- Text Size +
WARNING: This chapter contains mild sexual content.

Chapter Three

“Brad,” a girl screamed frantically at the top of her lungs in his direction, “Devin! Rich!”

The guys continued walking, not hearing her desperate pleas for them to stop. Dulcia could hear her footsteps running, clapping against the cement with every step that she took. She took Brad by the arm and tugged on him, trying to get him to move faster to get away from the fan. She took it as her job to protect her boyfriend, and sometimes the other guys, from the fans who stalked them. He spun around and stared at his girlfriend in confusion.

“What,” he asked, and then looked up, seeing the young girl charging at him like a stampede.

“Stop,” she yelled, waving her arms in the air to ensure that they wouldn’t miss her coming at them.

“Guys,” Brad yelled to his friends, who’d continued on their way, “Come back. We’ve got a visitor.”

The two guys rejoined him as the girl reached them, out of breath. She knelt down on her knees to catch her breath for a second before opening her purse and reaching inside, rummaging around. After a minute, she pulled out an old, crumpled up receipt that was about five feet long and handed it to them.

“Can you please autograph this for me?” she asked

“Sure,” Brad replied, “What’s your name?” he asked, reaching into his shirt pocket and pulling out a pen, and clicking it open, ready to write.

“Jessica,” the girl replied eagerly, trying to catch an early peek as to what he was writing.

Dulcia grabbed onto Brad’s arm and clung to him, hanging off of him like a tree ornament to let Jessica know that it was very clear that he was taken…by her, and that nothing was going to cha
nge that. She was not about to lose her man to a needy, drooling fan. Jessica’s eyes narrowed in Dulcia’s direction, a scowl set upon her face, her features hardening like a chiseled stone sculpture. She then turned back to the guys and smiled sweetly up at them, acting as innocent as a newborn kitten, and not the spoiled, rotten girl that Dulcia could see right through her to really be.

“Are you going to be at the show tonight?” Devin asked her, not noticing the envy flashing in Alarua’s eyes. She hated this Jessica girl, along with all other fans that thought that they could steal Devin from her. It happened at every meet and greet. Girls acted as slutty as possible to try to win the guys.

“Yes,” she replied, “It’s only lawn seats though. I probably won’t even be able to see what is happening, even with binoculars.” She hinted, with a little pout, trying to bum better tickets off of them out of pity. Little did she know, the guys had very little say in who got the first through sixth row seats that were always held for friends, families and last minute special guests.

“That’s not too bad,” Rich commented, “Some people say the view from the lawn is actually better than arena seats. Just be sure to get there early enough to get right up next to the stage.”

Adonica’s insecurities started to surface as her boyfriend talked to the girl. Jessica frowned at their inability to take a hint.

“Well, here ya go.” Devin said, handing the paper back to her, “Enjoy the show.” He grinned at her widely.

Jessica grabbed the receipt from his hand, “Thanks,” she offered a tight smile and glared at the girlfriends one last time before taking off in the direction she had come from. As soon a she was out of hearing range, Brad turned to Dulcia. The look on his face told her that she had done something very wrong that had made him mad and that he was not happy with her

“What was that little scene all about?” he demanded, shaking her off of him and folding his arms across his muscled chest.

“I didn’t like the way that she was looking at you,” Dulcia bluntly stated, not shy to expressing her feelings to him. Keeping it in would get her nowhere. Telling him how she felt might.

Brad rolled his eyes skyward and let out a loud sigh of annoyance and exasperation. He really did not want to get into this conversation. Especially when she should’ve known that there was absolutely no chemistry between him and the fan that no longer had a name to him.

“And she was giving me evil looks,” Dulcia continued, “Admit it Bradley…she was after more than just an autograph, and you know it just as well as I do. So don’t even try to play dumb. I hate being lied to.”

“Dulcia, Jes…that girl was nothing but nice to all of us. What did you want me to do? Just blow her off?”

“Hence the whole reason I was pulling you away before she had a chance to reach us.” Dulcia muttered under her breath.

Brad rolled his eyes again, not at all liking the new side of her that he was seeing. She was usually so collected and confident. At that moment, she was acting jealous and clingy. It was an attitude he had been almost positive the tough girl would never even think of picking up. It was the type of behavior she normally scorned against, begging people to shoot her if she ever got that way. Here she was, that way now, and Brad wasn’t going to fulfill her wish.

“You’re being ridiculous,” he told her, “This conversation is through.”

“But,” Dulcia began.

“Over,” Brad interrupted, silencing her before she could say more and argue with him more over it.

“If there is nothing to is, then why are you avoiding the subject?” she muttered so low that nobody could hear her. She crossed her arms and walked ahead of her boyfriend. He knew all about her past relationships and her lack of trust in people…especially the male population, but wasn’t doing anything to comfort and assure her of anything. She found it rather suspicious.

Alaura shook, wrapping her arms around herself, as if she were out in the middle of a blizzard, trying to keep warm. She too was reading too much into Jessica. She came off as being easy and extremely skankish. She looked over to Adonica, who was shifting from foot to foot, an uneasy expression upon her face. She could very well read into what her other friend was thinking. Jessica had affected her in the worst way as well. She thought it sad that one girl could make their entire confidence drop to a new low. Adonica kept stealing glances up at Rich to see what he was doing. Dulcia suddenly turned around, getting a good glimpse at her friends.

“I advise you two,” she remarked, pointing a finger at Devin and moving her finger across toward Rich, “to take a really good look at your girlfriends. I doubt that it’s just my imagination that they look pretty insecure too.”

The guys turned to look at their women to see if Dulcia’s predicament was right. They were shocked to see that she was. Then again, Dulcia was always right. They couldn’t remember a single time she’d been wrong. Devin pulled Alaura in close to him, stroking her hair, and Rich wrapped his arms around Adonica.

“Baby,” he said, “You have no reason to feel intimidated by her. I promise you, nothing was going through my head except for thoughts of you.”

Adonica could feel hot tears begin to cascade down her ivory, soft cheeks. She hoped that her mascara wasn’t smearing, but then again, she really didn’t care at that particular moment in time. She cared so little that she didn’t even bother to wipe the tears away, even though they kept coming.

“She was so pretty though,” she sniffed.

“And you’re gorgeous,” Rich cut in, before she could cut herself down any more, “What did I tell you the other night?”

Adonica pretended to play stupid, as if she had no idea what he was talking about. She shrugged her shoulders, an innocent look on her face.

“I told you that I love you,” Rich told her, “I wouldn’t have told you that for nothing, ya know. I meant it with all my heart.”

“I love you too,” she whispered, realizing that she’d been foolish to worry about him liking Jessica.

Rich pressed his lips firmly against hers and dug in for a long, sweet, lingering kiss. Adonica felt as if fireworks were going off as her entire body started to tingle with longing for more.

Alaura looked at Devin with sad eyes. He caught her gaze and smiled at her warmly to let her know that everything was okay.

“You’re the only one for me,” he informed her in an assuring tone.

Alaura didn’t look so sure, looking at him skeptically. She wanted to believe him, but when another woman was involved, she needed much more than trust in him, as much as she hated to be that way.

“She came off as a little whore. Who’d want that? You’ve got so much more than she did…and you’re all mine.”

Alaura smiled, finally convinced that he meant what he said. Devin took her by the hand, pulling her in as close as she could get, and kissed her tenderly on the lips, just in case he had to prove himself more than he already had.

“Dulcia,” Brad called out, “Come back here honey.”

Dulcia stopped, but she didn’t even turn around and stayed where she was. If he wanted forgiveness, she was going to make him get down on his knees and beg for it, and he was going to have to beg hard.

“I’m sorry for being so insensitive,” he said, “Please don’t be mad,” he added when she still didn’t budge.

Dulcia stood there, knowing that she was being evil, treating Brad the way that she was. He was a male, and men made those kinds of mistakes. It wasn’t like he could help it or anything. She could feel his sincerity, but liked the feeling of knowing he was squirming in anxiety behind her, wondering what he had to do to get her to forgive him.

“You know about my mistrust in people,” she finally said, followed by a short sigh, “And then you go and pull that kind of shit on me. How am I supposed to know if you mean what you say?”

She spun around, and faced Brad, a look of sadness mixed with annoyance and a dash of anger. He hated it when he disappointed her. It always made him feel like an unworthy, bad boyfriend.

“I know just how I can make it up to you,” he said

“You can’t fix everything with sex, you know.” Dulcia replied, but she was smiling in spite of herself. Brad knew that she loved their bedtime games. They were her most favorite hobby. She couldn’t stay mad at him for long. He was just too hot and sincere for her to. She knew by looking into his eyes that he’d never hurt her or do her wrong like her past experiences.

“Wanna bet?” Brad asked, wiggling his eyebrows at her. She laughed, and took off running in the direction of their hotel.

“If you catch me, I’ll think about it,” she called back behind her

“That’s not fair,” Brad yelled, but he was laughing good-naturedly too. He took off after her, gaining quickly on her heels.

The four that were left stared off after them in bewilderment, wondering what had just happened.

“Well,” Adonica said, “We won’t be seeing them for the rest of the afternoon.”

Everyone laughed, knowing just how right she was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hey, Adonica,” Kevin called.

Adonica spun around, and looking in the direction of where the voice had come from and saw a shadow creeping along the wall in the next room. She could recognize the masculine voice from anywhere though. She’d known it for almost a fifth of her life now. Definitely Kevin. The shadowed form looked like his too, which told her that her prediction was correct.

“Yeah,” she replied.

“Could you come and help me for a moment?” he asked her

Adonica walked in the direction of the room, always willing to help out one of her best friends. She saw him standing by a large piece of equipment, leaning against it.

“Could you help me move this?” he asked, giving her the cute puppy dog face that he pulled off so well. Little did he know, he didn’t have to use it on her to get what he wanted. She was willing to lend a helping hand to anyone, any time, as lone as they were civil toward her.

She looked from him, to the large box shaped object though, wondering why he was asking her for help. She knew that he was very strong and well toned and was aware of the fact that he should have no problem moving it by himself, but decided not to argue and tell him her thoughts, which had gotten her into trouble a few times. Her newly found boldness sometimes came out at the worst possible moments. Now she was working on keeping her mouth shut.

“Sure, where do you want me?”

She gently tossed her purse into the corner, ready to tackle the thing, knowing that it would be quite a bit of work. She silently wished she’d spent more time working on her upper body strength instead of just jogging. It would come into use right about now. But all she had were weak spaghetti noodles for arms with just enough muscle to make her look like she tried.

Kevin pointed to the other side of the object, telling her where to stand so that he could get his task done quickly.

“I’m going to lift it,” he instructed, “Just guide it along, so it doesn’t fall or anything. Think you can manage that?” he joked, winking at her.

Adonica nodded, knowing that there was more purpose to her being there than just “helping” him out. She could feel the object being lifted, and she gently walked along with him, as if playing follow the leader. She could feel a slight strain forming in her neck and back, but didn’t want to complain. Her job was easy. It would make her seem like a helpless invalid if she let out the slightest cry. As soon as Kevin set it down, she let out a silent sigh of relief, and discretely wiped away a single bead of sweat that had formed. She could see sweat pouring off of Kevin’s body and stuck her tongue out, scrunching up her nose. He threw back his head and laughed at the expression on her face.

“What?” she asked, defensively, “It looks like you’re raining or something. It’s disgusting.”

Kevin smiled, but deep down, his heart sank. He was a turn off to her. Especially when he’d just had a slight workout. Imagine what she’d do if she saw him after an intense one. He was afraid to know. Probably start to gag and throw up at the sight of him. He’d never be more than a friend to her. He figured it was time he got over her already, but still had some hope.

“So,” he began, walking over to the small refrigerator and grabbing a bottle of water. He unscrewed the cap and took a large drink, finishing almost half the bottle, “How are things with you and Rich?”

“Good,” she replied, and them a smile started to slowly form on her lips, “Couldn’t be better, actually. He’s wonderful. We get closer with every day that passes. I don’t think I could ask for better, to be honest.”

Kevin nodded, finishing the bottle in one last gulp. He turned around to throw it away, to give himself time to hide the disappointment he could tell was on his face and to force the tears away that he could feel coming. But didn’t he want her to be happy? Did he really want her to be miserable and alone? He really didn’t know.

“That’s good,” was what he replied with, forcing himself to look as if he meant it, and part of him did. He decided that there was no use dwelling over a woman that was taken and out of his reach. It was time he finally searched for someone that he could call his own.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Oh, baby,” Dulcia moaned, “You can’t torture me like this any more.”

She slowly started to strip off her clothes, one garment at a time. She walked toward Brad, staring seductively into his eyes. She couldn’t wait any longer. Her body was throbbing for the feel of his flesh against hers. Her breaths were coming out short and hard. When she reached Brad, who was already nude, she pushed him onto the bed, with one hand, and crawled on top of him, strattling his hips. She leaned forward, kissing up his well-defined abs, up his chest, his neck, and to his mouth. Then started to nibble on his earlobes. He groaned in pleasure, and she could feel his body tense, back arching. His breathing, too, deepened, and she could tell that she was turning him on, just the same as he was doing to her. Grabbing her from around the waist, he gently rolled her over onto her back, and laid on top of her, staring into her green eyes. He could tell by her face that she was ready to get this on with. She’d waited long enough, and so had he. Brad found the right spot, and went inside of Dulcia. She closed her eyes, taking in the heavenly feeling of them being united as one. Moving in sync with one another, the two of themoaned in pleasure. With Dulcia’s okay, he started to move faster, holding her close to him, their bodies moistening slightly with sweat from the intensity if their love making session. Brad looked deep into her eyes, and kissed her passionately on the lips, not slowing down for a second. Dulcia knew that their fun was over though when he slowed down and could feel a warm liquid-like substance coming out inside of her. He pulled out, letting his breathing get back to normal. He rolled over, and pulled her in close to him, not wanting to let go of the feeling of her body against his. She laid her head on his chest, and closed her eyes, wishing that the sex hadn’t ended quite so soon. Soon, she fell asleep with a tingling sensation shooting throughout her body at the memory of what had just gone on minutes before.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Alaura and Devin walked hand in hand through the wooded trail. The leaves cast shade and shadows across the dirt path, making it cool and comfortable. She breathed in the fresh air, sighing happily. It was so much nicer than her hometown of Ohio. You breathed there and felt as if you were being suffocated by pollution and humidity. And the whether changed like a manic depressants mood swings. One day, it would be hot without a cloud in the sky, the next, cold and rainy…and would stay like that for days on end, or even for the rest of the day. It never seemed to clear up. There, in North Carolina, it would rain for maybe an hour, and then it would clear up, with the skies blue, and cloudless, and it would be warm and sunny once again. She loved it, wishing that they could tour within that state forever.

“What are you thinking?” Devin asked her, distracting her deep thoughts.

“Not much,” she replied, “Lets move here.”

“Excuse me?”

Devin looked at her, and Alaura blushed, realizing what she’d just said. They’d barely been together for five months. Why would he want to move in with her this soon. It wasn’t even a possibility, especially since he had to tour and there was no way that he could move. It would just cause problems and maybe even for the band to break up if they were apart during their non touring. The whether, she assumed, was clearing her mind along with getting her thoughts out into the open. She wasn’t sure if she liked that effect.

“Nothing. I just said how nice it would be to move here,” she said, fixing her mistake smoothly, “Permenantly. I hate where I am from. The humidity sucks. I’m just happy that I only live there for like, half the year.”

“Yea,” Devin agreed, looking around, taking in the peaceful surroundings, “It would be nice to live here. Maybe one day, we can move here together. Once the tour is over. Or whenever. We have the rest of our lives.”

Alaura beamed from ear to ear. He was having the same thoughts as she was, which thrilled her. The feelings weren’t one sided. She wondered what her friends were doing at that moment. Ever since Brad had chased Dulcia down, there’d been no word from them, and Adonica and Rich had gone their own separate ways, each having different things to take care of. She’d always been jealous of Adonica’s relationship, but it seemed that she had a very strong one of her own this time, and she wasn’t about to let go of what she had with Devin.