- Text Size +

Chapter 15

            When I arrived at the building I wasn't sure if I was more angry or confused. All I knew it that I just wanted to get up there and get this over with. I buzzed up to the penthouse. "Hello?" Nick said from the other end. "Hey, it's me" I said. "Come on up" he replied and unlocked the door. 

On long ride up the elevator I had a thought. "What if she lives here? What if this is HER place I'm going up to?" The doors slide open and I walked down the hallway. "If there's any chance this is a girl's place I will slap him right across the face." I knocked on the door and was just about to give him a piece of my mind, but I got distracted. When Nick opened the door, he was smiling. "So," he said "whatya think?" I just stood there shocked and confused. "Well, come inside!" he said. I walked in and started looking around for someone or something that could explain. "Are you here alone?" I asked. "Uhhh, yea" he responded "who else would be here?" "I dunno" I said "the person who LIVES here?" Nick started to laugh, "Groupie, I live here" he said. "You what?" I said. "I just bought this place! That's what I wanted to tell you." he said with excitement in his voice. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Why?" I asked, still not fully understanding. He laughed again, "Oh I dunno, there's this chick that lives here, I think she's pretty cool, and figured if I had a place here we could spend more time together."  "So that's what you've been doing all week?" I asked. "Yup" he replied smiling from ear to ear. I stood there stunned; I didn't know what to say. "Ummmm, I'm kinda waiting for some enthusiasm here kid." Nick said "What's wrong? Aren't you happy?" "No ... I mean ... yes, but ... you don't understand" I said "this whole time ... I thought you ..." I didn't want to say it. "You thought I what? Joined the circus? Was in involved in an international crime syndicate? Knocked my head off the sidewalk and got amnesia and forgot who you were?" "No" I said with embarrassment. Nick put his hand on top my head and started to mess up my hair "You have got to be the craziest girl I've ever met you know that?" I giggled and pushed him away. Then he said, "Look, I don't even care what that overactive imagination of yours came up with. It's not important. There's actually something else I wanted to tell you." He looked a lot more serious and my heart began to race again. "I wondered if ... because ... well ..." he seemed very nervous. "From now on whenever I have down time I'm gonna try to be here, at this place. And I'm hoping whenever I'll be here, you'll be here. And since you'll be here so much, and since your apartment kinda sucks, I was thinking maybe you could stay here all the time. You know like move in? Cuz moving your stuff back a forth doesn't make any sense, and no one'll be here when I'm not here so ... you might as well be." He said it all so fast that I didn't really have time to absorb what he was saying, all I could say was "wow." "I know, it seems fast, we haven't really been together that long so if you don't want to I ..." I put my hand over his mouth. "No," I said "it's not too fast. It's amazing." I moved my hand and he smiled. "I just can't believe you think my apartment sucks!" I said and pushed him down onto the oversized couch in the middle of the room. "We're definitely gonna need to move that." Nick grabbed my hand and pulled me down onto his lap and we kissed. In that moment, looking at him looking at me, I knew that we loved each other. And we didn't need to say it because it was almost too obvious to say out loud. We kissed again. "Hmm, maybe this couch isn't so bad exactly where it is.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for all the reads and reviews. I'm in the process of writing a sequel to this story that I'll hopefully get to you soon! :)