, what'd I miss?" "Not much Jassy. But I gotta get going. I'm going to be busy the rest of the day. So if you two are done I'll walk you out." Nick and CJ got up. "Ok, Al. We can go." Adam walked over and paid for lunch, and the three of them left. Adam stopped at the corner. "Ok sweetie, I gotta go. I'll miss you. Keep me updated, ok?" He picked her up and hugged and kissed her, then whispered in her ear. "You're kidding me, right?" Adam shook his head and held out his hand. CJ smiled. "You're on then." They shook hands, hugged again and Adam walked away. CJ walked back to Nick. "What was all that about CJ?" CJ smiled. "He's just trying to earn some of his money back, that's all. So, where to?"