- Text Size +

Chapter 59

Around 10:30, I’m already tucked in bed, reading a book, when Nick calls. I can’t help the smile that spreads across my face at hearing his voice. I say, “Hey Nick, how are you?”

He says, “Lonely as hell, how are you?”

I say, “I miss you terribly.”

He says, “I know Babe. I miss you too. I keep wanting to sneak away for a few days and come see you, but with the show tomorrow night, I can’t. Maybe Monday or Tuesday, when things quiet down.”

I am so excited to see him I almost spill it, but I manage to say, “Did you get things worked out for Eva tomorrow?”

He says, “Oh yeah, I’m sending a car to pick her up. They will drop her and her friend off at the hotel, then once her bags are in Brian’s room, Eva will come to the arena. AJ volunteered to stay at the hotel and bring her.” I almost giggle because THAT much I already knew.

I say, “It’s wonderful you’re doing this for her, Nick. Thank you.”

He says, “Well, she’s your sister, and your sister means she’s family to me too, so of course I’m doing it. Why wouldn’t I?”

I smile and say, “You do know I love you, don’t you?”

He says, “Good, because I love you too.”

My call waiting beeps. I check and it’s AJ. I say, “Nick, can I call you right back? I have a call coming in I need to take. About work.”

He says, “Sure Babe. Call anytime. I’m going to read a book.”

I say good bye and click over to AJ. I say, “Hey, what’s up?”

He says, “I assume Nick told you there would be a car to pick you up?”

I say, “Yeah, he just doesn’t know it’s picking ME up. I am so excited to see him, AJ.”

AJ laughs and says, “I can tell. Listen, I just got off the phone with Rochelle’s doc at rehab. Of course, he can’t give me details, but he says he’s pleased. I just had to call and thank you again.”

I say, “AJ, there’s no need for thanks. I’m glad she listened to me. I know how much you love her and she loves you just as much.”

He says, “Some day, we’ll repay you for what you’re doing for us.”

I say, “You will tomorrow, AJ. You’re helping me surprise Nick. That’s all I need.”

AJ says, “You really love him, huh?”

I say, “Yeah, I really do.”

He says, “Good. I want you to be happy. Now, I’m going to go get some sleep. I have a lot of sneaky shit to do tomorrow. Good night!”

I laugh and say, “Good night, AJ.”

I hang up and call Eva into my room. I say, “Nick called. AJ is staying at the hotel to pick you up for sound check.”

She laughs and says, “Oh, it’s working. We’re managing to surprise them both.”

I laugh and say, “I don’t see how, but hell, it’s working. Now I have to call Nick back.”

She says, “OK, I’m going to call Brian. Who knows, maybe I’ll get him all hot and bothered on the phone so when I get there, he’ll just ravish me.”

I laugh and say, “Well, Nick keeps mentioning phone sex. Why don’t you ask Brian if he wants to try it?”

She giggles and says, “I may just do that! Good night, El!”

I say, “Good night, Eva. I love you, my twisted sister.”

I can hear her laughter all the way down the hallway as I call Nick back. He answers on the first ring. “Hey Sexy.”

I half laugh, half groan and say, “OK, you have to stop sounding so delicious when you answer the phone. You’re giving me naughty ideas.”

He says, “Oh, I like naughty ideas. Tell me one.”

I giggle and say, “Just think about the pool. I have been.”

I can almost see his smile as he says, “Oh, I think about the pool a lot. How good you felt, your skin glistening and so slick. How hot you were when I held you against me, my body…”

I laugh and say, “OK, Nick, time to talk about something else. I don’t know if I’m up for phone sex.”

He says, “That’s ok, Baby. I don’t know if I am either, but I’m always thinking about how it felt to make love to you. And hold you afterwards in my arms.”

I sigh and say, “I can’t wait to be in your arms again.”

He says, “OK, before we get lost again, how was the doctor appointment yesterday?”

I say, “Great. I have new casts now so there’s more movement. Still in the wheelchair though. Hard to use crutches with a broken arm.”

He says, “Just do what they say and take it easy. I wish I was there to take care of you.”

I smile and say, “You might get tired of me. Eva got Jax and Ariana to baby sit today while she went home to pack. I think I was getting on her nerves. Not fun being bathed by your sister.”

He laughs and says, “I guarantee you’d love me bathing you. I’d make sure every inch of your body felt good.”

I giggle and say, “Oh, I’m sure you would, but the object of the bath is to get me clean.”

He says, “Don’t worry Love, I can clean you from head to toe.”

I sigh and say, “I miss you.”

He says, “I miss you.”

I hear him stifle a yawn and I say, “Nick, I think you should go to sleep. You sound tired.”

He says, “I am, Babe. But I want to talk to you.”

I say, “We’ll talk tomorrow. I love you Nick. So much.”

He says, “I love you too, Elaine. Sleep well.”

I say, “You too, Good night.”

He says, “Good night, Sweetheart.”

I hang up with a smile on my face. This time tomorrow, I’m going to be back in his arms. Where I belong.

Chapter End Notes:

Not quite to Chicago yet...do you think the guys will be ready for it?  Let us know what you think! :)