- Text Size +

Chapter 4

             "I can't believe it" Julia said "You're CRAZY!" I laughed. "I'm serious!" she said "You should have stuck around, see what he had to say, he seemed to like you." "Ya right! Now YOU'RE crazy." I tossed a pillow at her. "I'm a big girl, I can handle it, it was a one night thing, and that's fine. I just wanted to walk away with some dignity so that if by some miracle I ever run into him again his first thought is not ‘oh crap I had sex with her.'" "Dignity schmignity, I would have at least tried to make another ‘memory' this morning." Julia said as she wiggled her eyebrows. We were both laughing when my phone rang. I picked it up, "Hello?" "Where's my coffee?" said a male voice on the other end of the phone. "What?" I asked. "Where's my coffee?" he said again "You told Q you were going to get coffee HOURS ago. I'm just wondering when you're coming back?" "Who is this?" I asked, even though I had a pretty good idea who it was. But it couldn't be.  "Wow! You really know how to stroke a guy's ego don't you?" he laughed "First you run out on me and now you don't even remember my name!" "Is it him?" Julia mouthed to me. I pushed her away and began to pace around the room. "It's Nick" he said. "Oh, hey!" I said trying to sound as casual as possible "I thought it was you, but ... I kind of can't believe you're calling me. How did you get my number?" "You gave it to me last night, remember?" "Oh, I guess that makes sense" I replied "So, what's up?" I looked at Julia and made a confused/panicked face. "Not much" he said, "Just sitting here trying to mend my broken heart" he laughed. "Ha ha! I thought you'd be leaving tonight?" I inquired.  "Nope, not ‘till tomorrow morning. What are you up to?" I looked over a Julia again and she mouthed "Tell him to come over!!" while literally jumping up and down. "Uuhhh, nothing" I answered "I was just gonna have a kind of chill night at home." "Sounds good to me!" said Nick "What time should I come over?" "Uuuhhhh ..." I didn't know what to say. Nick Carter wanted to come over to my tiny little apartment, which was currently a mess, as was I. "You know you don't really have a choice in this right?" he said after several seconds of silence. "You see, you didn't really give me a chance to ask you to stay this morning, so I'm not giving you the chance to invite me over tonight. Now tell me how to get to your place or I'll just phone that crazy little friend of yours who was with you last night and ask her to tell me. She left at message at the hotel desk looking for you." "Ok ok" I finally answered and gave him the address. We were just about to hang up, and I knew it would sound stupid, but I had to ask. "Nick?" I said. "Yea?" he answered. "How do I know this is really you?" He laughed, "I swear it's me! Who else would know what went down between us last night?" "That's true" I replied. "See you in a bit" he said and we hung up.

            "Well???" Julia asked with her eyes bugging out of her head. "He's coming over" I said with a sigh. "Now, you know I love you but, you're gonna have to help me clean this place up and then get the hell out!" Julia laughed "You sure I can't just hide in the closet?" "Oh my god Jules, please don't even joke right now, I'm freaking out!" "Relax!" she said "You'll be fine. Let's start with these dishes ..."