- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

.


“You have got to be kiddin’ me, right?” Melissa, my best friend/ slashed my manager  shouted in my face while I was reading the US Weekly Magazine.

 

“Good morning to you, Mel.” I joked.

 

“That certainly is not a good morning for neither of us Riri.” She hissed.

 

“What’s up?” I asked, she got my attention .

 

“Did you see that?” She pointed out the Enquirer on top of the desk.

 

“What’s that?” I questioned.

 

“YOU AND NICK CARTER?” 

 

“What?” Ok, now she really got my attention. And who the hell is Nick Carter, again ? 

 

“Riri, just as if one Chris Brown isn’t enough. Oh no, you can’t see him ever again.” Yea, she was practically yelling while pointing out the page of the magazine.

 

“I was just buying tampons at CVS.” I looked at the page. So the blondie from Backstreet Boys is the Nick Carter. “Nobody believes in the Enquirer.” I added.

 

“Is that your best answer?” She asked, rolling her eyes.

 

“Ihmm... I don’t know what do you expect me to say?” I said.

 

“Why did you take off with him?”

 

“I didn’t take off with him. I noticed the paparazzi’s so we happened to leave there together but in our seperate cars.”

 

“So you’re not seeing him again.” She questioned while staring at me. 

 

So the worst part of having your best friend in your management team, is she really understands it when you are lying.

 

“Well, I’m not planning on seeing him.” I said, while trying to escape my eyes from her face.

 

“Fuck, you are lying!”She hissed again

 

“Well, I can’t help it if we ever bump into each other ever again while doing groceries, Mel.”

 

“Do you know that he is an abuser?” She asked.

 

“What?” Ok. So, that have got to be an interesting one.

 

“Paris Hilton accused him of abusing her while they were dating.” She said with a blink satisfaction.

 

“Shit, even I would abused her. He did the right thing.” I cracked a joke.