- Text Size +

Finally I got Lucas settled. He was playing with Liam and Kohana. Logan was sitting with my mom and Aunt Jackie. I was getting ready to walk over when Aiden stopped me.

“Mommy, you’re under the mistletoe. That means you got to kiss me.” He gave me a big cheesy grin. I bent down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I love you Aiden Timothy.”

“I’m waiting here for more kisses. Send the girls my way.” He said seriously. I wanted to laugh. He was being so cute.

The doorbell rang and I started towards the door. Nick met me there. Together, we were ready to greet our guests. Nick slowly opened the door.

“Hey Nick. Hey Ashton. It’s great to see you. I’d like you to meet my girlfriend Kalla.”

Holy shit. I couldn’t believe that Aaron was dating her. What was he thinking? Could my party get worse than this?

“We know each other.” Nick said lightly. I could tell he was trying to stay calm.

“It’s nice to see you again Kalla. It’s been so long. How are you?” I decided to be the better person. She may have been a bitch to me a long time ago, but I wasn’t going to let her presence ruin our family party.

“I’m doing well. I can’t believe you tamed Nick. I never thought he would have seven kids.” She commented in disbelief.

“Actually it’s eight, and I’m standing right here.” Nick leaned against the wall.

“Congrats bro. That’s awesome.” Aaron high fived his brother. “Well let’s go mingle Kalla.”

Off they went to mingle with everyone. Nick and I looked at each other.

“What is your brother thinking?”

“I don’t know. As long as he doesn’t steal you away from me, we’re fine.”

“You won’t have to worry. There’s no other man for me.” I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

We started walking back into the living room. I noticed that Aiden had cornered Sage under the mistletoe. He was getting quick kiss on the cheek.

“Mmmm….mmmm….mmmm” Logan ran up to us. She held her arms up for Nick to pick her up.

“You having fun little mouse.” He held her in his arms. She continued to babble at him.

I left them and went over to talk Alex and Brian. “Hey guys. Are you having fun?”

“Of course we are. Do you think Howie’s okay?” Alex asked.

“I hope so. I feel so bad for him. Do you know what’s going on with him and Jordan?”

“I know things have been rough for the last year or so.”

“She doesn’t want kids. He knew that when they got married. I think he thought he would be able to change her mind. Then when we all started having kids, it caused some friction in the relationship.” Brian explained. Howie had been confiding in him recently. They had similar experiences with their wives.

“That sucks. I feel for Howie. He deserves to have a family.”

------------------------------

“Rachel you look beautiful tonight.” Kolby said. They were sitting on the couch in the rec room watching television.

“Thanks.” She smiled shyly.

“Can I kiss you?” He turned slightly so he could look at her. She nodded.

Kolby scooted closer to her and gently placed his lips on hers. She forgot about anything else. Her body was tingling from the electricity of the kiss. Kolby slowly separated her lips with his tongue and gently started massaging her tongue with his. Rachel had never been kissed this way before. It gave her chills. She could feel her heart racing. She slowly moved her hands to Kolby’s curls. He slowly moved his hand to the edge of her sweater.

“Kolby, I like this.” Rachel said breathlessly.

“Me, too. I like that way you make me feel.” He started kissing her again.

Rachel got lost in the kiss. Kolby moved his hands under her sweater. Slowly she fell back onto the couch. His hands moved up to her breasts. She moaned into his mouth. At this point in time, her pledge of purity was in the far reaches of her brain. She couldn’t think. All Rachel cared about was how her body was reacting to being touched and teased.

Kolby slowly took her sweater off. He looked at her hot pink bra and smiled at Rachel. “God you’re beautiful. You are the sexiest girl I know.” He started sucking on her neck as he started to unbutton her jeans.

“GET THE FUCK OFF MY SISTER, CHURCH BOY!!!!” Jackson yelled.

Kolby sat up. Rachel screamed with embarrassment. She quickly found her sweater and put it on.

“Leave us alone.”

“Are you serious? You think I’m going to let your little punk ass mess with my sister?” Jackson was pissed.

“She wants me. I can’t help it I’m that hot.”  Rachel sat there in shock. She had never seen Kolby act so cocky.

“You dickhead.”

Kolby stood up. Jackson walked over and punched him in the gut. Then he punched him in his face. Kolby fell onto the couch.

“JACKSON HOW COULD YOU? I HATE YOU.” Rachel yelled.

I was talking to my mom when I heard the commotion from the rec room. “Excuse me. I need to see what is wrong.”

Nick must have heard the yelling at the same time. We met each other at the rec room. Rachel and Jackson were yelling at each other.

“You’re such a jerk. I wish you would stay out of my life. I hate you.”

“I’m just trying to protect you. You’re too young to be doing that. What would mom and dad think?”

“Go to hell, Jackson. You act like you’re a saint. How many girls have you slept with?”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!!” Nick shouted at his oldest children. They stopped yelling and looked at us.

“What’s going on here? Why is Kolby bleeding?” I asked calmly.

“Jackson came in and started beating up on Kolby.” Rachel started crying.

“Mom and Dad, he deserved it.”

“Jackson, shut up. I can’t believe you.” Rachel said with hatred. She sat down next to Kolby and checked to see if he was okay. His nose was bleeding.

“Jackson what happened?” Nick asked. He wanted to find out what happened.

“I came into the rec room and Rachel and Kolby were fooling around. She was half naked.”

Rachel started bawling. She knew we were going to be disappointed in her behavior.

“Is this true Rachel?” Nick looked at our daughter.

“Umm…umm..daddy…we…were…just…kiss…kissing.”

“She’s lying dad. Her sweater was off and he was on top of her.”

“Go to hell, Jackson. I hate you. You’re not my brother anymore.”

“That’s enough Rachel Joy Ann. Jackson, we’ll talk to you tomorrow. Go back to the party.” Jackson huffed out of the room.

“Kolby, I think you need to go home. Go ask Brian to take you home. I’ll be talking to your mom tomorrow.” I told him. He ran out of the room.

“Rachel, what happened tonight?” Nick and I sat on the couch on each side of our daughter.

“We started kissing and I really liked it. I felt special. I guess I let things get carried away.” She said honestly.

“Sweetheart, I know you like boys. That’s not the problem. It’s when they pressure you and make you go against your beliefs that it becomes a problem.” Nick explained.

“Daddy, Kolby didn’t pressure me. I liked the way he made me feel.”

“Rachey, it’s normal to feel that way. Its okay to like the way you felt. You’re a young woman, but what about your purity pledge?” I wanted to let me daughter know that what she was feeling was normal.

“I still want to stay pure until marriage. I think my brain got caught up in the moment. I never felt like that before. It was so new.” Rachel breathed in slowly and then let it out.

“It’s hard to remain strong. I’m proud of you for trying. It might be a good idea for you and Kolby to cool it down a little bit. I think we might need to rethink the ground rules.”

“Daddy, I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that. He probably hates me now. I can’t believe Jackson beat him up.” Rachel leaned into her dad. Nick put his arms around little girl.

“He was just trying to be a good big brother. Jackson really does love you.”

“I guess.”

“Rachel, you are going to spend the rest of the night in your room. We’ll need your cell phone.”

“I know.” She said glumly as she handed me her phone. Then she left the room.

“Why do they have to grow up? Why can’t they stay five years old?” Nick leaned in to me.

“I don’t know. You’re taking this harder than you did with Jackson.” I kissed his forehead.

“She’s my little girl. I don’t want to see her grown up with boys. Now I know how Kevin felt about us.” He pouted.

“Yeah, maybe you should apologize to him.” I teased. “We better get back to the party.”