- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

I have always been a fan of the Royal Family and Willam and Kate's Wedding made me love them even more. I have always thought of William as a bit of a softie so i thought i'd write a story portrying  him as this. Nick Carter may seem like a bit of a player at first in this story but i promise, you'll come to like him <3 please remember to review

 

Author's Chapter Notes:


<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:595.0pt 842.0pt; margin:35.45pt 35.45pt 35.45pt 35.45pt; mso-header-margin:35.45pt; mso-footer-margin:35.45pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

February 18th 1992

“William, Harry, come on. Get your clothes on. We’re going in to see your new baby sister.” My nanny Georgia told my little brother Harry and I one chilly Tuesday in February in 1992. I was nine years old at the time and Harry was seven about to turn eight. Things were getting tense in our family. My Mum and Dad were fighting all the time and there were all these rumours going around that Harry wasn’t really Dad’s son and that Mum had had an affair. My grandma, the Queen, didn’t really like my Mum but she was a very special woman and how someone could not like her I will never know.

 

Once I was dressed, I checked on Harry who was known for taking a long time to get dressed. All he ever wanted to do was play with his toy cars and his Lego sets. I was more mature than that. I tried to focus on my studies. I knew what I wanted to do when I finished school. I wanted to be an Air Force Pilot before I became King. I enjoyed the odd game of Rugby with my friends at lunchtime as well but my Father always told me, I had time for Rugby when I got to Eton right now I needed to focus on my high school entrance exams in a year.

 

“Harry, are you ready to go?” I asked.
“I… I don’t want to go.” He replied quietly as he played with his cars on the mat on his floor.

“Why not?”
“Because Mamma won’t love me anymore because she has the little baby to look after.”
“Mamma will still love you Harry. You don’t have to worry about that. She’s always going to love us. I promise.”

“You can’t make promises William because you won’t keep them.” Harry said in an abusive tone.
“I will so. Here’s another promise, no matter what happens with Ma and Pa, I will look after this little baby and you. We’re a family Harry no matter if we are princes or not. I will keep us together.”

 

Once I had convinced Harry to get changed, we met our Nanny downstairs and she took us out to the car. When we arrived at the hospital, Pappa met us out the front and took us up to the hospital room. When we entered, Mamma was sitting there nursing my little sister. I smiled, probably one of the biggest smiles I had ever smiled in my life.

“William, Harry. This is your little sister Lucy.” My Mum said as Harry and I came to her bedside.

In Mum’s arms, I could see this little tiny baby wrapped in a blanket with her little tiny hands poking out. I put my hand out and let her little hand wrap around my pinkey. I smiled at Mum.

“I think she likes you William. Would you like a hold?”
“Am I allowed?” I asked shyly.

“Of course, here you go.”

The moment when Mamma put baby Lucy into my arms, everything changed. I knew I had to protect her. She was going to have to grow up facing a lot of criticism because of whom her real father is.

 

August 31st 1997

Everything changed on this day. I was fifteen years old and Harry was just twelve and Lucy was only five years old. Our parents had divorced a year ago and we had been staying with Mamma at her apartment at Kensington Palace and with Pappa at Buckingham Palace. Lucy and Mamma were very close, she took her to her Ballet lessons and watched every single concert and helped her practice. Mamma made me promise from the time that Lucy was born, that I would look after her if anything were to happen. Harry was always jealous of Lucy, you could tell. He found every excuse to stay away from her. He would never come to her Ballet performances or play with her. Even if I had piles of school work to do, I would make an effort to play with Lucy even if it was playing Barbie dolls or with her doll house. Harry would be outside kicking a football against the wall. I tried to include him but he wanted absolutely nothing to do with Lucy which I found really harsh and unfair as Lucy hadn’t done anything wrong.

 

On the 31st August, Pappa came into the lounge room where Harry and I were playing Nintendo and Lucy was playing with her Barbie dolls at the Balmoral Palace.

“William, Harry, Lucy. I need to talk to you about Mamma.” He said in a stern voice

“Is she coming home from Paris early?” Harry asked happily.
“No, she was in an accident last night.”
“No! It can’t be. I would have heard by now.” I exclaimed.

I always read the papers in the morning to keep up to date with what was happening. Surely it would have been the first thing in the papers. Then I remembered, I hadn’t seen the papers on my bedside table when I woke up.

“We kept the papers hidden from you. Look William, you need to step up. This is your chance to show that you can be a good big brother. All eyes will be on us.”
“Yes Pa. I can do that.”
“You can start by taking Lucy outside to play. Harry, I need you to come with me okay?” Pappa replied.

Harry followed Pa out of the lounge room. I just sat on the floor, head in my hands and tears starting to fall down my face.

“Will, what is wrong?” Lucy asked as she gave me a hug.

“Oh, don’t worry little darlin’. It’ll all be okay.”
“But you are crying?” she replied worried as she pulled away from the hug
“If you give me one of your cuddles I will be okay.” I smiled at her. She put her arms around me tighter. She kissed my cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered into my ear.

“I love you too baby girl. Come on, let’s go outside hey?”

 

I stood up then picked Lucy up and put her on my hip. She was tiny for a five year old. But she was already a very good dancer. She danced every day after preschool. She loved it, before she went to bed every night she would be practicing whatever she had learnt that day.

 

We went outside and got a football out of the bin that held all of Harry and I’s sporting gear like Cricket bats, Rugby Balls and Footballs. Lucy sat down on the ground with the ball and rolled it to my feet. I sat down on the ground with her and rolled it back to her.

“When is Mamma coming home?” she asked.

“Mamma has gone to sleep with the angels baby.”
“Why?”
“It was just her time baby girl. But it’s okay. I will look after you. I promise.” I said, the tears starting again.
“Can’t I go up to the angels with Mamma?” she asked innocently.
“No not yet princess. You have so much left to do here. You are going to be a beautiful ballerina remember?” I told her as she came and sat in my lap. I brushed a bit of her brown hair out of her eyes and behind her ear.

June 21st 2006

Now nine years later, Lucy was thirteen and in eighth grade and has studying at the Royal Ballet School since she was seven years old. Lucy knew of the illegitimacy of her birth by now but she was always going to be my little sister no matter what a piece of paper said. I was now twenty-four and in the Royal Airforce. It was the Summer Holidays and Lucy was staying with my girlfriend Kate Middleton and I in New York where we were spending the summer.

 

Lucy and I were best friends; we spoke every day on MSN and email. We exchanged letters and photos. I tried to make it all her big performances, even taking time off when I really shouldn’t have but I made a promise to Mamma all those years ago. Lucy and Harry now got along, Harry seeing how beautiful and kind Lucy was took her under his wing whenever she had weekends off school where she was boarding and Harry was in London. He would take her out and they would go to the movies or to watch the Rugby or Polo. Lucy always used to come to Harry and I’s Rugby matches at Eton as she was growing up.

 

One night, I took Kate and Lucy to watch the New York Ballet. Little did I know, that that night out, would change everything.

Chapter End Notes:

so there's chapter one. the next chapter really gets things going and they'll be from Lucy's point of View :)