- Text Size +

Flashback

It was Kevin’s birthday, and we were meeting up at Club Temptress to celebrate. Even though he was no longer in the group, he still spent time with the guys. I was excited to see Kevin. I had known him since I was a little girl.

I was almost ready to go. All I had to do was get dressed and wait for Brian. I quickly put on my little black dress when I heard the door to my hotel room open.

“Hey Josie Posey. Are you ready?” Brian’s southern drawl wafted through the room.

I walked out of the bathroom smiling.

“Hey Brian. Let me get my shoes on.”

“Where did you get that sexy dress?”

“I wouldn’t let your fiancée hear you say that. I bought it when I went shopping with Nick. He helped me pick it out.” I teased, but was totally serious. Brian’s fiancée, Tiara was a bitch. She didn’t like me, and I didn’t like her.

“She’s not here so there’s no need for her to overhear.” He leaned against the wall.

“Where is she?” I slipped into a pair of knee high boots.

“She went back home. Tiara needed to meet with the bridal consultant.”

“I can’t believe you will be married in three weeks. You’re making me feel old.”

Brian looked at me. He didn’t look at me like I was his best friend. The haziness in his eyes was unreadable. It made me shiver.

“Not all of us are unromantic and don’t believe in marriage.” He shot back at me.

“I believe in romance, but marriage is another story. I’m not the only one who doesn’t believe in marriage. Nick said he’s never getting married either.” I grabbed my purse and headed to the door.

“Maybe you should stop hanging with Nick so much.” He countered as I lead him into the hallway.

“What about not hanging out with Nick?” Nick grinned at me. “Wow, you’re smoking hot tonight Josie. I’m glad you took my advice and got the dress.”

“Thanks Nick!”

We all walked to the elevator together.

------------------------------

The party was in full swing. Kevin and Kristin were on the dance floor. AJ was mackin’ on some poor helpless girl. Howie and Brian were sitting at a table having an in-depth conversation. Nick and I walked over to the table.

“What are you guys talking about?” I leaned against Brian.

“Nothing that concerns you.” Brian joked. I pinched his cheeks.

“That means you were talking about me. What did he say Howie?” I jumped around. I was feeling good from the fancy pink drink Nick bought me.

“I’m sworn to secrecy, Miss Jo. Brian would kill me if I told you.” Howie teased.

“Oh, Howard. You are such a wimp.” I scooted over to Nick and whispered in his ear. “I’ll get him to dance. Then he’ll tell me.”

Brian flicked me off. Howie and Nick cracked up laughing.

“No thank you Brian. You are so not my type.”

He grabbed me around my waist and pulled me closer.

“What’s your type?” He murmured in my ear, so only I could hear. His breath gave me chills down my spine.

“Wouldn’t you like to know? Dance with me.” I pulled him out of his seat and pulled him towards the crowd. Nick gave me a look, but I just waved at him.

The music had turned slow. Brian placed his hands gently on the small of my back. He was always a gentleman. My hands went around his neck. We swayed to the music.

“This feels good. You’re like the perfect height in those shoes.”

“It does feel good. It’s probably our last slow dance together. I want to enjoy being in your arms.” I inhaled his cologne. Suddenly, my mind was on other things.

“Just because I’m getting married doesn’t mean I can’t dance with you.”

“I don’t think Tiara would approve. She won’t let me near you once you say I do. I don’t blame her.” I whispered the last comment in his ear.

“Josie, you sure are flirty tonight.”

“I can’t help it Brian. Something about that cologne your wearing makes me want to flirt.” I reduced the space between us. I could feel Brian’s body against mine. This where I always dreamed I would be.

“Josie, you feel so good in my arms. Your body feels good pressed against mine.” Brian licked his lips slowly and his face moved closer to mine. Before either of us knew it, we were kissing. Not just a peck on the lips kissing. It was mind blowing, lip sucking, tongue dueling, let’s make love kissing.

“Oh my! Wow! Josie, do you know what you’re doing to me?” I shook my head. Brian took my hand and placed it on his erection.

“Brian, I never knew you were that kind of guy. You’re so bold tonight.”

“You do that do me Josie. I’ve wanted you for so long.”

“I’ve wanted you, too. What about Tiara?” I started to sway to the music.

“What about her? Can’t I have one night with you? It’s always been my dream since you developed into a woman.”

Brian had no clue what he was doing to me. I had been in love with him since I was fifteen. I knew this was the only chance I would ever get to make love to him. The repercussions were not even a thought in my mind. All I knew was I wanted Brian and this would be my only chance.

------------------

We left the club immediately and went back to Brian’s room. I didn’t remember the cab ride because I was so busy with Brian. Once we got inside, we stripped out of our clothes in a matter of five seconds.

Brian carefully placed me on the bed. He straddled my waist and started kissing his way down my body. He stopped at my breasts, kissing and fondling them. I was in pure ecstasy. Brian moved down to my stomach, placing butterfly kisses all over it. He moved closer to my womanhood.

“Bri…I…need…you…in…me…NOW!!!!” I purred.

-------------

I sat up straight in my bed. I had sweat beading down my face. I couldn’t believe I had dreamed about that night. The memory was fresh as if it had happened yesterday. It was the night that changed my life. One night with Brian was not enough. I loved him more now than I did that night.

It was the night that changed my life. It was the night that changed Brian’s night. Hell, he didn’t even know the impact of that night on his life. I was a coward. I couldn’t even tell him that we conceived a child that night. I couldn’t even tell him now that Shane was his son. I was a bad person.