- Text Size +

Chapter 6

             The end credits were rolling on the movie. At some point, I'm not sure when, Nick had moved over so that he was right next to me. And about half an hour ago, he had fallen asleep. His head was now resting on my shoulder. I didn't know what to do. "I can't just get up because that will just jolt him awake, maybe if I sort of ... cradle his head with my hands, I can just guide him down onto the couch." I decided to shut off the television first. To my surprise, this woke Nick up. "Huh? Is it over?" He asked sleepily. "Yea," I answered "it was so exciting you fell asleep." "Well, that's just because I've seen it a million times" he said as he sat up and stretched. He was staring at me now. "What?" I asked "Do I have something in my teeth?" I started to check around with my tongue. "No, it's just ... you know ... it's pretty late for a young guy like me to be going home all alone." I didn't intend to burst out laughing the way I did, but it just came out. "So, what? You wanna stay here?" I asked sarcastically. "I thought you'd never ask!" he exclaimed happily and promptly got up off the couch and walked over to the bedroom. I sat there in shock for a few seconds before I darted over to the bedroom myself. I found Nick in my bed. "Ummm, what exactly do you think you're doing?" I asked. "What?" he said, smirk on his face "It's not like we haven't done it before." "Ooooh no," I said moving closer to the bed "You've got the wrong idea mister, I'm not the kinda girl who sleeps with a guy she just met, even if he is famous! And yes, I realize that I kind of already did that last night, but I wasn't exactly myself. Now I'm not saying I regret it or I didn't want to or anything, just that, well, it's not gonna be happening again any time soon." Nick just lay there for a few seconds and then said "Oh, so, when I said "it" you thought I meant "it it", I just meant we've already slept in the same bed together. Like literally slept. But hey, if that's where your mind goes, I'm not gonna stop you ..." I turned away, horrified and completely embarrassed. But before I could run off to hide under the bed, he got up, grabbed me, and pulled me down onto the bed with him, laughing the whole time. "I'm KIDDING!" he said gripping on to me with both arms so that I couldn't get away "But I swear, nothing is gonna happen here tonight except sleep. Unnnnless you change your mind, in which case, I'm totally willing to ..." He released me a little and I pushed him away playfully. "Pinkie swear we're just gonna sleep?" I asked, sticking my pinkie finger in his face. "I swear" he said, linking his pinkie with mine. "BUT, just so you know, if you make a move on me, I ain't gonna stop you." "Ha, that's not gonna happen" I said as I got up to turn off the light. "We'll see" he replied as I crawled back into bed.

            We lay there in silence for about twenty minutes and then I could tell by his breathing that he had fallen asleep again. I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing. "How can I sleep with Nick Carter lying beside me? I mean sure, we're acquainted now, but I can't be expected to be comfortable enough for THIS! We've just met!!" I turned over away from him and for a moment I thought I had woken him up. But then, without waking up, as if it were instinct, Nick rolled over as well. He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me in close to his body. I should have been even more nervous but for some reason, I wasn't. Surprisingly, my whole body just relaxed and I felt completely at ease. That night, I slept better then I had in a long time.