- Text Size +

Chapter 5

             I stood in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. I could hear Julia's voice inside my head "Just relax, I highly doubt there's anything you can do tonight that would be worse then last night ..." "Yea, that's helpful!" I thought. The buzzer for the door went off, I ran to answer it. "Hello?" "Hey it's your booty call" Nick said through the speaker. I laughed, partially because it was funny, but mostly because I was nervous. "Come on up" I replied and buzzed him in. I ran back to the bathroom to look at myself again. "I don't look casual enough. I'm supposed to look like I'm just lounging around while some how still looking gorgeous. As if that's possible. Maybe I should put my hair up ..." I started to put my hair into a ponytail, but it wasn't looking right. Then there was a knock on the door. I quickly pulled it out. "Down it is!"  I opened the door and there he stood, tall, blonde, and sexy, just like I remembered. "Hey!" I said, and as I stepped back to let him in I realized he was going for a hug. I tried to step back into it but we just kind of bumped into each other which caused a series of odd movements from the both of us trying to get out of the other one's way. When he finally made it through the door I turned to close it behind him. "Great! It's been 5 seconds and it's already awkward." I turned around to find him checking out the place. "It's cute" he said. "Ya, it's not bad" I replied "Probably not what you're used though." "You'd be surprised" he answered back. "So, what's in the bag?" I had just noticed that he had a plastic bag in his hand. "Ah," he said "I figured since we're ‘staying in' that we would watch a movie. Now, experience has taught me that girls never own any good movies." "Hey, hey hey!" I said indignantly "I resent that. I think you'll find I have a pretty decent selection." I pointed to shelf stacked with DVDs next to the television. Nick glanced it over. "Hmmm, well, it's not the worst collection I've ever seen. But still, not enough movies where things blow up." He reached into the bag. "Lucky for you, I had a couple of classics stashed in my luggage for the trip." He winked at me. "Lucky me" I said sarcastically and laughed. "Should I make us some popcorn?" Nick reached into the bag again "I also stopped at the corner store outside your building ..." He pulled out a package of liquorice. "Aaaaah, perfect! I'll just get us something to drink then." I went into the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water out of the fridge. When I came back into the room Nick was settling in on the couch, I tossed a bottle of water at him and he caught it. "You're gonna LOVE this" he said. "Hmmm, Die Hard. You weren't kidding when you said classic were you?" I said as I took a seat on the opposite side of the couch. Nick looked over at me, "I don't bite you know." I moved a little closer. He opened the package of liquorice and offered it to me. I had to shift over even closer to grab one. He smiled a set the package down in between us. "So far so good" I thought as I bit into the piece of liquorice.