- Text Size +

Nick woke up to yelling... "What the..." 


He looked out the door and saw Brian, Howie, AJ, Kevin, and all the girls standing there, staring in the direction of CJ's room. He looked at the clock; 10:30 am. "Hey Brian. What's..." 


"Shh." Brian put his finger to his lips. "J's fighting with Adam. It's never happened before... NEVER!" 


Nick stood up and put his ear to the wall, but all he could hear was muffled yelling. 


AJ made his way into Nick's room and sat on his bed. "I've heard the whole thing. I could even hear Adam yelling over the phone." 


Nick sat down next to AJ and looked at him intently. "What's going on? What could they possibly be fighting about?" 


AJ stared at him. "You, ya doufus! She's trying to calm him down. He's threatening to come kick your ass, even if he has to cancel concerts." 


Nick thought back to his conversation with Adam; "I will hunt you down and make you sorry. That's not a threat, it's a promise." Nick shuddered. 


AJ continued explaining: "He's pissed as hell Nick! Luckily, CJ seems to be talking some sense into him, but that's where the yelling comes in. She's only yelled at him a few times. See, he gets to a point where he loses touch with what's around him, what's going on. His common sense just disappears. When he comes back around, he's pissed. He's usually in attack mode. So CJ is yelling and fighting with him so he won't come..." 


"Make me pay." Nick interjected. "Yea, I get it. Maybe I should..." 


"NO!" Everyone within earshot of Nick and AJ's conversation yelled. 


"Bad idea," AJ said harshly. "No... The worst idea you've ever had." If CJ's able to get him calmed down, you're not going to help. You will send him back immediately. It won't be pretty, 'cause we won't be able to stop him." 


Nick nodded. "Fine. I'm going to go for a walk around the bus." 


AJ nodded, and everyone cleared a path for Nick. 


CJ sat on her bed listening to Adam yell on the other side of the phone. 


"Jassy, you don't need this! You deserve better! How can you tell me everything's fine? He's a player and always will be. I thought when I saw him that maybe... But I was wrong! I'm coming there and I'm going to kick his sorry little ass! I don't care how perfect it is!" 


CJ fought back giggles. Adam said some of the funniest things while he yelled. "Listen Al, you need to calm down." 


"Don't tell e to fucking calm down Jassy! He..." 


"AL! CALM YOUR FUCKING ASS DOWN! WHAT THE HELL WILL YOU TELL THE VENUE/ NOT TO MENTION THE FANS! FUCK Al, just think for a minute." 


Adam growled at her. "I'll think of something alright." 


CJ was getting pissed off now. She knew there was only one way to get Adam to listen now. It was her last resort, and she hated to do it. But she was desperate now. 


"Jassy, I've decided. I'm going to leave and..."


CJ inhaled deep. "ADAM MITCHEL LAMBERT, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND LISTEN TO ME!" 


Ch heard dead air on the other side of the phone, and a collective gasp from the hallway. She glared at all of them. They all turned and walked away. 


"I'm sorry Jassy... Fuck, you just called me Adam!" 


"Yea, I did. It's the only way to get your attention. You need to calm down. No good is going to come from you flying here to beat Nick's ass." 


"But Jassy..." 


CJ growled. "NO ADAM! I WON'T HAVE IT! First of all, Nick and I weren't and aren't a couple. Second, you have a commitment to your fans." 


Adam's voice quieted down to a normal level of worry. "Jassy, you don't need this. I told him... He promised to be honest Jassy. That's why I'm pissed off." 


CJ smiled. "I know Al. And you can go ahead and be pissed off. Just don't leave a concert to come kick his ass... In fact, don't kick his ass at all. I need you to forgive him. I did" 


Adam sighed loudly in the phone. "Jassy, I can't just..." 


"Please Alley-Kat? This is important to me," CJ said in a little more than a whisper.


"First you full name me, then you call me Alley-Kat. How can I deny you this if you're gonna go so far to sway me? Alright Jassy. I'll stay, and hold off the ass-kicking. I'll forgive him. But only once Jassy. You tell him that. This is a one time deal. He won't get any leniency next time. The smallest indiscretion against you and I'll be there." 


CJ smiled. "Thanks Alley-Kat. But I don't think you'll have to worry about a next time." 


"What do you mean Jassy?" 


CJ rolled her eyes. "Didn't you hear the part where I said we weren't and aren't a couple?" 


"Yes Jassy, I did. But you lo..." 


"I know that Al." CJ cut Adam off. She didn't want to hear it. She didn't even want to think about it. "I also told him we need to stay friends... At least for the sanity of the people on the bus." 


Adam got quiet again. 


"Al? You there?" 


"Yea Jassy, I'm still here. Sorry, I was just thinking. Rational me is saying you're making a HUGE mistake. But irrational, pissy me says good riddance." 


CJ laughed. "Thanks Al. I love you too. Listen, I gotta go. I have things I have to do. I'll keep you updated on everything." 


"Ok Jassy. Talk to you later. Bye Sweetie. And I mean it, you tell him no second chances!" 


"Bye Alley-Kat," she chuckled out." 


They hung up, and she got a text immediately after. "I forgot to tell you I love you too my Jassy Bear. Your Alley-Kat." 


"Ok, now to go talk to everyone else." CJ took a deep breath.then got up and walked to the front of the bus.