- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So another chapter... yay I am on a roll.
“I’ll be right back!” Rochelle yelled to Alex who was in the shower. She grabbed the keys to his SUV.

She unlocked and backed out of the house. She was trying to cook for lunch so she had made a list of things she needed. She wanted to do something special for Alex, he was suppose to head out to Chicago first for an Oprah special with they guys, then he was supposed to be in Tennessee for a week or so.

She wanted him to never forget who was waiting for him. Then they had to worry about the preparations for the Cruise. She couldn’t wait for the Cruise it was also going to be her first time on the Cruise, besides she had told AJ she was going to give a little pre-show of what was going to happen on there honeymoon.

She grinned as she saw her ring, she really was getting married and to AJ McLean. She didn’t understand why so many girls could not see how great he was. It was her gain and their loss.

She arrived at the grocery store and before heading in she decided to go over the list she had done before leaving the house. “Oh I forgot to put limes and eggplant.” She told herself as she began to look for a pen in her purse. “Shit no pen.” She said as she began to look for one in the car.

She couldn’t find one and then she reached over to the glove compartment. She began to dig through it and found a permanent marker. “This will have to do.” She said as she jotted down what she had forgotten. Then she began to put everything she had taken out back into the glove compartment. That is when the letter caught her eye.

She bit her lip and put it back into the glove compartment. She then walked out and into the grocery store. She tried to not think of the letter but the letter looked very feminine no Alex had many fans probably he had gotten a fan letter.

Why was he keeping it in the glove compartment though? She tried not to think about it as she continued her shopping and after finally paying and walking to the car. She finished putting everything in and no matter how much she didn’t want to snoop she did.

She grabbed the envelope and opened it. She arched her brow as she began to read…

******

“Thanks Greg I knew I could count on you. You found her quickly.” Alex said as he came down from the room freshened up. He hung the phone and called out to his fiancée, “Ro, Monkee?” he said as he walked into the kitchen.

He right away found the note explaining her disappearance. He went ahead and took that time to book a flight and to make some arrangements. He also had to come up with a good excuse to his early departure to Chicago…. Madison actually.

He was about to dial Nick’s when he heard the door to the house open. “Babe is that you?” he called out, he got worried when he didn’t hear her. “Ro?” he said walking toward the foyer.

“How long?” Rochelle asked in a sigh as tears came down her face.

Alex felt his breath leave and could not seem to breathe again. He only stared at the letter in her hand… she had found his letter. How stupid of him to leave there but she never snooped into his stuff. “We never…” he said swallowing a big knot in his throat.

“She is in love with you… and what about the whole beach situation?” Rochelle asked as she pointed to the paragraph that talked about that. “For her sake and yours?” she repeated the line.

“I can explain.” Alex said stepping toward her.

“What that you felt sorry for her cause she is dying? Don’t give me that bullshit it seems you just found out yourself in this letter.” Rochelle said.
“No…I wasn’t going to say that. I was going to say that I love you very much Ro. I don’t know how to explain what I began to feel for her. I was a little confused so she left and then I realized that its you… nothing happened between us.” Alex said.

*********

“I got them… I can manage mom.” Daphne said as she continued to wash the dishes.

“You look a little pale and tired… I really can do them you go and sit with dad.” Mrs. Newbury said.

“Mom I’m dying… of course I look like a zombie. But really I can do this, just let me do it.” Daphne said annoyed and then she felt bad as she saw her mother’s look. “I’m sorry.” She managed to say as she washed the soap off her hands.

“No I’m sorry for always bringing it up…” her mother said as tears began to form in her eyes.

“I have to go.” Daphne said as she walked away only getting her coat and scarf.

“Daph!” she heard her father call after her but she didn’t wait for him to catch up to her.

“I’m fine,” She yelled as she got on her bike and began down hill into the main road. She took a deep breath as she let the wind hit her face; it felt nice to her clammy hot skin.

She didn’t have to think to know where she was going. After a mile of pedaling she saw the white house. She could here the loud music, she smiled as she reached the drive way. The garage door was open and she could hear the music.

She climbed off the bike and began to walk into the garage and stared as Chase sang his lungs out. His eyes were shut as he sang, she gave Pete a smile. Pete had seen her already and he stopped playing his guitar.

“What the hell Pete,” Chase said finally opening his eyes. He was looking toward Pete who pointed toward the entrance of the garage. “Daph.” He said smiling.

“Let’s take a break.” Pete said looking at the drummer and the keyboard guy. “Carina has pizza in the oven lets go.” He said and so they left Daphne and Chase alone.

“Is that a new song?” Daphne finally asked.

“Yeah I just finished writing it two days ago. I was finally inspired.” Chase said as he put his guitar down and walked up to Daphne. “So why do I have the pleasure of having you here?”

“I just needed a little change… I needed to feel normal.” She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I need a little normal right now.”

“I’m here,” Chase said hugging her. “You want to go somewhere we can talk?”

“Yeah.” Daphne managed to say still not letting go of him.

*********
Chapter End Notes:
Review please?