- Text Size +

CHAPTER 12
Nick sat up in bed in a cold sweat. "What the hell?" He looked at the clock. "10 am already? Why the fell is it so dark then?" He looked over and saw the curtains were closed. He stood up and went to the window and peaked through the curtains. "Rain." He looked at the date on his open laptop. "Why is today always such a bad day? It has been for as long as I can remember." He got a shower and got dressed. By the time he got done it was 11:30. "Time to head out, I guess." When he got off the elevator and walked into the lobby he saw CJ sitting there. 'Maybe it won't be so bad after all' he thought to himself. He smiled and started walking towards her. His smile faded as he got closer to her and noticed she was crying. "Hey, what's wrong CJ?" She looked up at him and wiped some tears away. "Uh, nothing. Bad dream... or something. Maybe it's the rain..." She looked everywhere but at him. "Are you ready? I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to go or how to get there." Nick nodded. "Yea. It's close enough to walk." He grabbed her hands and helped her up then lead her towards the door. He stopped then pulled her into a hug. "It' will be ok. Whatever it is that's wrong. It will all work out." He smiled at her and the walked out into the rain.

Rehearsals took almost 2 hours total. CJ got done and went to her dressing room to text Adam. "Talking to him will make me feel better. She had just sent her text to Adam when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it up and saw Adam standing there. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Hey sweetie. I knew you'd have a bad day. So I took the day off. I have 2 days until my next show. So I'm all yours until tomorrow morning." She let go of his neck and looked up at him. "I thought you'd forget." He wiped some tears from her eyes. "Who? Me? You should know better than that. Is that why you've been crying for the last 3 hours?" She started to nod then looked up at him. "Wait, you saw me? Al?" "Yea. I was about to go in your hotel when I saw you and Nick walk out together. I was clear in the back during your rehearsals. I didn't want to distract you. You sounded great by the way, even through your tears." She leaned her head against his shoulder. "Thanks. You know sometimes I feel nuts for bawling my eyes out... especially in front of my brothers." He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. "I know sweetie. So, what do you want to do today?" "Nick?" Adam laughed. "OK, I meant going shopping or something But I guess I could..." He turned his head and saw Nick standing in the doorway. He let go of CJ and turned to face Nick. "OH! Heh. Sorry CJ. A bit of a miscommunication. Hey Nick!"



Nick stood in the doorway scowling at Adam. He wasn't sure why, but he wanted to punch Adam right now.He had no explanation for this feeling. He clenched his fists and held them at his sides. "Nick?" He looked at CJ and loosened up a bit. "What's wrong Nick?" CJ walked over to him. "You look horrible! Here, come sit down." She walked him over to the chair at the end of the room and helped him sit down. He sat down, rigid as a post, shooting evil glances over at Adam. 'What the hell is wrong with me,' he thought. CJ brought him a bottle of water. "Thanks." Nick took a drink as he watched Adam walk up by CJ and put his arm around her shoulders. At that moment Nick slammed the water down, stood up, pulled CJ to him gazing into her eyes, then kissed her with a raw passion he'd never felt before. Adam stood there gawking at what was happening. When they broke the kiss, Nick stared down Adam and stormed out of the room. "What the hell was that?" Adam stared at CJ. "I have no idea," CJ said breathlessly.