- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter! Please review!
Chapter 3

"Help me...figure out the difference between right and wrong, weak and strong, day and night, where I belong..." Amanda sang as she studied in her dorm room at college. Nick had given her a copy of his demo when he sent them to the record lables, and she liked to listen to his music when she did homework.

"Amanda, are you listening to that Nick guy again?" her roomate Jodie teased, laughing as Amanda's phone buzzed on the table.

"He's gonna be famous, just watch." Amanda smiled. She opened the phone to read the new text message.

"What?" Amanda wondered out loud. The text said there was a surprise for her outside of her room, so she ran to the door and opened it.

"Hey," Nick said calmly with a big smile.

"Oh my god!" Amanda exclaimed, practically jumping on top of him. She threw her arms around him and he hugged her, they had not seen each other in nearly four months.

"Well, hello to you too," he laughed as they parted. Amanda looked him over, he looked amazing...he was slightly taller and looking simply gorgeous. Amanda brought Nick into her dormitory and they sat down on her bed, talking.

"Who's the cute guy?" Jodie asked bluntly. Nick blushed and Amanda laughed.

"This is Nick," she said...gesturing towards the cd player. Nick's voice was floating around the room and Jodie stared.

"Oh....wow. Awkward. Okaaay...I will leave you kids alone then." she commented before leaving the room.

"So this is college." Nick said after Jodie had left, looking around the dorm.
"Yep....this is it." Amanda giggled. She was excited to see him again, or that anyone had visited her. Nick and AJ were the only ones she really talked to. Lance, her boyfriend....well, that was another story.

"I guess I'm not missing much, now am I?" Nick teased, tapping his foot to his own music.

"So what brings you to the University of South Florida?" Amanda asked, brushing her brown hair out of her face.

"I got an audition..." Nick said.

"Oh Nick...that's wonderful! I am so proud of you!" she exclaimed, giving him another hug as he blushed.

"Its for RCA in New York City." he continued, not meeting her gaze.

"You're going to New York by yourself? Are you insane?" Amanda asked suddenly. She knew that an innocent 18 year old like Nick would get torn apart in the Big Apple. He was so naïve and shy that he would get eaten alive by the people of New York. Amanda was afraid of what would happen to him if he went alone.

"Actually, I was thinking of asking AJ to come." Nick started. He knew for a fact she would not allow AJ to accompany him on the trip and was using this as a set up for asking her to go.

"Nick, I don't think that is a good idea. You should bring someone who knows the area, that can show you around...."

"You mean like you?" Nick asked with a smile. Amanda suddenly realized why Nick was at her dorm.

"Nick...I can't....I just can't..." she said softly, feeling bad. Nick looked down at his feet.

"Please, Amanda. Please come to this audition with me...I can't go to New York alone." he begged after a few minutes. Amanda shook her head, feeling horrible.

"I'm in the middle of school, I can't miss my classes." she replied.

"Amanda....please help me. I need you." Nick begged again, putting on a pout and looking like a sad puppy. She hated when he did this face, it was too sad and cute to resist.

"Not fair, Carter." she quipped with a laugh.

"Come to New York with me then." Nick said.

"Ok I will try and talk to my professors and see if they will let me off." Amanda told him finally. Nick hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you so much! You won't regret this, I promise!" Nick said before he left. Amanda really hoped he meant that, she wasn't looking forward to begging her teachers.