- Text Size +

CHAPTER 6

 

One month later

"Nick, I promise, I'm going to be fine. You've showed me where everything is, twice. I know all the cell phone numbers by heart, and Amy is a phone call away. You're gonna be late meeting the guys to begin this around the world trip. You have to go." Dottie was doing her best to convince Nick to go ahead and leave. She had been at his house just a few hours and already she felt like she had come home. The past month with Amy had been easier. Their friendship had grown stronger than ever, and Dottie had finally been able to talk about her feelings for Nick. She couldn't believe how much better it felt to have someone to talk to about this.

Nick brought her back from her reverie. "Dottie? D, where are you?" He was standing in front of her holding her shoulders. She kind of liked it that the guys picked up on her and Amy’s nicknames. And they used them a lot!

Dottie smiled. "I'm here Nick, wondering what Howie is going to do to you if you are late."

Nick groaned, "Don't remind me. Are you sure everything is ok? Do you know where everything is? Is there anything you need?"

Dottie placed her hand over his lips, silencing him. A jolt of pleasure swept through her at the contact. "Nick, umm, I'm fine. You need to leave. I'll be ok." Without thinking, Nick kissed her fingertips, causing her to shiver. She moved her hand down to his shoulder. "Nick, I'll be ok. You can call me every ten minutes if you need to, but you have to go."

Nick sighed, pulling her into his arms for a tight hug. "You're right. It's just, you look so happy, I don't want to leave. I want to stay and talk with you, like we used to talk."

"We will, Nick, but right now, you have a tour to start. And I have to find myself." Without thinking about it, her arms tightened around his waist as she buried her head in his chest.

Nick felt ten feet tall as she stood in his arms. He wanted to conquer the world for her, give her the moon. And she was almost ready to let him. Pulling back slightly, he placed a kiss on one cheek, then the other, then on the tip of her nose before covering her lips. Dottie felt weak as his lips sealed over hers; gently teasing them with his tongue. Before she knew it, she had deepened the kiss, taking Nick's tongue inside her mouth. Nick moaned, holding her closer as their mouths devoured each other.

When she finally pulled back, Nick looked into her eyes. Both of their faces were flushed, and she could see a look of desire in his eyes. "Nick, umm, what was that for?"

Nick sighed, pressing his forehead to hers. "That was because I can't resist you, even though I know you aren't ready for it. I've wanted you for so long, but I don't want to mess up our friendship. I don't think it will mess it up, but I don't know what you think, what you feel, what you want. I‘m sorry if I offended you, D."

Dottie sighed, closing her eyes for a moment. "Nick, please don’t be sorry about kissing me. I’m not sorry. But I'm not sure I'm ready. Can we take it slow and see how things go?"

Nick held her close, placing gentle kisses on her forehead. "Yes, we can take it slow. I'll call you tonight from the plane. Remember, if you need anything, call. And I showed you where the emergency cash is. Anything else?"

Dottie looked into his eyes, knowing with all her heart she loved him, and wanting to tell him so. "Yes, Nick, you have to go. Call me and I'll call you, and everything will be ok. I'll miss you."

Nick stepped back, holding her hand as he grabbed his suitcase with the other hand. "I'll miss you too. Behave yourself. No wild parties, no orgies in the kitchen."

Dottie laughed at his list as she walked him to his car. "Have fun, Nick. And stay safe."

Nick hugged her quickly, dropping a quick kiss on her lips. "For you, Baby, I will. I'll call."

Dottie waved as he pulled out of sight, and then hugged herself, dreaming of the feeling of his arms around her, his lips on hers. For the first time in a long time, she felt safe. Happy. Secure. Running inside, she grabbed the phone to call Amy.

Chapter End Notes:

Here's the latest!   Enjoy!!  :)