- Text Size +
Chapter Twenty-Five
Point of View: Krystal


I woke up with a start when I heard a cruiser, with its siren blaring, drive by the house the next morning. I sat bolt upright and found myself in Nick's bed still, his legs twined around my own legs and his body pressed against mine. Thor, as he informed me his fans had name it, was pressed into my back at full attention.

Nick's arms snaked up and grabbed my shoulder, his watch band heavy on his wrist, gleaming in the sunlight that came through the window. "Come back," he whimpered, pulling me back into him. "Don't go anywhere," he pleaded.

I lowered backwards into the pillows and blankets.

Nick curled into me even more than he'd already been and pressed his mouth against the back of my neck. "Thank you for being so amazing," he whispered. "I love you so fucking much."

I didn't respond. My heart was doing jumping jacks in my chest cavity.

"Kryssie," he whispered, "Hey Kryssie..."

"What?" I asked, numb.

Nick kissed my skin softly, "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in all my life," he murmured.

I shook my head, "No I'm not."

"I think so," he said flatly, not really leaving any space for rebuttal. He rubbed my shoulders. "Hey baby?" he whispered, "What's the matter? You're tense."

"I'm okay," I replied.

"Come lay down," he begged.

I shook my head, "I'm not tired; I'm gonna go downstairs, I think," I answered, shrugging him off me and crawling out of bed.

He watched helplessly, "Babe..."

"It's okay, Nick, I'm just not sleepy, that's all." He pouted, sighed, and started to get up, too. "What're you doing?" I asked.

"Getting up," he replied.

"You're tired, go to sleep, I'm just not tired yet."

"Come back when you are?" he asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," I answered.

Nick eyed me for a long moment, then accepted it and laid back into the pillows. "Okay."

When I got downstairs, I boiled some water and threw a tea bag into it. I set myself down in a chair in the living room and hugged my knees to my chest. The irrational side was sitting there waiting for them.

I wondered what he'd do if he knew.