- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ok here is the next chap. please let me know what you think.
“I’m not so sure about the name yet though.” Alex said as he took a sip of his water.

“Death of Adam,” Daphne repeated as she took a bite of the spring roll. “Oh my that peanut sauce it to die for.” She said as she dipped her spring roll in it again.

“Well I have to say that I am enjoying this Thai food. I will stick with the crispy rolls.” He said taking a bite out of one of them.

“Remember to leave room for dessert,” Daphne said as she took a full fork of her spicy Chicken Laab salad.

“What is for desert?” Alex asked as he looked at his plate.

“Mango with sticky rice…trust me it’s to die for.” She said as she smiled. “George loves mango.”

“I can only imagine, so how is it that you learned to cook Thai food anyway?”

“Well I should have told you I did go to culinary school for a while, but it turns out I am not as talented as I am painting.” Daphne said as she stared at her finished kitchen wall.

“I have to agree you have a good hand at painting. When Ro, told me about you changing this house I couldn’t picture it being different to what my old neighbor had it. But I have to admit it looks very artsy and nice.” He said as he eyed the same wall.

“So what else is Alex about?” Daphne asked as she walked toward the fridge and came out with a mango.

“Well… besides music you mean?” he asked he watched at work with what he assumed was going to be dessert.

“Yes… I mean what do you do when you’re not being mobbed by females?”

Alex chuckled, “Well it’s not that bad now it has declined a lot actually from when we first came out into the music scene.” He said.

“Mhmm… so you don’t get any more marriage proposals from fans?” Daphne asked as she began to slice the freshly peeled mango.

Alex shrugged, “Well there are the exceptions.” He felt warmth on his cheeks he knew he was blushing as he saw Daphne’s radiant smile as her green eyes met his as he answered.

“I see…” Daphne smiled a little as she began to prepare the coconut sauce for the dessert.

“But in sincerity when I am not working I like to relax. Stay at home and just be normal. Watch a movie, exercise, play my wii, and sleep.”

“That is pretty normal…” Daphne said as she began to prepare the plates.

“My turn,” Alex said as he watched Daphne place a plate in front of him and remove the other one.

“Ok,” Daphne said eyeing curiously.

“Who is or was your favorite backstreet boy?” Alex asked trying to keep a straight face.

“Really?” Daphne asked as she opened her mouth in surprise. “Out of the questions you could have asked?”

“Well I’m curious.” Alex asked as he took a taste of the dessert. “Oh my god this is good.”

“Well glad you like it,” Daphne said smiling at him. “Are you happy?”

Alex looked at her and sighed. Her look was very sincere, “Yeah I guess I am.”

“Really?” Daphne asked quietly. “Good… not everyone finds happiness you know.” She watched him as he finished his dessert. “Ok enough about that are you finished?”

“Almost,” Alex said as he took another bite of his dessert.

“Ok hurry I want to show you something.” Daphne said looking at her watch.

*******

“I like this ride better,” Alex said as he closed his eyes. The breeze was hitting his face as they drove in her mustang.

“I do too… but we have to try and be as green as possible sometimes so that’s where Herb comes in.” Daphne said as she turned on the radio.

“This is a nice song…” Alex commented as he began to hum it.

“Yes Ana Nalick it awesome in this. One of my favorite songs…” Daphne said as she sang along… “And breathe just breathe.” she giggled and than she raised her hands. “take the wheel..” she said as she stood up and sang louder.

“What the hell Daphne…” Alex said as he took the wheel. He began to smile as he watched Daphne enjoying the breeze while she sang. “You’re crazy.”

“Just a little bit,” she said sitting back down and taking the wheel. “Its actually pretty liberating… try it.” She said laughing.

“No!” Alex said eyeing her. “We can get a ticket…” Alex said shaking his head.

“Oh come on don’t be a chicken,” she said poking his side. She laughed when he jumped.

“OK fine,” Alex said as he stood up and stretched his hands.

“Now breathe like it will be the last breath you will ever take…so make it a good breath.” Daphne said as she sped a little more.

“Holly Shit this feels cool…” Alex said as he screamed. “Wooohoooo!”

“See it feels liberating.” Daphne said chuckling. That’s when she spotted the red and blue lights behind her. “Shit!”

“Oh fuck,” Alex said sitting back down. “See I told you.”

“I’ve done this before… relax I got this.” Daphne said as she pulled over.

“I am going to get a ticket.” Alex said as he finally saw his surroundings. “Where are we anyway?”

“Well we’re not in LA…” Daphne said in a hush tone. She had pulled her shirt down some exposing her cleavage and pulled out some lip gloss applying it on her lips. “Just follow my lead ok?”

“It’s not going to work.” Alex said nervously.

“It will.”

“License and registration?” the officer said as he walked to the side of the car.

“Officer I am so sorrryy…” Daphne said and gave him a smile. She got her license out and then her registration.

“Miss Newbury… do you know why I stopped you tonight?”

“Yes… I am so sorry officer. I am here visiting my half brother and wanted to explore you see. This isn’t illegal in Ireland… you had warned me and I did not listen.” Daphne said eyeing Alex. “My brother was only trying to make my visit more memorable.”

“Ireland you say?” the officer asked.

“Yes from northern Ireland the county of Derry.” She said smiling at him.

“Well I’ll let this one pass with a warning…now you sir make sure to keep your sister out of trouble.”

Alex only nodded.

“Oh thank you officer that was very nice of you.” Daphne gave him another smile and looked at his badge. “Officer Michaels.”

After the officer had left Alex began to chuckle. “That is the best accent I’ve heard. I was even buying your bullshit.”

“Why thank you…” Daphne said. “Let’s go.”
Chapter End Notes:
I really would appreciate your opinion... :)