- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about AJ & Aubrey! :) Here's an update for you guys! Let me know what you think!

Chapter Six

-Aubrey-

I drove for what seemed like forever before finally reaching the hotel. I parked the car and had to force myself to get out and walk into the hotel lobby. I didn't see him when I walked in so I assumed he was still upstairs in his room. I took a seat on one of the lobby couches and waited for him to come down and meet me. I pulled my cell phone out of my purse and looked at the time. I was a few minutes early, so I figured it wouldn't be long until he joined me. I had been sittng there for about 5 minutes when I saw him get off the elevator. He saw me & smiled. I waved to him and stood from my seat. "Hi," he said to me, as he approached me.

I smiled. "Hey." Hey? That's all I can say? Geesh! He shocked me a bit by taking my hand in his, but I wasn't complaining.

"You ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded. "Grat, where to? I rented a car so we have a have a little bit of privacy. So we'll go wherever you little heart desires." He smiled at me again. Oh my God, was I dreaming? Somebody pinch me!

"Uh, Taco Bell's good with me," I replied. He laughed a bit.

"I offer to take you anywhere and you pick Taco Bell?" He laughed.

I smiled & nodded. "Yup, I'm just easy to please, I guess."

He raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, I'll have to remember that," he said with a wink. I laughed. "Alright then, Taco Bell it is for the little lady. Let's go." And with that, we left the hotel to begin our 'date'.

-AJ-

I couldn't help but glance over at her as I was driving. She looked so beautiful, just sitting there in the passenger seat, looking out the window. "So tell me about yourself, Aubrey," I said. I figured I had a lot to learn about her, and not much time to do it in so I'd better get started.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see her look over at me for a second. "Well, what would you like to know?" she asked me.

"Everything."

She laughed. "Well, that could certainly take a while."

"I just realized I don't een know how old you are or where you're from. How about we just start with the basics?"

"Ok, well I'm 18 & I'm from right here in New York. I've lived here all of my life," she replied. I pulled the car into the Taco Bell parking lot.

"You're only 18?" I asked.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" I could tell she was nervous.

I laughed, in an attempt to lighten the mood. "No, you just looked older than 18."

"Oh ok."

I got out of the car and walked around to her door, opening it for her. I took her hand again, and we walked inside. Thankfully there wasn't anyone else eating in there at the tiem so the chance of me getting recognized was very slim. We ordered our food and sat down at a table in the back of the restaurant. We talked about anything and everything for about an hour, just sitting there in the Taco Bell. "So are you glad you came today?" I asked her.

She smiled. "Of course. I'll admit before I left my house I was a little nervous and scared of how things would turn out, but it's been great."

"Yeah, I went through the same thing back at the hotel. Then Kev came in and tried to talk me out of coming," I said before taking a sip of my drink.

She looked at me. "Really? Allie said that this whole thing has caused some problems between you two. I really don't want to be the cause of all that."

I just looked at her in shock. "Aubrey, don't you worry about all of that. Kev's just...well, he's just Kev, and sometimes...alright...most of the time we don't agree on a lot of things. He'll be cool with us eventually, it'll just take time," I told her.

-Aubrey-

Us? AJ & I are and 'us' now?

"Well, that's good, I guess." I said to him. One thing that I didn't want was for any of the guys to not like me. AJ gathered all the trash from our table, stood up & went over to the trash can to throw it away.

He came back over and sat back down. "So?"

I smiled, "So what?"

"When can I see you again?" He asked me. Yes! He was asking me out on a second date, could I be any happier?

"Oh no, you can't put that decision on me now. You're the one that's going to have to decide that, you're the one that's going to be travelling the country. So it's really whenever you have time," I laughed. If it were up to me, I'd already want to see him everyday, but I knew that wasn't going to be possible, so I'd have to deal with seeing him whenever.

"I guess you do have a point. Wow, this is going to be really hard, isn't it?"

"You're just now realizing that?" I laughed. How could he not realize this was going to be tough? Long distance relationships aren't my ideal kind of relationship, but for him I'd make an exception. I mean, ever after he was off the tour we'd still be on opposite ends of the country. I smiled. "We'll make do though."

"Can I see you again tonight? The guys will probably go out, but that's not really my thing anymore. We could spend some more time together. That is, if you want to."

"Of course, I want to," I replied quickly. "Tonight sounds great."

I swear the look on his face was priceless, like a little kid on Christmas morning or something. "Great! I guess we better be headed back to the hotel."

I still couldn't believe all of this was happening to me. I felt like I could wake up at any moment, but for now I was going to enjoy the dream.

Chapter End Notes:

Follow me: @MimiMarie84