- Text Size +
CJ went to her room at the back of the bus and collapsed on the bed. "This is gonna be great." Her mind wandered to Al. It really was going to take time getting used to not seeing or calling him every day. "Thankfully I can text him!" She grabbed her phone and texted him a quick note. She slowly let her mind drift and soon fell asleep.

She woke up to Brian at her side. "Hey you! I thought you'd never wake up. I have been in here 10 minutes trying to wake you up. Were you doing that fake sleeping thing again?" CJ rubbed her eyes and realized her phone was on her stomach. She looked back over at Brian. "Sorry Big B. I didn't realize I fell asleep. What's going on anyway?" Brian laughed at her. "You really were asleep, huh? We're at the hotel. It's time to go inside." CJ got up and walked with Brian off the bus to the door of their hotel.

As they were getting off the bus Howie came running out to them. "Guys, there's a slight glitch in the reservation. Whoever made it told them we had 4 guys, 4 girls and the 2 kids. But failed to tell them that one guy and one girl needed their own rooms. So CJ and Nick are supposed to share a room. A 1 bed room at that." Brian and CJ stared at Howie. Howie continued, "Also, they hotel is COMPLETELY booked. So there's not even an extra room to get." Brian looked at Howie. "How could this happen? We were doing everything we could to prevent this from happening." "I know B. That's why AJ offered to switch with CJ if she so chooses. But she is the one who has to make the decision." CJ hated feeling like a child, and Brian and Howie always did know how to make her feel like a child. But she knew it was because they loved her and were worried. So she just walked into the hotel, leaving them to their conversation.

As she walked into the hotel, she saw AJ and Nick arguing in front of the elevator. She could tell that it was getting kinda nasty. "She's a big girl and doesn't need her big brother to..." "perverted player hitting on a sweet girl..." She could hear them as she got closer. They two guys both spotted CJ at the same time and immediately stopped yelling at each other. "Hey guys. Where are the rooms?" Nick smiled at her. "We have the entire top floor to ourselves... Well the 10 of us have the floor to ourselves." AJ stepped in front of Nick. "J, I will switch with You if you want me to. You don't have to stay with Nick. Rochelle would love to spend some time catching up with you. So just say the word and he will be denied!"

CJ had to laugh at AJ. She did love it when AJ or the others tried to be big brother protective. "Thanks AJ, but it's fine. We can leave it the way it is. Besides, we're all adults here. There are couches and stuff. Nick and I will make it work. If he can't then I know where you guys are and can switch then. Isn't that right Nick?" Nick just nodded and smiled. "I'll be fine." CJ kissed AJ on the cheek and got onto the elevator that had just arrived. AJ and Nick followed her. "You always did have a good head on your shoulders"

Soon everyone was in their rooms and settled in. Howie walked to CJ and Nick's room and knocked on the door. CJ answered. "Hey sis. We're all supposed to meet up for dinner at 6 pm. That's 3 hours until you two need to be downstairs in the lobby. So, just have fun and relax until then, ok?" Howie leaned in and hugged CJ. It's so great to have you with us." He turned and whispered in her ear, "If he gets to be too much for you, we're all just a few doors away. We'll be happy to help! Just come and get one of us." CJ just smiled and pushed him out the door. "Bye Howie!" She closed the door on him.

She walked back into the room and saw Nick sitting on the bed playing Halo. She just stood there watching him with a weird fascination. She's never been so enthralled watching a guy play video games before. She walked and sat on the bed. Nick just stared at the screen. So CJ decided to mess with him. After all, she needed some entertainment too, right? She slowly scooted towards him and pushed him off the edge of the bed. He landed on the floor with a thud, and then looked up and stared at her. "Sorry, man. I didn't see you there. Are you ok?" She flashed him a sweet smile.

Nick kept staring at her. He didn't know what to do about this girl. She was unlike any girl he'd ever met. She was so beautiful and girly, and at the same time she could act just like one of the guys. She was just like her brothers in a way. "You pushed me off the bed... on PURPOSE! I was in the middle of my game, and you pushed me!!" He watched her laugh. She wrinkled her nose. "Yea? What if I did? What are you going to do about it?" Nick smiled at her. "One thing you need to know about me... NEVER ask me what I'm gonna do about something. Because then I ALWAYS do!" He smiled again and then he got up and tackled her, pinning her hands to the bed.

CJ couldn't believe it. No one had ever fought back. Not even AJ! So she smiled at him. "You think you've won, huh? You need to remember that I was raised around a bunch of guys and know how to put up a fight" She adjusted herself under him enough so that she was able to flip him over and pin him. She immediately hopped off him and ran away. Nick got up and chased her around the room. CJ had made a full lap around the room when she tripped on the bed leg and fell onto the bed. Nick ran over and pinned her again, tightly this time. He straddled her to help keep her pinned too. "Ha ha. I got you again." He stared into her eyes and thought he saw something familiar.

CJ lay there watching him, trying to figure out why it was so easy being around a guy she's never met. She'd always had a hard time opening up and being herself around guys before. Why was he so special? Why was she so comfortable around him?

Nick was staring at her. She looked sorta beautiful laying there under him, looking helpless. He had to admit, he liked the idea of her beneath her. He had to kiss her. He started leaning in towards her. CJ closed her eyes waiting for him.

*RING* *RING*

They both jumped. CJ scrambled out from under Nick so she could grab her cell phone. "It's Adam!" She answered the phone. "Hey Al! What's going on? Nope, I wasn't doing anything." She stood up and walked into the other section of the room. Nick just watched her, feeling disappointed. "What the hell am I doing? She's their sister! I don't even know her!" He decided to go back to playing Halo.