- Text Size +

Nick sat around the dining room table with his six older children. By no means was the meal quiet, but then again nothing at the Carter house was ever quiet.

“Here’s the game plan. I’m taking Rachel to dance. Jackson you are in charge of the younger kids. Make sure Aiden does his homework and reads for twenty minutes. Then you can give the triplets a bath. I’ll be back to put them to bed. Check on Rory. She might wake up. Let you mom sleep. She’s not feeling well.”

Jackson rolled his eyes. He didn’t feel he should always have to watch over his siblings. They weren’t his kids. Actually he didn’t mind most days, but he was pissed at his mother.

“Rachey, go get ready. We leave in ten minutes.” He turned toward his son. “Jacks we'll talk when I get home.”

“Whatever dad.” Jackson stood up, pushed his chair in and left the room.

“Daddy what’s his problem. He’s kissed off.” Liam wiped the mash potatoes off his face onto his shirt.

“That enough Liam. Let me wipe you off.” Nick cleaned up his messy son. “Go play.”

Liam, Lucas, and Aiden scooted out of the room and went to find Jackson.”

Logan remained at the table. She was taking tiny bites of meatloaf. Nick smiled at his only quiet child.

“Oh baby, how I wish you would talk to us. Though at times I wish the rest of your brothers and sisters would be silent.” He placed a kiss on her head. She looked up at him with a blank stare. After Christmas they were going to take Logan to see a specialist.

------------------------------

Jackson helped Aiden with his homework and gave the triplets a bath. His mom was still sleeping. He attempted to do his homework, but his thoughts were elsewhere. His nerves were getting the best of him. Jackson was unsure about the talk he was going to have with his dad.

“We’re back.” Rachel sang as she entered the living room.

“Rachel can you give the kids a snack and tuck them into bed? I need to talk to Jacks.”

“Of course daddy. Kiddos lets go.” She marched them into the kitchen. “Ooh Jacks is in trouble.”

“Fuck off, Miss Virgin.” Jackson gave her the middle finger.

“That’s enough Jackson Nickolas. Let’s go down to the studio.” Nick followed his son into the studio.

Jackson sat down on the couch and stared at the red ceiling. It needed painting.

“Tell me what happened.” Nick sat across from his son.

“Mom gives me no privacy. She’s on me constantly. Rachel can have her door closed with a guy in it. I don’t think that’s fair.”

“That doesn’t explain what happened today.” Nick stated firmly.

“Fine. She caught Bianca sucking me off.”

“Okay.”

“Dad it was embarrassing. Bianca is the hottest girl at school. She’s going to tell everyone.” Jackson grumbled. “I’ll be the laughing stock of school.”

“Oh poor Mr. Popularity. Someone might make fun of you. I feel so bad.” Nick taunted. He found high school drama a bit ridiculous.

“You and mom don’t get it. Everyone makes fun of us. They keep calling us the Duggars and asking when mom is going to pop another baby.”

“I’m sorry you are getting teased, but let’s focus on today.”

“Fine. Mom got all pissy on my again. She walked in and asked Bianca to leave. Mom is all worried now because she thinks I’m having sex.”

“Well are you?” Nick asked calmly. He was glad he never had to have this conversation with his own dad.

“Dad, what seventeen year old boy do you know is a virgin?” Jackson asked incredulously.

“I get it. Don’t you think you should wait until you’re in a relationship?”

“Dad, this isn’t the nineties. I’m careful. I used protection.”

“Protection doesn’t always work.” Nick raked his hand through his hair. He was frustrated with his son’s answer for everything.

“You and mom are proof of that.” Jackson laughed.

“That’s not funny. We are married and can afford to have kids.”

“If you got a girl pregnant, could you afford to take care of it?” Nick questioned as he stood up.

“I won’t get myself into that situation.”

“Jacks, stop acting like a cocky prick. That’s not you. I don’t know who you are trying to impress at school, but you’re at home. If you want you can be ground for the next month or so. I know there’s a dance coming up soon.”

“Fine dad. I can’t wait to go away to college. I need some peace and quiet. Are we done?” Jackson sighed.

“You need to stop giving your mom a hard time. You treat her with respect or you will deal with me. Give me your cell phone and go do you homework.”

Jackson threw his phone at Nick and huffed away. Every night at eight o’clock the kids cell phones were give to their parents until the next morning. Nick definitely didn’t want this Bianca girl sexting his son. She sounded like trouble.

-----------------------------

I woke up when I felt Nick sit down on the bed. I looked at the clock. It was ten thirty. I couldn’t believe I slept all evening and still was exhausted.

“Hello Sleeping Beauty.”

“Hi.” I stretched and sat up. “What are you eating?”

“I have rainbow sherbet, corn chips, and a meatloaf sandwich.”

“Eww…that’s gross. Why are you dipping your chips in the sherbet?” The sight of his late night snack was making me nauseous.

“Sorry. I talked to Jacks.”

“How did that go?” I looked at my husband.

“As well as expected. Jackson’s so moody lately.”

“I know. He practically hates me. I remember how I used to be his world.” A couple of tears fell down my cheeks.

“Ashy, he still loves you. You’re his mom.” Nick comforted his wife.

“So is he having sex?” I got up and started to undress.

“Please don’t mention sex when you are taking your clothes off.” Nick stared at his wife’s body.

“Nick, I’m not the beauty you married. Answer the question.” I put my nightgown on.

“You're beautiful to me.Yes, our son is having sex.”

“What the hell? He’s too young.”

“Baby girl. I know it sucks. It doesn’t make me happy, but he waited longer than I did.”

“Yeah, I forgot about you and Kalla.” I pretended to vomit.

“Umm…she wasn’t my first.” Nick looked away from me.

“Who else did you sleep with?” I smacked him in the arm, as I got into bed next to him.

“Ouch. I lost my virginity at fifteen with some girl named Megan. She was like eighteen.”

“You’re an ass. Why didn’t you ever mention this to me?” I smacked him again.

“Didn’t think it was important.” He smiled at me.

“Men you are all alike.”

“How’s that?” He smirked as he questioned me. I wanted to scream.

“Horny.” We both started laughing.

“Yeah apparently Jackson is pissed because we have such an active sex life. He says everyone picks on him because we breed like the Duggars.” Nick chuckled and kissed me on the lips.

“If I had that many kids, I would cut off your penis. I think we are more like the Brady Bunch. Don’t kiss me, your breath stinks.”

“You hurt me. I’m still hungry. You want something to eat?” He got up.

“Can you bring me a banana with peanut butter?  Get yourself something healthy. You are starting to get a tummy, Mr. Carter. What will the fans think?”

“Leave my tummy alone. I don’t care what the fans think.” With that comment, Nick left the room.