- Text Size +

Chapter 9

             The next few weeks went by uneventfully and outside of some flirtatious texting, Nick and I hadn't really spoken. I was starting to doubt that this was anything more then a hook up. "He probably has a girl like me in every city. I'm just another warm body that'll give him what he wants whenever he's in town."

            Then one day, I was on my way home and walking up to the doors of my building when my phone rang. I answered it. "Hello?" "Hey Groupie, what's up?" It was Nick. "Uhhh, not much, I'm just walking into my building" I said. "So does that mean you haven't checked your mail yet?" he asked. "My MAIL??" I wondered "We haven't talked in weeks and he's calling to ask about my mail?" "Not today" I answered "Why?" "I think you should" he replied. "And you want me to do this with you on the phone?" I asked. "Yup" he answered. "Alright, I'm walking up to the mailboxes now" I said. I had to fiddle with my keys a little bit before I could open the box. I pulled out the mail. "Ooook, junk, junk, bill, junk, bill, ooooh an express envelope with no return address label. Could this be from you?" "I dunno" Nick said "I guess you'll have to open it and find out." I opened the envelope, inside was a ticket for a return flight to LA for this weekend. I wasn't sure what I was expecting to find in the envelope, but it definitely wasn't that. "What is this?" I asked. "Did you open the envelope?" Nick said. "Yea, I opened it. It's a ticket to LA. I don't understand though. Is that where you are right now?" "It's where I'll be this weekend" he said "the boys and I are playing there and so I was thinking you could come out." "Come out annnddd??" I inquired. "I dunno, hang out" he said "I really wanna see you again." I couldn't believe it. "Wow" I said "I can't believe you did this. I'd love to come but ..." "Oh" he said sounded disappointed "You have other plans or something?" "No, no, it's not that, it's just ... I dunno ... I've never done this before. How do I find you once I get there? Where will I stay? What do I need to bring? I mean, it's already Wednesday ..." Nick started to laugh "You worry too much you know that? You'll stay with me of course; I have to return your hospitality from a few weeks ago. I'll send you the hotel info, you get there and I'll worry about the rest." "Ya but I have to ..." "Groupie! Don't think, just come! I gotta go. I'll see you on Saturday ok?" "Ok" I replied and hung up the phone.