- Text Size +

“You’re starting to show, Ashy.” Nick said as I was putting my pajamas on. Sometime in the next thirty minutes the kids would be breaking down the door.

“Yep, the baby bump is here.” I smiled. “This will be the last baby bump.”

“Baby, I love you and your baby bumps.” Nick whispered as he watched me brush my hair.

“You must since you’ve kept me pregnant all these years.” I joked.

“I can’t help it. You’re so amazing and a great mother. I would love to continue making babies with you.” He took the brush from my hand. Gently he started brushing my dark locks.

“Don’t you think eight is enough?”

“Wasn’t that a TV show?” He pulled my hair off my neck and brushed his lips against the nape of my neck.

“Mmmm…don’t do that. I just got dressed.” I sucked in a breath. “Yes it was a show in the eighties I think.”

“I want you so bad.”

Quickly I grabbed my brush out of his hand and walked over to the chair.

“Why did you move away from me?” He pouted.

“Because I don’t think having our children walking in on us having sex on Christmas morning a good idea.”

“Lock the door and let them open their presents without us.”

“You are such a horn dog. How dare you not want to see your children open their presents? What kind of dad are you?” I teased. “Seriously, don’t you ever get tired of me?”

“Ashy, I love you more than life itself. You do things to me that I could never imagine anyone else doing.” He ran a hand through his hair and walked over to me.

“You ever think about replacing me with a younger version?”

“Why would I do that? You’re everything I want and more.” He straddled my legs.

“But I’m nothing like I was in beginning. Hell, I’m fat without even being pregnant. I’ve got tons of stretch marks and my boobs are saggy. Don’t you want a hot young model?”

“Let’s save the models for our son. You’re not fat. I love all your curves. I've helped cause those stretch marks and I would love to show you how much I love your boobs.” Nick’s hands moved to my chest. His mouth was almost touching mine. I could feel his breath on my face. His blue eyes gazed intently into my soul.

This is why I would forever love him. He made me feel like the most attractive woman in the world. He loved me no matter what. Fate was good to me when it came to finding a man to love, honor and cherish me.

Just as Nick was about to kiss me, the knocking began.

“Mommy….Sante Clwaus came!” Liam shouted.

“We wanta open our resents!” Lucas screamed even louder.

“MMMMMMM……TTTTAAA.” Lo Lo screeched.

I looked at Nick as he fell off the chair. He looked extremely frustrated.

“I told you they would be knocking on the door.” I laughed.

“Why did we have so many children?” He sulked.

“Because you are a horn dog.” I walked toward the door.

“Merry Christmas kiddos! Liam go wake up Jackson.”

“Jump on him.” Nick yelled from inside the room. Liam ran off.

“Lucas you go wake up Rachey. Lo Lo go get Aiden.”

The little ones ran off to get their siblings. I walked to the nursery to get Rory. Christmas had officially arrived.

-------------------------

For the last hour the kids opened their presents from Santa. All of them seemed happy with what they got. We may have money, but our kids were not spoiled rotten. The Carter tradition was that Santa gave each kid three special gifts for Christmas. They all seemed content and were enjoying their gifts.

“Rachey did you finish getting everything for mom’s gift?” Jackson whispered.

“Yeah. Do you want me to get it?”

“Yes. Go get it before dad falls asleep.”

“I need your help. It’s heavy.”

I watched as Jackson and Rachel ran out of the room. I knew they were up to something.

Nick was half asleep since we didn’t get much sleep last night. I decided to go into the kitchen to get him some coffee, plus I was craving chocolate chip cookies.

“Daddy, where did mom go?”

“I think she went in the kitchen.” He yawned. “What’s all this?”

“It’s mom’s Christmas gift from us kids.” Jackson set the basket he was carrying on the floor. Rachel placed a smaller basket next to it.

“She’s going to be surprised.”

I came out of the kitchen carrying a tray with cookies and drinks. I stopped when I saw the baskets.

“What is this?”

“Mom all of this stuff is for you from us kids.” Jackson took the tray and placed it on the coffee table.

“You are all so thoughtful.” I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.

“You deserve it for all that you do for us.” Rachel smiled at me. “Sit down and open your presents.”

The kids crowded around me. Rachel held Rory in her lap.

Slowly I started opening the gifts in the big basket. It included a baby book, scrapbook kit, and a bunch of gifts for the baby.

“Thank you. It was sweet of you all to think of me and the baby.” I started to cry.

“Mom you do so much for us. We thought you would enjoy some special things.” Aiden remarked.

“I love you all.” I went around give each of my kids a hug.

“You have another basket. This one is from me and Jackson.”

I quickly sat back down. Rachel handed me the basket. I opened the card.

Dear Mom,

Words could never fully explain how much you have done for us. At times we don’t act like it (me especially – Jackson). No one has a cooler mom than us.

Thank you for being our mom. You have taught us to be the best we can be. Thank you for everything.

We know that things are going to be tough in the next few months. With the pregnancy, dad being away, and all of us crazy children to take care of, we thought you

 needed some things to make your life easier and find some time to relax. Inside this basket you will find some things to make your life easier.

XOXO,

Jackson and Rachel

Tears were streaming down my face. I smiled at my adorable teenage children. The next envelope I opened was a note from Jackson’s Taxi Service.

“Jackson thank you for offering to drive everyone where they need to go. I really appreciate it.” I hugged him tightly.

“Mom, I’ve been an ass lately. I’m sorry.”

“You’re forgiven.”

“Come on mom, open the pink envelope.”

I grabbed the pink envelope. It was from Rachel offering free babysitting service anytime I needed it. The tears continued running down my face.

“Thank you Rachel. It means a lot to me.” I hugged my daughter.

Gift certificates completed the basket. They must have spent at least five hundred dollars. My heart burst from Jackson and Rachel’s thoughtfulness.

“Mom we didn’t mean to make you cry.” Jackson joked.

“It’s the hormones. I’m touched at your thoughtfulness.”

Nick sat on the floor smiling like a proud peacock. It made him happy to see the love his family had for each other.

“There’s one more gift in the basket.” Rachel handed me the last envelope. I quickly opened it. It was a plane ticket.

‘That’s so you can visit dad when he’s on tour.” Jackson replied as he pulled Lo Lo onto his lap.

“I have the best children in the entire world. Thank you.” I quickly stood up and ran out of the living room.