- Text Size +

Everyone was now at the grave yard. They had just concluded the services. People began to move away from where the casket sat on the support poles over the deep hole.

Nick stood by himself at the casket looking at the carved headstone it sat in front of.

"Nick, Denies is having lunch at her house. We're gonna watch some of her old home movies of Jay. You wanna come?" Howie asked walking up behind Nick holding James.

"Uh, yeah, I just, need a minuet." Nick told him while trying to maintain his composure.

"Alright, see you there." Howie said then patted the top of AJ's casket before walking away.

Nick scanned over the words 'ALEXANDER MCLEAN' carved into the stone.

"I really wish they would have put AJ." AJ's voice said.

Nick jumped back and looked around.

"That never get's old." AJ laughed sitting up on top of his own casket holding the same bottle of beer.

"Would you get down? Someones..."

"What? Gonna see me?" He asked sliding off of it.

"Only you can see me dip shit." He laughed walking through Nick and sitting down in a metal folding chair that was draped in red velvitine.

"Only me?" Nick asked confused.

"Yep, I have to warn you to change. Therefor I get to spend the rest of eternity haunting you cause Lord knows your too thick headed to actually listen." AJ rolled his eyes and took a sip of the beer.

"Isn't drinking that shit what killed you in the first place?" Nick scolded.

"Yeah but... you can't die twice." AJ explained standing up.

"So... you keep saying your here to warn me to change. I don't get it. What am I supossed to change?" Nick asked.

"This." AJ said lifting his bottle of beer to show Nick.

"I'm supossed to change your beer?" Nick gave him a strange look.

AJ slapped his forehead, "You really are stupid arent you?"

"Hey!" Nick defended.

AJ laughed, "Well, since your too dumb to figure this out... I'm suposed to get you to realize that you have to stop drinking."

"Stop drinking? Why?" Nick asked folding his arms over his chest.

"Because you have a problem." AJ told him picking a rose off the flower arangmemt laying on his casket.

"Well I disagree so you can just move on to the after life pal." Nick said and turned to walk away but AJ appeard infront of him.

"This is my task Nicky. I can't move on until you change. Where I go all depends on how well I do." He said rolling his eyes at the last part.

"...and if I don't change?" Nick asked.

"Then I'm stuck here haunting your ass drinking this bottle of beer for... well the rest of your life... which isnt gonna be very long if you don't change!"

"I don't have a problem!" Nick yelled.

"I never said you did." Brian's voice came from behind him.

"Brian I uh..." Nick stuttered turning around.

"I just wanted to see if you were ok. I saw you standing here talking to yourself and got a little worried." Brian said.

"I'm not talking to myself I'm talking to AJ." Nick rolled his eyes and pointed to AJ who sat in a chair.

Brian gave him a consered look.

"I told you, he can't see me." AJ said standing up and walking infront of Brian. He then proceeded to pull his pants down and jump up and down.

Brian stood unphased.

"See?" AJ said turning back to Nick.

Nick moved so that he could see Brian, "I uh, you know, saying goodbye." Nick quickly made up a little shaken by AJ's actions.

"Oh, yeah well, Leighanne, Baylee and I are heading over to Denies' now. You wanna follow us over?" Brian asked.

"Yeah sure." Nick said.

Brian turned to walk away aftter patting the top of AJ's casket.

Nick turned to look at AJ but once again... he was gone.