- Text Size +

4 Years Later

“Mom, Deidra needs you.” Shane Thomas yelled from upstairs.

I was finishing the dishes. Brian was in the yard with Daniel. I slowly walked to the stairs.

“Shane what’s wrong?” I yelled up to my seven year old.

“Never mind. I fixed her doll.” He yelled down.

“Okay, if you need me I’ll be in the living room.” I waddled to the living room. Being seven months pregnant I was exhausted. I lowered myself to the couch. It was heaven to sit.

“Everything okay Josie?” Brian asked in concern as he sat down beside me.

“Just tired. I’m ready to pop this baby out.” I commented. Brian’s hands moved to my belly. He started rubbing my stomach. He could put me to sleep with the touch of his hands.

“I can’t believe we’ll have four kids in a few short months.”

“That’s nothing Bri. We both knew we wanted a houseful. You know what surprises me even more?” I questioned with a smile.

“That we’re getting married in December.” I reached over and kissed him.

In my wildest dreams I never thought I would get married. It took my relationship with Brian to finally realize what marriage symbolized. I had never been happier then I had been these past four years with Brian. He was my answer to everything.

Shane walked in with his younger siblings trailing behind. Deidra and Daniel were full of giggles. Shane sat beside Brian and the twins climbed up on the couch next to me.

“Daddy can we have some ice cweam?” Daniel gave his best smile.

“Have you all been good for mommy today?”

“Yes, daddy we’ve been perfect angels.” Our curly, dark haired little girl answered. I chuckled. She was always so dramatic about things.

“I guess you can have some ice cream.” He got up. “Shane come help me. Josie would you like some?”

“I would love some.”

The men of the house left the room.

“Mommy tells us a story.” Daniel snuggled close to me.

“About how you fell in love with daddy.” Deidra sighed dramatically.

It was their favorite story. I think I told it to them at least twice a day. I had to admit it was my favorite fairy tale, especially because it ended happily ever after. Brian was my prince charming. The last four years were magic. I couldn’t wait to spend the rest of my life with Brian Thomas Littrell.