- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter, hope you all enjoy this update!
Chapter 30

Now that Nick was back in her life, Amanda was a bit happier....but as the weeks passed...as she and Lance planned their wedding....they realized that they couldn't afford much. Now that Amanda and Lance lived together she was starting to see his true colors. He acted as if the woman took care of the man....as if she was his housewife. He expected dinner on the table when he came home from work, her to do laundry and clean the house....and if it wasn't, he would shout at her. Amanda was not happy at all...she wanted to cancel the wedding and tried many times but Lance always talked her out of it.

Nick was supportive of the wedding...he had tried several times to help pay for it but Lance turned him down. Finally he had purchased Amanda's wedding dress to her surprise. It was a beautiful gown....scooped low in the front with plenty of white lace and a long train...it was her dream dress. It broke his heart to give her to Lance, but Nick wanted nothing more for Amanda to be happy. On the outside she was....but on the inside she was screaming.

"What am I doing?" she asked herself one day as she drove home from college. The wedding was two days away and all she could think about was Nick. How she felt about him....the way he held her....he was slipping away and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Amanda didn't even go home...she just sped down the road...not sure where she was headed but knew one thing was for sure...she was getting the hell out.



"Amanda?" Nick said as he saw her speed through the intersection in front of them. He followed, the old car was protesting at the increase of speed....but he punched the gas.

"Holy shit!" he shouted as he nearly went off the road. Thinking quickly, he turned the wheel and stopped two feet in front of a tree. Breathing hard, Nick tried to collect himself as he saw a police car in the rear view mirror.

"Not now..." Nick begged softly as an officer stepped out and walked over.

"License, registration....oh, it's you." Brian said, poking his head in the window and looking amused. Nick was frustrated, he wanted to catch up with Amanda's car.

"Brian, I don't have time for this right now. I really have to-"

"Excuse me? I don't like your tone. You almost ran into a tree....and you were speeding...you ran a red light.." Brian rattled off, ignoring him. Nick punched the gas pedal and went speeding down the road....leaving Brian in the dust.


Amanda parked her car at the Miami International Airport....she ran inside and saw a line at the ticket counter. There were two people in front of her when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Nick asked, his face full of concern. Amanda looked at him, her eyes swimming with tears...ashamed of herself for running. She knew she should talk to Lance, but felt that there was no convincing him to call off the wedding. Invitations had been sent out....everything was ready to go, except for her.

"Anywhere but here." Amanda said, holding back tears. Nick looked at her, never seeing her as miserable as she appeared at this moment.

"Why? Why are you going.....the wedding is in two days." Nick said, not letting go of her. Amanda tugged her arm back and stepped away from him.

"I have..I have to go, Nick. Don't ask why...I just have to. I can't do this." she whispered. Nick stood there and just put his arms around her, thinking as she cried softly.

"I'm coming with you." he said suddenly.

"What?" Amanda asked, looking up at him in awe.
"You're not going alone....but where were you planning on going?" Nick asked. Amanda was blown by this...Nick wanted to run away with her...she liked it but at the same time it confused her.

"Nick..."

"Somewhere tropical?" he suggested brightly. Amanda decided as long as Nick wasn't fighting with her to stay....she might as well go along with it.

"Let's do it." Amanda said with a smile. If she was going to run away, she couldn't pick a better person to go with. Nick walked up to the ticket counter to buy their plane tickets, knowing this was not a good idea and that he should be talking Amanda out of the whole thing...but it seemed he was running on autopilot...he just went with it. Nick still wanted to be with her....but he didn't want to steal her away. He wanted to get Amanda fair and square.

"Where do you two think you're going?" a stern voice said....Nick and Amanda turned around in surprise to see Brian standing there looking angry.

"Not now, Brian. We have a plane to catch." Nick said, heading towards the ticket counter again.

"I don't think so. Where are you going? The wedding is two days away." Brian said, crossing his arms.

"Anywhere but here." Amanda replied softly.

"You're running away with Nick?" Brian asked, looking at him. Nick simply grinned at him.

"Yes. I can't marry Lance. I have to go...." Amanda said defiantly, holding onto Nick's arm. As the conversation went on, Nick realized what a mistake he was making...Amanda didn't want to be with him, she only wanted to be away from Lance.

"You're not going." Brian told her.

"Watch me."

"Nick can't go.....I didn't dismiss him. He was speeding....almost hit a tree....ran a red light...disobeying an officer..." Brian rattled off. Amanda raised an eyebrow at Nick and he just shrugged.

"Nick just apologize so we can go." she said.

"I'm afraid I can't let him off." Brian replied, taking out a pair of handcuffs. Nick's eyes went wide as Brian came over with them and put them on Nick's wrists.

"You have the right to remain silent..." Brian said as Amanda watched in shock...Nick was getting arrested in the middle of the airport. She listened to Brian, hoping there was something she could do to change his mind.