- Text Size +

Chapter 10

             The elevator dinged and the doors opened. My heart was racing as I stepped into the hallway. I couldn't believe that I had flown to LA on a whim to just to "hang out". Especially with things be so uncertain between Nick and I. There in the hallway was that same bodyguard that had caught me during my great escape. He was on the phone but he smiled and waved and then pointed to his left. I smiled back and followed his direction, pulling my little wheelie bag behind me. I stopped in front of room 905. This was it. I took a deep breath and knocked. Nick answered the door looking just as gorgeous as I remembered. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I was expecting it this time so there was no awkwardness. "You made it" he whispered in my ear. He smelled amazing and the sounds of his voice in my ear sent a shiver down my spine. We walked inside and he took my bag and threw it somewhere. I couldn't really focus. I'd been trying so hard not think, but ever since he released me from that hug there was one thing I couldn't STOP thinking about. That moment on my kitchen floor. I remembered exactly what it felt like and all I wanted in this moment was to feel that way again. "But how?" Then Nick's words rang in my head for about the millionth time, "don't think, just do." He was walking towards me, this was my chance. I shut off my brain, grabbed him, and kissed him. I pulled away. Nick looked shocked. "What have I done?!?" I thought, starting to panic. "Wow! Ummmm, what was that?" he said. "I dunno, I'm sorry!" I replied. "No, no, please, don't be sorry, nothing wrong with that. It's just ... I thought you wanted to take things slow?" "I do, I do! It's just ... I dunno ... I was thinking about the last time we were together, you know, right before you had to leave ... and then, you told me NOT to think ... and I just kind of freaked out." "Soooo, that was you NOT thinking?" he said. "I guess so" I answered. I hadn't noticed until just then that I had been backing away from him and he, as a result, had been moving closer to me. Now I had backed right into a wall and Nick walked right up and leaned into to me, he put his hands up on the wall and blocked me into to the spot with his arms. At this point there was no shutting off my brain, it was a blur with a million thoughts most which involved how increasingly hot it was becoming. I was praying my cheeks weren't too red with embarrassment. "Well," he said "if that was you not thinking then you clearly need to take my advice more often." I laughed, partially because it was funny, but partially because I was nervous. "And I think now might be a good time to start." he said, his face just inches from mine. "I dunno" I said, sure he could hear my heart pounding "I think I may have been right the first time, you know ..." He put his finger on my lips to stop me from talking. "You see, right there, you said "I think". The point is to stop thinking." he smirked. "But I can't" I said. "Really?" he replied "What if I do this ..." He leaned in even closer, pressing me right up against the wall, and kissed me. My mined went blank. When he stopped, I felt like I might melt into a puddle on the floor. "How about now?" he asked "Can you stop thinking now?" "Uh huh" I muttered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we started kissing again. 

I never stopped to think again the rest of the weekend.