- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter! Hope you enjoy
Chapter 12

"Hello lovebirds!" AJ said as he saw Nick and Amanda walk into the house holding hands. Amanda felt awkward as she and Nick were not officially dating yet, they had not discussed becoming a couple.

"Shut it, Jay." Nick snapped, laughing. He was so happy now that he was home and Amanda was practically his. AJ noticed that Nick acted differently with Amanda there. He would call her Baby and be very affectionate, shower her with compliments.

"About time you two got together," AJ said as he walked past her in the living room that afternoon. Nick was sorting out clothes in the laundry room from the trip.

"Who said we were together?" Amanda asked indignantly, setting down the magazine she was reading and raising an eyebrow at him.

"Nobody, but I see a change in his mood. He's happier when you're near him." AJ said. He sat down next to her and propped his feet on the coffee table, something that Nick would normally scold him for if he was in the room.

"He's always been like that, AJ. That doesn't mean we are a couple." Amanda protested. She reached over and swatted him, and he moved his feet.

"You mean he hasn't asked you out yet?" AJ asked, surprised. He figured with all the romantic things during the trip, Nick would have asked the question already.

"No Jay, he hasn't. I don't see why its any of your business." Amanda snapped, getting annoyed.

"Well, if you like him...why don't you ask him out yourself?" AJ asked. Amanda rolled her eyes at him, asking a guy out was just not her kind of thing...she liked the guy to make his move.

"I'm not that kind of girl. If Nick wants me bad enough, he has to ask me himself. After what we did in New York, I'm pretty sure he's capable of asking me a simple question on his own." Amanda said angrily. AJ got up and walked off to find Nick in the laundry room separating darks from lights.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Nick?" AJ shouted, closing the door behind him as he came in. Nick jumped and dropped the pants he was holding.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"I can't believe you're just going to let her slip away in front of you!" AJ whispered angrily.

"AJ, what are you talking about?" Nick wondered, folding shirts.

"Are you that thick? Amanda loves you...and you're basically letting her go back to Lance!" AJ said. Nick scowled at him. He would not let Lance have her back, not in a million years.

"Like hell I would. If Amanda ever went back to him, she is crazy. I could treat her a million times better than that asshole ever could. Amanda deserves better." Nick whispered.

"Then you know what you need to do, ask her before someone else does. She isn't gonna wait for you forever." AJ told him, crossing his arms. Nick nodded.

"I'm gonna ask her."

"When? Tomorrow? Next week?"

"I will ask her tonight." Nick said, closing the dryer and tossing clothes into the washing machine. Later that day, Nick saw Amanda in the guest room watching television when he decided to approach her.

"Amanda?" he asked shakily, standing in the doorway. His heart beat quicker when she looked at him and smiled.

"What's up?"

"I....I...wanted to ask you something." he said in barely a whisper.

"What is it?" she asked....he was adorable when he was shy.

"Would you like to go out with me to dinner sometime?" Nick stammered. Amanda couldn't believe he had finally asked her....she wanted so badly to go on a real date with Nick after she had seen how romantic he could be.

"Yes, I would love to!" Amanda said happily.

"Really?" Nick asked. Amanda walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Of course. Nick, I really like being with you. I would love to have dinner with you...just tell me when." she said with a smile.

"Tuesday, after you're settled back at school." Nick promised as they shared a kiss. Nick was so excited, everything was coming together. He had his record deal...and he was going to date Amanda. Life couldn't be better, but Nick had a sinking feeling he could not ignore....that his happiness with Amanda would not last.