- Text Size +

Chapter 12

             Monday night. I had been busy all day so it wasn't until I was getting into bed that I realized I hadn't spoken to Nick all day. "Hmmmm," I thought "that's strange. Although, it's not like I called him either ... he must have been pretty busy too. Mondays suck." I decided not to worry and just get some sleep.

            Tuesday night. I still hadn't heard from him at all. I had called twice that day and he didn't answer either time. I was just about to call again when I got a text. It was from him. "Hey Groupie, I got your msgs. Sorry, I'm super busy. Will call you as soon as I get a chance." I answered back "It's ok. Don't worry about calling tonight. I'll just talk to you tomorrow." "I wonder what he's up to?" I thought as I lay my head down on the pillow.

            Wednesday night. I had decided it would be best not to bother him and just wait for him to call me. Whatever he was working on must have been really important. But I was about to go to sleep for the third night in a row without hearing from him and I was really starting to worry. I was going to remain calm though. I sent him a text "Hope everything is ok. I miss you."

            I woke up Thursday morning to a text from him. "Sorry Groupie, this project I'm working on is almost done. I'll call you tonight for sure." I stayed home all night and waited. He never called. I went to bed upset.

            By Friday at lunch time I had decided that I couldn't take it any longer and so I called him. This time he answered. "Hey you! What's up?" "Uhhh, not much" I said "just spent last night at home waiting for SOMEONE to call me." "A cute girl like you? I don't believe it" he said. "Ya well, believe it buddy." I replied "Seriously though, I haven't talked to you in four days. What's going on?" "Uhh, you know, I can't really talk about that right now" he answered. "What do you mean you can't talk about it right now? Why?" I was starting to really freak out. "It's just ... I don't ... can I call you back?" he sounded weird. "No, you can't. Just tell me what's going on!" "Listen, it's something I've been meaning to talk to you about for a while. I just ... I think it's a conversation that we need to have face to face. Can you be home tonight? Maybe we can video chat." "I dunno" I said "I have plans with Jules. I can cancel I suppose, but how do I know you're not gonna bail on me again?" "I won't! I promise! Please! Just be at home around 9 tonight I promise I'll call you. We really need to talk." "Alright" I said "Look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." "For sure!" Nick replied, and we hung up.