- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

chapter two up! thank you to the two readers who reviewed the first chapter: catseye1769 and MrsCarter

i'm really enjoying writing this story, I hope you enjoy reading it :) xx this chapter is a bit of a filler, introducing Nick to the story and the start of their romance ;)

 

 

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Lucy’s Point of View

Growing up as part of the Royal Family has never been fun. It’s full of rules and protocol. I have to make an appointment to speak to my own “grandma” and even my “Dad.” Now my real Dad isn’t Prince Charles, my real Father is James Hewitt, who was my Mother’s butler at the time. I’m not supposed to know that, but I found out when I was eight years old from Harry when he was teasing me. I asked Pappa if it was true, and I remember him sitting me down and telling me the whole story. He promised me he didn’t love me any less, and I was always going to be his Lucy. But because I was not biologically Pappa’s child, I was not given a title. I am just Lucy Diana Elizabeth Spencer Windsor or Lucy of Wales. Despite the fact I am not Pappa’s real child, he will always be my Father, because my real Dad never even came back to claim me as his own.

 

When I was seven years old, I was encouraged by my Ballet School to audition for the Royal Ballet and complete my education through there while also focusing on my Ballet. I was accepted there and trained there until I was thirteen. On my summer holidays in 2006, I was in New York with William and his girlfriend Kate and we went to watch the New York Ballet Company. As we were waiting in line to go inside, I saw someone I had grown up admiring. All around my bedroom as I was growing up, I had BackStreet Boys CDs that I listened to on repeat. I used to make up little dances to their songs. I saw Nick Carter standing in line with a girl. I walked over to where he was.

 

“Excuse me, are you Nick Carter?” I asked quietly.
“Hey little darlin, yes I am.”
“Would I be able to have an autograph?” I asked. “But I don’t have any paper except my booklet.”
“I’ll sign that for you if you want. Are you from England?”
“Yes, I am Prince William and Harry’s little sister.”
“Oh yes, I’ve heard about you. You’re the little ballerina from the Royal Ballet. I’ve seen all your promotions for the Ballet School.” The girl Nick Carter was with replied.
“Yes.”
“What is your name sweetie?” Nick asked.
“Lucy.”
“Okay Lucy, here you go. Hey if you ever move to America, let me know. You could be a dancer for the boys and I.” he replied as he passed me back the booklet then got out his wallet and handed me a business card.
“Seriously, call me if you are ever living in America and I could get you a job dancing for the boys and I on stage.”
“That would be such an honour, thank you. It was great to meet you.”

“You too sweetheart. Enjoy tonight.” He replied before he pulled me into a hug.

 

I went back over to William and Kate with the biggest smile on my face.

“Who was that?” Kate asked.
“Nick Carter from the BackStreet Boys. He and his girlfriend have seen my promotions for the Royal Ballet School and told me if I ever moved to America to call him and I could get a job dancing for the BackStreet Boys”

“That’s brilliant Lucy. Come on let’s go inside. We’ll talk about it later.”

 

After the Ballet, we went back to the hotel so I could get some sleep and Will and Kate could go out and explore a little bit more. “Will, would I be allowed to audition for the American School of Ballet?” I asked as he tucked me in.
“Why? You do so well in London.”
“I just want to be away from London for a while. Grow up away from all the labels.”
“I’ll have to call Dad and ask. You didn’t bring any of your dance gear.”
“Want a bet?” I smiled. “I was hoping to get to a studio somewhere while we were away.” I smiled.

“I’ll talk to Dad in the morning. Now you have my number. Kate and I will be back later.”
“Night Will. I love you.”
“Love you too Lucy. Now go to sleep little one.”

“You know I hate it when you call me that.” I replied with a cheeky grin.

“Go to sleep, it’s eleven thirty.”

 

14th February 2009

I had convinced Pappa to let me go over to America for my high school years and train at the American School of Ballet. It wasn’t too different from London but I was allowed to take other classes such as contemporary dance, hip-hop, jazz and tap. It had opened a lot of doors for me; I had been on Broadway shows as a dancer and been in backgrounds of music videos as a dancer. I had kept in contact with Nick Carter since I moved to America back in September 2006. He helped me establish contacts and he was a good friend to talk to. As we got closer, I learnt all his secrets and he knew all mine. I could trust him, more than I could probably ever trust William or Harry, I don’t know why. Maybe I trusted him because he didn’t have any connection to the Royal Family or maybe because I had feelings for him. I knew it wasn’t approprite for me to have feelings for him. After all he was older than William and he is known for being quite the ladies man. However, now that I am four days away from my eighteenth birthday, it seems like Nick is showing more interest. We have been texting all day, since I woke up at five this morning. Our messages went like this.

 

Hey sweetheart, Happy Valentine’s Day. Will you be my valentine? What’s your plan for today?

Hey Nick, well I have Ballet from 5:30am-12pm then the afternoon off. Why? Naw thank you. Happy Valentine’s Day to you too. Well you’ll have to share with William. We’re always valentines.

Do you want to grab lunch and discuss birthday plans? Oh I think I am a better one

Yeah sure that would be great. I have an email from William I need to show you. Would you be able to pick me up from the school? Haha want a bet? I woke up to roses waiting at the door of my dorm room from him. Haha.

 

It went on discussing our plans until my class started. When I had a ten minute break, there was a text message from him saying, You know, I should take you to the Ballet for your birthday. After all, that’s where we first met.

 

I sighed as I read the message. You only ever said something like that to someone if you were dating them. Did Nick have feelings for me, just like I had feelings for him? Man being eighteen is going to prove to be a challenge.

Chapter End Notes:

please review