- Text Size +

-AJ's Point of View-

"Ok guys, the meet and greet will be starting in about 15 minutes!" I heard someone yell from the hallway.  We were all in our dressing rooms, relaxing before the show that night.  It had been a long day of rehearsals and listening to Nick whine about how Allie wasn't there yet.  She was supposed to fly in that morning and join us on tour for a couple of shows, but her flight had been delayed several times in Orlando.  Thankfully, she arrived about an hour ago, so Nick finally shut up.  I sighed as my mind drifted back to yesterday, when I'd seen my mystery lady.  It was driving me insane that I didn't even know her name.  I was just hoping that I'd run into her again before we left New York to head to our next destination.

I must have been caught in a daydream or something because before I knew it Kevin poked his head into my dressing room.  "Come on, J, do you always have to be the last one to the meet and greet?"  He chuckled and I smiled slightly.  I was usually the one that was running late.  I looked down at my watch and sure enough the meet and greet was supposed to start 5 minutes ago.

I stood up from the couch and joined Kevin in the hallway.  "Sorry man, I guess I lost track of time again."  I laughed.  Kevin and I made small talk as we walked down the long white corridors to the room where the meet and greet would be held.  I smiled as I saw the small group of fans that had been chosen to receive meet and greet passes.  "So sorry to keep you all waiting," I apologized, not that the fans were really going to care that I was a few minutes late, all they cared about was that I was there.  The guys laughed.

"Well at least you're here.  Now lets get this started," Brian said.  We all five began talking with the fans and such.  I was talking to a young girl that had to only have been about 8 years old.  She was such an adorable little girl.  Once I had chatted with her and her mom for a bit, and took a few pictures I looked over to where Nick was standing and had to do a double take.  She was there, the girl from McDonald's was there, in the room only a few feet away from me.  I couldn't believe it.  Never in my wildest dreams, had I imagined that she'd be at the show that night, let alone at the meet and greet where I could finally get the chance to talk to her.  I excused myself from the little girl and her mom and told them that I hoped they had a great time at the show, and slowly made my way over to where she was standing, still talking with Nick.  I walked up tapping Nick on the shoulder causing him to look in my direction.

"Yes?"  He asked me.  I laughed.

"There's a little girl over there that is dying to meet you, Nick," I said, pointing to the young girl I had just been talking with.  He smiled.

"Well ladies, it was a pleasure meeting you, but I'll leave ya with AJ now," Nick said.  He hugged each of the two girls and then walked over to the little girl.  There I was standing face to face with her, she was just as beautiful as she was the day before.  I held my hand out to her.

"Hi, I'm AJ," I said taking her hand.  She smiled; she had the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen.

"Hey, I'm Aubrey & this is my friend, Mackenzie," she told me.  I shook her friends hand.  "It is so great to finally meet you, you have no idea!"

I smiled.  "Well it's great to finally meet you too."  Not realizing what I had said, she looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"Finally?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, well I saw you yesterday at McDonald's.  It's all really stupid actually, but since then I couldn't get you out of my head."  I told her.  She blushed and smiled.

"I knew that was you.  You should have come over and said hello.  I don't bite, ya know?  Unless you want me to of course," she said.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Oh yes, I was liking this girl a lot.  Luckily, Howie had come over and kept her friend company as I talked to Aubrey. Aubrey - What a beautiful name; it definitely suited her.

"Didn't know if you were some crazed fan or something, I didn't want to risk it," I said.  She smiled at me again.  We talked for the remainder of the meet and greet before the fans were escorted back to their seats.

The five of us made our way back to the dressing rooms for some last minute relaxation before hitting the stage.  I walked into my dressing room, followed closely by Kevin.  "What the hell was that, AJ" he asked me.

I turned to look at him. "What the hell was what?"

"You totally just blew off half of the fans down there to talk to one person.  Do you know how bad that makes you look?"  He lectured. I sighed.  Here we go again, another one of Kevin's lectures.

"Kev, why don't ya get off my back for once? I wasn't purposely ignoring the rest of the fans.  That girl, she just...I don't know, there's something about her.  I could've stayed there and talked to her all night."  I replied.

Kevin rolled his eyes.  "She's a fan, AJ.  A fan.  Don't get any crazy ideas."

"Why don't you just mind your own business for once?  I just want to get to know her better, is that a crime?"

"In all honesty, you're probably never going to see her again after tonight."

"Kev, you don't know that.  I actually saw that girl yesterday when Marcus and I were at McDonald's.  I didn't talk to her then, but I regretted that.  Then when she was there in the room today, I wasn't about to let the opportunity pass me by again."

Kevin sighed. "AJ, just don't do anything stupid, okay?"

I laughed.  "I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself." I began walking towards the door.  It was almost show time, but truthfully I just didn't want to listen to Kevin go on and on about what I should and shouldn't do.  "Three minutes, guys!  Let's get out there!" I yelled down the hall to alert the remainder of the group that it was almost show time.