- Text Size +
Chapter Thirteen
Point of View: Krystal


I figured Nick was having a hard enough time swallowing the idea that he'd done a lot of drugs, so I didn't bother trying to tell him about the dancing on the bar or the body shots he did off me or the photographers that he'd flipped off or the gutter I'd plucked him out of just before I convinced him to borrow the yacht.

I'd never thought of the term steal, I mean I never really thought much further than just the idea that we would be on a boat and it would be romantic like it had been that first day.

But it hadn't been all that romantic. I mean he basically got the boat adrift, puked his guts up overboard, and dropped dead into the bed. "Watch the helm, gotta watch the helm," he'd muttered, and within seconds had been blowing spit bubbles into the pillow.

Now he was freaking out.

I watched as Nick paced back and forth, rubbing sweat from his neck. I had to struggle to keep ignoring as the dolphins showing off, trying to get my attention back. Nick was more important right now.

"I'm going to jail, fucking jail," he muttered again and again, wringing his hands.

"Maybe the owner won't press charges," I suggested.

Nick just stared at me for a moment before continuing on with his worrying.

I'm not a big fan of tension. Basically, tension sucks. I pouted. "Nicky," I begged, "Let's have sex?"

"KRYSTAL!" he yelled my name so loud I swear it could've echoed off Cuba. "Now is not the time, okay?" he said, his voice shaking as he lowered it to a normal volume level.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"I'm sorry." Nick stopped pacing. "I shouldn't yell at you." He sighed, "I'm just really frustrated and disappointed with myself," he said, voice dropping. He shook his head. "I dunno how I get myself into shit like this..."

"You mean you've been stranded on a boat with a girl before?" I teased.

Nick hesitated. I could almost see the wheels turning in his head. "No," he admitted, "Well. Not exactly."

I just knew there was a story behind that, just the way he paused, hesitated, and looked when he claimed his denial, but I didn't push it. I figured I'd draw it out of him sometime in the future.

I patted the seat next to me and he sighed and sat down. I turned back to the dolphins. They splashed around in the water, snickering and turning cartwheels in the shimmering blue water. Nick glanced over his shoulder at them, trying to stay angry, but not quite able to resist them completely.

"I love dolphins," he finally admitted. He turned slowly.

"I never saw one before," I admitted. I reached out my hand and touched the water, dreaming of touching one of them, but they didn't come close enough to the side of the boat for that. Nick was now facing the side of the boat, leaning against it like I was, his eyes excited but his face still trying desperately to suppress the grin I knew was coming. I nudged him, "I'm glad the first time I got to was with you."

And there was my smile. Nick's lips curled into the grin I'd been trying to get out of him and he reached down and touched the water, too. He watched the dolphins playing and silence fell over us for a long time as we sat there together. Finally, he turned to me, "I'm glad you're with me, too," he said.

I turned to look at him and felt his eyes travel down my body. I grabbed his hand and laid it on my chest, in the middle, where my heart is, and I whispered, "Wouldn't it be the perfect crime if I stole your heart and you stole mine?"

Nick laughed lightly. He leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled back. He sat there, leaning towards me, a puzzled look on his face. "What?" he asked.

"Don't you dare kiss me unless you mean it with all your heart," I told him.

Nick didn't even hesitate.



An hour later, he was rebuttoning his shirt and I was shrugging into my dress. "Sorry mister boat owner sir," he was muttering, "I stole your boat and then I had lots and lots of sex on it, but it's back now, and..."

I giggled and pulled my hair out of the neckline of my dress. I left my shoes on the seat, I didn't wanna wear them yet. I was the type that, unless they were my galoshes, I didn't wear shoes most of the time. My galoshes I loved. They were a part of me. But sandals and sneakers and crap are not a part of me and therefore are offenses to my feet.

Nick's hair was all messed up and stuck out at all the wrong places. It added to his charm. I smiled as he struggled with tucking in his shirt and ended up only getting it half tucked before giving up. Unlike me, he tugged his socks and shoes on and was working on tying the laces up.

"Think we'll be on the news?" I asked, "For boat thievery?"

"I hope not," he muttered.

"We're pirates, Nick, modern day pirates."

He stared at me, and I could tell he was trying to decide if he was pissed off or not. Finally, thankfully, he decided he wasn't. Amazing what giving man some sex will do, isn't it? "Alls we need is rum," he joked.

I grinned, "Well yo-ho matey..." I ducked into the lil room we'd woken up in and snagged a bottle of Jack Daniels I'd seen on a mini bar when I first got up. A moment later I came back out onto the deck. "It's not rum, but it's liquor!" I popped the top and downed a long swig.

When I passed the bottle to Nick - a heady rush already engulfing me - he stared at the bottle for a long moment, studying it. "This is what AJ drinks," he muttered.

"And for good reason, Papa Jack is a great man." I patted Nick's chest. "Drink up, matey - argh!" I squinted one eye, trying to simulate an eyepatch.

Nick laughed, then unscrewed the cap and took a mouthful.

I snatched the bottle back and downed some more. "Now we're sailing the seven seas! Let's get us some booty!"

"I already had booty today, cap'n," Nick laughed.

"Oh yes, yes that's right..." I grinned and tapped my ass and wiggled it for him.

"And a damn fine one, too," Nick added with a wink.

"Well, Longjohn..." I winked suggestively at the very applicable nickname, "You can have pirate booty anytime you want."