- Text Size +

~Preface~

 

Nick and I had been best friends for a few years and were inseparable. We had grown so close that he asked me to move into his house. He hates to be alone for any length of time and our platonic relationship just `worked.’ While he and the other guys were touring, I took care of the house, pool, grounds, garden, dogs, etc. I loved the large open rooms and the closeness of the tranquil water. The fact that we were both Aquarians made life both easier and more difficult. We both tended to be moody; sometimes wanting to spend every moment together and at other times needing our own personal space. Usually we understood each other's needs and respected them without taking it personally. We seldom clashed, but when we did... watch out! All the other guys in the group treated me like a sister and usually counted on me to make Nick listen to them when he was being stubborn, which was often. I was his voice of reason.

 

 

 

 ~Christmas Eve~

 

We had almost finished setting up the Christmas tree with all its ornaments, tinsel and white lights. All that remained was the finishing touch on top. Nick climbed the step ladder putting the angel in her place, then plugged in the lights. The tree looked beautiful and we were quite pleased with ourselves on the outcome of our first tree together.

 

"It still needs some icicles," he said as he began throwing handfuls on it.

 

"NO Nick! You can't just throw the icicles on the tree! You have to put just a few on each branch and let them hang down, like this," I chided him.

 

"Don't tell me how to decorate my own tree!" he whined.

 

"OUR tree," I corrected him. I looked at him and started to say something else to him when WHAM! I had the terrible taste of foil in my mouth! Nick had stuck a wad of icicles in my mouth!

 

"There, that should keep you quiet, Wench" he laughed. My eyes became huge and he saw the look of retaliation on my face. His blue eyes enlarged and he began to laugh and back away from me as I was spitting out the metallic shreds.

 

"Oh shit! Maybe I shouldn't have done that! Zoe....Zoe, what hell are you gonna do to me?" In his haste to back away from my advances toward him, he fell backwards over the decoration boxes that were strewn about the living room. I saw my opportunity and went for it. I grabbed a long strand of gold tinsel and tackled him, tying his hands over his head and sat on his chest. I threw my hands up in victory as if I had just won the calf roping event at the local rodeo.

 

"Yesssss! I AM the victor!" I declared.

 

I had spoken too soon. I squealed as Nick used his powerful legs and flipped me off of his chest, rolling over and knocking down a tower of boxes that fell to the floor with a sickening, shattering crash. We didn't even bother to stop our wresting match. We continued rolling around, each throwing handfuls of icicles, tinsel, garland, whatever we could get a hold of. Neither one of us is the picture of grace; arms and legs were flailing every which way. Suddenly, I found myself on my back with Nick right on top of me, our noses just inches apart. We were both breathing hard from our antics. My hands were prisoners of his own larger ones, pinned to the floor on either side. As our eyes met, our smiles faded. What was that look I saw in his gaze? And what was that pull I was feeling? He had never looked at me that way before.  And why was I feeling all tingly? Why was he looking at my lips like that? Why did I have the urge to kiss him? Was it just because we were lying beneath the magical mistletoe? He was my best friend after all. This just wasn't right. Was it?

 

Nick's gaze traveled from my eyes to my mouth, back to my eyes, again returning to my mouth. Licking his lips, he slowly lowered his lips to mine. I felt a slight shock as our flesh touched in this intimate way for the first time. He tasted sweet, like a candy cane. He was very gentle, almost graceful in his explorations of my mouth and face, delicately kissing along my cheeks. I followed suit and kissed along his jaw line, following it to his ears, gently nibbling, kissing and sucking on them. He pulled back to look into my eyes to see if I was as thrown by this as he was. I was.

 

"Are you okay with this?" he asked.

 

"No. I want more. I want you, Nicky. Now." I answered, breathless. I could see the fires of desire blaze in his eyes and I knew he was feeling the same overpowering feelings I was. He began to ravish me with an intensity that only Nick could have when he really wanted something. In our fervor and excitement of our new-found relationship, we became a little rambunctious. We began aggressively disrobing one another, letting the clothing items fall where ever they may. He buried his head into my neck, kissing me while I tangled my fingers into his hair, pulling him closer. As he was getting into position to culminate our union, his big feet got caught in the cord to the tree lights. Our passion was stopped short as the 9 foot tall tree came crashing down on us! We both yelled out as it covered us, its lights blinking merrily; unknowingly. My bra dangled humorously from one of the angel's motorized wings. One look at each other was all it took. Gales of laughter rang throughout the room as we surveyed our predicament. We were covered in lights, ornaments, icicles, tinsel and sap. Sticky, smelly, pine tree sap. "Oh my god Nicky, the sap is leaking out of the tree!" Nick looked down at his 'trunk' and said, "No it isn't! Well, not yet at least. I mean it may be Christmas Eve and all, but Santa isn't the only one cumming tonight!" We laughed as we continued to unwrap our gift to each other on this, our most special Christmas together.