- Text Size +

Chapter 2

            I woke up. "Oh my god, where am I?" I thought as I shot up from the pillow. Sitting up is not good. My head feels like there's a vice on it. I lie back down. "Ok, I'm in a hotel room, aaaand there's a person beside me." I get up again, but much slower this time, to look over at him. I have to cover my mouth so I don't gasp out loud. I have to lie back down. It's Nick Carter, THE Nick Carter, the boy I planned to marry at age 13. "What the hell happened last night?" I try think, but my head is spinning. "The bar!!" Yes, I was at a bar last night. "Ooohhh no!" I remember a lot of drinking. "He must have come into the bar ... oh god!! I wonder what I did! This is SO embarrassing! I probably made a fool out of myself. But wait ... clearly we went home together. And from this state of undress I'm in I'm guessing we ... you know ... did it. So maybe I DIDN'T make a fool of myself." I relax for a second. And then it hits me. "No, I didn't make a fool of myself; I just made myself a GROUPIE!!! Oh god, how could this have happened? What was I THINKING?? Now I'll forever been known as some slut who he took home because he was bored or something. Easy ass who will go home with anyone who is famous. This is not good. No, this is not good at ALL." I'm suddenly finding it difficult to breathe. "Wait ... what if I leave before he wakes up? Maybe he won't remember me. Maybe I can sneak out and pray that he won't remember my name or my face and I can just pretend we've never met before. And then I'll avoid that whole awkward morning after situation too. It's perfect!"

I carefully slide off the bed and take a deep breath. "Ok, clothes ..." I spot my jeans on the ground. "Holy hell, these things we not invented to be put on again the next morning" I think as I'm hopping around trying to get them on. I spot my shirt on top of a lamp. "Oh that must have been attractive!" I throw it over my head. Ok, my purse. It's on the beside table. I take a look inside, "phone, keys, cash" I've got everything I need to make an escape. Except shoes. I spot one on the floor of the bathroom. I tip toe across the room and grab it. There's no sign of the other one. "It has to be around here somewhere." I search around the room as quietly as possible. No luck. "I can't leave with only one shoe!" Nick starts to rustle in the bed "Or can I?" I start to sneak towards the door. "Ugggh, I loved these shoes!" I take a look back at the room. "Ah ha!!" I spot it behind the television. It bangs against the wall as I pull it out. Nick moves again. "Shit! He can't wake up now!" He doesn't. I make a dash for the door and make sure it doesn't slam behind me. "I made it!"

I practically run down the hallway to the elevator and push the button. I didn't want anyone to see me doing my walk of shame. I was struggling to put my shoes on when I heard someone coming down the hall. "Well, I didn't expect to see you up so early." It was one Backstreet's bodyguards. I laughed "Yea, um, actually haven't slept yet" The elevator doors opened and I hopped in with one shoe still in my hand " Ooooh, and you're leaving so soon?" he said. "No, I uuhhh, I'm just going to get coffee." I tried to discreetly push the button to close the doors "God, that was stupid. Why did I say that? I should have just admitted I was leaving.  He wouldn't care." "Coffee? Why would you ..." but I didn't hear the rest of what he said because the elevator doors shut. I put my other shoe on, leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. "It's over."

As I walked across the lobby I could see that the sun was shining brightly outside. It hurt my eyes. "Damn, I wish I had sunglasses". I stepped out on to the street and jumped into the first cab that I saw. "Where to Miss?" the cabby asked. "Home" I replied.