- Text Size +
The bus pulled up outside a nice hotel. When the doors opened up, Kevin, Kristin, and Mason all walked on. CJ ran up to them and hugged Kristin and the Kevin. Kevin squeezed CJ and picked her up off her feet. "Oh, it's good to see you J Bird." He kissed her cheek and then put her down. CJ walked over to Mason. "Hi there Mason! Look at you. You're getting SO BIG!" She picked him up and twirled him around. Mason giggled. She kissed Mason's cheek then sat him down. "So Mason, if you wanna go see Baylee he's right in there." Mason took off running. CJ smiled. So Kevy, Brian and Howie are in there with the kids. They're waiting for you. AJ took Nick out tonight. He's having a bad day too." Kevin nodded. "Thanks J Bird." Kevin kissed Kristin and CJ. "You two have fun tonight ok?" They both nodded. He started to go join Brian and Howie, then he stopped and turned. "Oh, J Bird. Remember what I said though. SQUISH! OK?" CJ laughed. "OK Kevy." CJ turned to face Kristin. "So, we are meeting the others at the restaurant. So, are you ready to go?" "Hell yeah!" CJ laughed. "OK then. Bye boys! We're leaving!" CJ and Kristin started towards the restaurant. "I figured we could walk. It's just a few blocks away. The other girls left a bit early because they had a few things to take care of before they could go. So they said for us to go ahead and go." Kristin nodded. "What's wrong J? You're not quite yourself. I understand needing to talk to some girls... but that's not all, is it?" CJ sighed. "I'll explain it to you. But I'm thinking it'd be easier to explain and answer questions once. So let's just wait until we're all together. OK?" "Sure thing J." They got to the restaurant, went in and got seated. After about 10 minutes Leighanne, Rochelle and Leigh showed up.
 
After 20 minutes of random chatting and ordering dinner, everyone looked at CJ. "OK girl," Rochelle said, "spill it! Who's the guy and what'd he do?! Want us to kick his ass for you?" CJ stared at them. Leighanne spoke up, "You might be able to fool your brothers..." Leigh laughed. "They're not THAT clueless. They just don't know what we do." They all laughed. "So, like Rochelle said... SPILL IT!" Kristin eyed CJ. CJ looked around at all of them, and leaned in closer to them. "None of this is to get back to my brothers. NONE of it! Agreed?" The four ladies all nodded. "OK, so here's the quick explanation:" CJ took a deep breath and started talking very quickly, "I fell for Nick! I was going to tell him this morning. I walked in and he was in bed with..." "OK. Got it!" Rochelle frowned. "Another one night bimbo for Nick." Leighanne shook her head. "Poor guy. I really kinda feel bad for him. He just doesn't like being left. So what's he do? He has meaningless flings that HE can leave and not have to worry about getting attached to." Kristin looked at CJ and smiled. "Exactly how long HAVE you known Nick?" CJ blushed. "Five or six.... days." "They've been together almost every second of every day since she got on the bus though. I've seen them talking...and flirting. He seemed to be into her too.... REALLY into her." Leigh added. "Yea. Your brothers have been eyeing the two of you. They're suspicious. That's the reason they upped the threats towards Nick. AJ told me he was going to try and get Nick to spill tonight too." Rochelle smiled at CJ. "Girl, he is a great guy. He just has a fear of women leaving him. None of us have ever figured out why though." CJ nodded and hung her head. Leighanne put her hand on CJ's shoulder. "CJ, I think I know what happened. He was getting so attached to you so quickly. So instead of sticking around and trying to work out his issues, he got spooked and ran off and had himself a fling so you wouldn't leave him.... He was leaving you... so to speak." "I think I understand." Kristin interrupted. "Nick was getting attached, which doesn't happen a lot. So he took control of the situation. He went out and found bimbo girl and slept with her. You might have left him, but he made it happen. To Nick, it's inevitable that every woman is going to leave. He doesn't want to be hurt. So although it hurts a bit to make you leave, the attachment was just going to grow. So it's easier to have you gone sooner rather than later. Well, at least he didn't sleep and then try and leave you." CJ blushed. Rochelle's jaw dropped. "OH MY GOD, CJ! You slept with him!!!" Rochelle yelled. CJ turned and stared at her. "You wanna say that a bit louder, Ro? I don't think the people in the kitchen heard you!" The girls all turned to stare at CJ. Rochelle ignored her and continued. "Well no wonder he's spooked! He has a HUGE attachment to a girl that he not only slept with, but he can't leave her behind neither!" They all nodded. "Can you girls please quiet down a bit? Now do you see why I said nothing leaves the circle? Don't say anything... PLEASE?!" CJ laid her head in her hands and started crying. Leigh got up from her chair and walked around to CJ and hugged her. "Sweetie, none of us is going to say anything to our guys. Now listen to me." CJ looked up and Leigh continued. "Don't fight what you are feeling for Nick... any of it. You can't help who you love or when you fall." CJ giggled. "You know, that is the exact argument Al used to convince me to tell Nick in the first place!" Leigh laughed. "I've always said that Adam is a smart man. But this is important ok? Don't fight the love or the anger. But do NOT act out towards him. Stay friends....for everyone's sanity on a tiny bus. Plus, the guys won't get more suspicious of the two of you. But move on sweetie. Find a nice guy here and there. If Nick is going to stop running, he'll eventually come around. If he doesn't... well you are still moving past it. OK?" CJ nodded. "Ok then. How about we take you out for some fun. Let's go dancing. Maybe we can find you a nice guy there!" They all agreed. They paid for dinner and went in search of a night club.
 
Nick was getting his ass whooped at pool, but it was nice to be out. "So Nick, how about we make a wager on the next game?" Nick shook his head. "HELL NO! You've kicked my ass every game! I'd be broke in 5 games." AJ laughed. "So we won't wager money then. How about the loser has to answer a question from the winner?" Nick knew this bet very well. AJ used it on him when he was younger to get him to open up more. Only back then it was betting over video games. "Alright AJ. You got it." AJ went easy on Nick, but he still won. "Alright AJ, a deal's a deal. Whataya wanna know?" AJ smiled. "Well, I asked you before what your intentions with J were." Nick nodded. "But now I'm curious about something else." Nick looked at him quizzically. "I want to know... Why are you running?" Nick stuttered, "Wha... Wha.. What... Huh?" "Nick, you hadn't looked at a single woman since CJ got on the bus. Did you even realize that?" Nick shook his head. "Yea, well normally we have to start ignoring your 'oh look at all the hot women' comments. But you haven't said a damn word about any female since you saw CJ. But then, out of nowhere, last night you bring a girl with you... to the hotel! Now normally this isn't unusual for you. But when you haven't even looked or mentioned another girl... this is odd. So, I'll ask you again: Why are you running? And what are you running from?" "Pick one! One game. One question. Them's the rules buddy!" AJ chuckled. "Fine. What are you running from?" Nick let out a deep sigh. "Myself. I didn't even realize it until this morning when CJ woke me up. She looked... amazing... just so beautiful. I didn't even remember what I'd done until CJ saw Stacy lying in bed with me and ran off after telling me to wake up." AJ's jaw dropped. "What? Did I say something stupid?" AJ just stared. "Yo! AJ! Dude, what's wrong?" AJ shook his head. "CJ saw you with Stacy this morning?" Nick nodded. "Yea. Why?" AJ took out his phone and immediately started texting. Nick realized what he had said. "Should I start preparing for a beat down now?" AJ shook his head. "But you told us she didn't say anything to you!" "Well, she didn't! I didn't lie. She hasn't really said much to me except to get up and get moving... Oh, and she told me to get out of her room too." AJ scowled. "Technically. But MAN! Nick you KNEW what was wrong this ENTIRE time... Damn and it's why you've been so fucking weird all day!" Nick just nodded. "Alright here's the deal, we aren't going to say anything to the other guys." Nick looked confused. "Then who the hell did you just text?!" "Oh, Monkey. I wanted to see if she knew all this. Cuz is she doesn't it might be easier to..." AJ looked at his phone and read the new text, 'Butt out! We've got it covered. Girl time. See you later. Kisses'. "That answers that. They know. OK so we won't..." "CJ TOLD THEM?!" "Cool it Nick. I'm not 100% sure. But my guess is they know. They probably have every tiny detail. But getting back to you and avoiding a massive ass-kicking." Nick looked around. He felt dizzy. He sat on the edge of the pool table. "What have I done? She's going to hate me forever. She'll never know..." Nick, I don't think she hates you. "Nick looked up. "If she did, she'd have flown back home, or to Adam or something. She wouldn't be out with her sisters-in-law. She might not like you very much right now, but she doesn't hate you. But we need to keep this quiet. I think B and Howie know about Stacy. But just avoid the subject. Don't completely avoid J, but kinda keep out of her way. OK?" Nick went blank. "Nick?" Nick slowly nodded. "OK then. You wanna play another game? You wanna go back?" Nick looked around at all the people who were staring at them. "AJ? Why are you being so nice about all of this instead of kicking my ass right now?" AJ laughed. "Because I realized when you stopped looking at the other girls that you weren't just interested in a one night deal with CJ. I also realized how much she opened up to you. She hasn't done that since..." AJ trailed off. Nick looked up and brightened a bit. "Since? AJ, since what?" AJ stared off into space. "Nothing. Forget I said anything. Let's get outta here, ok?" Nick nodded disappointedly. "Yea... OK."