- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty-Four
Point of View: Narrator


Krystal came into the bedroom in the tiniest teddy night gown Nick had ever seen. It was black, with sequins in squirling patterns across the bodice, and silky, sheer fabric that reminded him of floating angelfish. It barely covered her, and what it did cover of her he could see through it.

He would've liked it if most clothes were that way, actually.

"Wow," he gaspd as she crawled onto the bed and right up the length of him, straddling him, one knee on either side. She sat on his abdomen and ran one hand across his chest. Her other, he noticed, she kept cupped. "What's in your--" he started to ask, but she bent forward and kissed him, interrupting him.

"Shh," she whispered, pulling away, "Do you trust me?"

Nick nodded.

Krystal laughed, "Then what I have here is my magic." She licked his jaw.

Nick groaned, "Magic?" he murmured as her mouth moved across his skin.

"Yeah," she whispered, "Nick, I wanna blow your mind..."

"Blow my mind?" he murmured as Krystal's mouth met the soft skin between his neck and ear. She began to suck on his skin ever so gently. He groaned and his hands ran up her back, strong and big compared to her size. He clutched at her. "Please," he groaned.

Krystal sat up and looked down at him, "Here," she whispered, "Take these." She motioned with her mouth for him to open his mouth, and he did. She dropped in two capsules.

"Krys, I --" he started to protest around the pills, but she bent down and kissed his neck again and he groaned.

"Trust me," she whispered, her lips moving against his skin. "Please trust me... It's not like it's gonna hurt you any. You're going to friggin love this, Nick. I promise."

He stared at her as he swallowed.

"Good boy," she hissed in a sultry voice.



Nick woke up with his face stuck to the damp tile of the shower. A spray of water was falling from the nozzle, far overhead, like rainfall, spraying his splayed, bare legs and pooling around his bottom, which was blocking access to the drain. He moved, the water gurgling as it rushed to fill the empty pipe below, and reached for the knobs to turn off the spray. His head felt fuzzy and everything was unclear in his mind. Words jostled and jumbled around, bouncing off of each other.

He struggled to his feet, clinging to the handle in the wall and pulling himself up. His knees were wobbly and he grabbed at the towel rack outside to steady him as he stepped into the atmosphere of the bathroom.

The door was wide open, water was all over the floor.

Nick clutched the edge of the sink basin and, ironically enough, turned on the water and splashed his face. It felt like the thing to do.

As he splashed his face, he wondered how he'd ended up stuck to the wall in the bathroom like that. The last thing he could recall was Krystal... crawling across the bed to straddle his chest...

Nick's eyes met themselves in the mirror. They were red, bloodshot, and tired-looking. He held onto the sink and stared into them. "Crappin' A, Carter," he muttered, searching his own pupils.

It came back in tiny little flashes at a time. The magic she claimed she held... Snapshots of Krystal's face, controrted in various positions of pleasure, her hair dampening from sweat, the smell of sex in the air... It'd been his idea to shower. They'd pressed against the wall and he'd lifted her right off the floor, she'd wrappd her legs around him, and they'd given the shower something to talk about.

"Nick?"

Krystal appeared in the door way. He looked in the mirror at her, rather than turning around. She had on a t-shirt of his, which clung in all the right ways in just the right places. Her eyes, too, were blood shot and tired.

Like an ocean breeze, she moved closer, snaking her hands around his body, their skins sticking together. "Wow, huh?" she whispered.

Nick nodded into his own eyes. "Yeah," he muttered, "Wow."



A week later, and they hadn't left the house. Nick's cell phone lay on the night stand, blinking alerts for countless missed calls. Their legs tangled around in the sheets and each other, her finger tips running up and down his spine...

Krystal was right, he thought, through the stupor of the night before, It is magic.