- Text Size +
They walked in silence. When they got to the lobby Nick finally spoke up. "Listen, CJ. I'm sorry. I got a little carried away and..." He saw everyone else coming off the elevator, so he stopped talking again. They ate dinner in silence while everyone else talked. When they were at sound check, they barely acknowledged each other.

AJ was getting worried. It wasn't like either one of them to be so quiet. So he decided to go talk to CJ first. She was more likely to spill the beans. "Hey, J. What's up with you? You've been so quiet. I usually can't get you to shut up!" He smiled at her as he watched her shift uncomfortably. "I'm just tired, and I think I'm a little Adam-sick. I miss him a lot." AJ walked up to her and hugged her. "So it has nothing to do with Nick and why you've both been acting strange?" She gave him her sweet puppy look. "Nah. He's probably just pouting 'cause I made him mess up on Halo. I'm just Adam-sick." He didn't believe her, but there wasn't much point to going on with the conversation. First because she was so stubborn. Second, she was about to go on stage. So AJ decided to try and get Nick to talk.

Nick stood backstage off to the side and watched CJ go on and open the show. She really was amazing to watch. AJ came over and watched CJ with him. "Imagine hearing her sing like that at about 10 years old!" Nick smiled at AJ. "So, Nick. Do you have ANY idea why my sister has been so quiet tonight?" Uh-oh, he thought. Does AJ know something? "Not a clue man. But did you know she pushed me off the bed earlier and made me mess up on Halo? And DAMN, she did it on purpose too!" AJ laughed. "I guess she was right... at least about you. You're being quiet 'cause of a game. I guess that makes sense. Alright, well I guess I should go and start getting ready. Enjoy the show. See ya soon." Nick waved at AJ and turned back to watch CJ. He was enthralled.

CJ got done on stage and was on a massive adrenaline high as she danced to her dressing room. She looked at her phone and saw 20 texts and a voicemail. "Wow, Al. What am I gonna do with you? You've gone overboard." She checked her voicemail first, and was surprised to hear Kevin's voice. "Hey, little J. I called to wish you good luck on your performance tonight, but you're probably already bon stage. So I hope you had fun. I wish I could've been there tonight. I'll try to get down to a show soon. Kristen and Mason send their love. Talk to you soon. Oh and one more thing. If Nick gets to be too much of a pest... Call me and I'll come squish him! Ha ha. Love you sis. Bye!" She smiled. "That's sweet. And you'll have to get in line for Nick squishing." She started to change and turned on the speaker to listen to the show on stage. She texted Al back while sprawling out on the couch. She drifted off to sleep to the sound of Backstreet fans screaming.