- Text Size +
CJ followed Brian to the elevator and down into the lobby. She looked at the doors and saw a sea of people screaming and surrounding the bus. Her phone went off with a text from Adam. "How the HELL did you get this? Actually I don't think I wanna know. Thank you. I love it! But how are you going to top this next year? wink wink nudge nudge. LOL!" "Al you pervert! Nick's ass is all you get!" She looked at AJ who had just come down. "Don't worry about the fans, sis. We'll get to the bus. Even if we have to feed Nick to the hungry sharks!" "Actually AJ, I had an idea. You guys get a manager to make it look like they're taking you out the back way. I'll head out to the bus and tell them to head around and look like they're going to the back. The fans will all follow you. The bus will be on the side of the building, and you guys come back out the front and get on the bus." AJ smiled. "Wow. You're good at this." AJ walked over and explained the plan to the rest of them. They all agreed to it. So CJ headed out into the swarm of screaming fans.The people started swarming around her though. They were taking pictures, asking for autographs, pulling at her hair and clothes. She was stuck in the middle of them, and it seemed like she couldn't get out.

Nick was headed back with everyone else when he heard the commotion outside. He looked back and saw CJ getting mobbed by all the people. "DAMN IT!!" He ran out the front doors into the swarm of people. Everyone saw him and started screaming. "Hi everyone. Good to see you. Can you please..." No one was paying attention. "HEY! LET HER THROUGH," he yelled. People started swarming around him and give a little leeway around CJ. Nick watched as CJ got safely on the bus. She turned around and mouthed "Thank You" to him. He nodded. Everyone else came running out with a few security guards who helped make a clear path to the bus. "Nick got on the bus and went back to CJ's room. He walked in and saw her shirt was ripped. He sat down next to her. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "Oh, CJ. It was a good plan. It just needed a few extra elements. Like next time we give you a security guard." She nodded. "They got overly excited. They love you." She nodded again. "You're just not used to being in the spotlight." She shook her head and sniffled. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "It's ok. It'll be ok." He stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks again, Nick. I promise I won't say anything about this morning either. I need you around. You're like my own personal bodyguard." He smiled at her. "Anytime. And thank you. I do enjoy walking and breathing." The both laughed this time. I should tell you Carrot... I mean..." She looked mortified. "I'm so sorry. I don't know why I just called you that. He's just a... Oh never mind. I wanted to say that Adam thinks you have a HOT ass!" "CJ, Why has Adam seen Nick's ass?" AJ was standing in the doorway. "More importantly, how did you get a picture of Nick's naked ass?" CJ gave AJ her sweet and innocent smile. "Well, Nick thought I was asleep on the couch this morning. He went in to take a shower and was naked. So I snapped a picture to send to Adam. I thought it was better than anything I could ever buy! He's told me forever that I needed to meet Nick so that he could too! So there you have it!" AJ frowned. "We really should talk about this. But right now I just wanted to make sure you're ok." She nodded. "I'm fine. Just shaken up. Nick was nice enough to check on me, And before you ask, he's been a perfect gentleman." She watched as Nick got up and walked out of her room. "I swear AJ, I'm fine." AJ sat down next to her."J, you called Nick, Carrot. I haven't heard you talk about him in a VERY long time. Did you hit your head or something?" She shook her head. "Nah. They pulled my hair, but that's not it. Carrot's been on my mind a lot the last couple days. It was separating from Al. The thought caused me to remember. Then Nick kissed my head right where Carrot used to. Add in the last time I saw Carrot he was consoling me because of a traumatic experience... ok traumatic to a 5 year old. Just a lot for a couple days. I'm ok though. I swear!" AJ nodded and hugged her. "You should rest a bit. We're going to be on the bus for awhile, and it would be a good idea to relax." He kissed her head and left her by herself.

Nick was trying to look busy with the t.v. on."You're not fooling anyone," Brian walked up behind him. "What do you mean?" "You're worried about CJ. We all are. That's a lot to deal with your first day on the job. But you were great getting her out of there like you did. None of us even noticed until you bolted out there. So thanks for that!" Nick nodded. "Yea. Massive fan mobbings are not something you get used to very easily. She did have a good plan though. You need to get her some security. Like a BIG body guard or something!" Brian laughed. "Maybe. But for now I think one of us can stay with her when she's out in public." Nick nodded again. "Maybe take her sightseeing or something?" "Are you volunteering, Nick?" "I... uh... um... sure?" Brian laughed. "It's alright. We'll think of something. I heard from Kev. He and the family are going to meet us in a few days. He wants to see his... What'd he say?... Oh yea. He wants to see his 'Sweet baby J bird sing for a crowd besides us'!" Nick shuddered a bit. "It'll be great to see him. Hey, I'm gonna go check on CJ again... she if she needs anything." He got up and walked to her room.

CJ was sitting on her bed, checking for injuries she hadn't seen yet. Nick knocked on the door. "Hey, can I come in?" She turned around and smiled at Nick. "Sure. Thanks again for helping me out of the crowd." Nick nodded and smiled. "I heard Kevin's coming to meet us in a few days. You must be excited." She nodded. "Yea. It will be great to see him. They just won't tell me when we're meeting him. So, listen... Nick. I don't want last night to affect us. I don't normally do things like that... AT ALL! Let alone with a man I barely know. I don't know exactly why I did it either. It's so unlike me. But I know that it was me as much as you last night. So let's just keep this quiet and we can try to get to know each other and be friends. What do you say?" Nick smiled and nodded. "I'd like that very much. And trust me... I'm not going to say anything. Your brothers scare me, and I value my life. Add Kevin into this scenario... I'd rather not think of what could happen." She smiled. "OK then. Now that that's settled... when do we get to the next city? Where are we going anyway?" Nick gave her a big grin. "New York City tomorrow baby! I LOVE the NYC! So get some rest."