- Text Size +

William's Point of View
The distance from New York to London was too far away for me. I only see Lucy maybe three times a year maybe four depending on whether I can get to New York or not. She has definitely grown into a beautiful young woman. Her dancing is amazing, and she has been a part of a few projects as well like music videos and in Broadway. She kept in contact with Nick Carter since she moved to New York and he’s been a very good support system for her. He takes her out on weekends to his shows or even to the studio with him in the afternoons during the week if she needs to get out of school for a while.

 

Now that Lucy is that bit older, I’m starting to worry about her friendship with him. She’s twelve years younger than him but I know she likes him as more than a friend and I don’t want him making inappropriate moves on her. So, for Lucy’s eighteenth birthday I decided I’d make a surprise visit to New York. She thought I’d be too busy organising Kate and I’s wedding so it’ll be a nice surprise. I fooled her by telling her I didn’t have much time because the wedding was only two months away and that we would do something after the wedding.

On the afternoon of Valentine’s Day, I waited out the front of Lucy’s Ballet studio for her to finish her session.

 

I saw all her friends walk out the door, then finally Lucy walked out looking at her phone. I tapped her shoulder. She turned around and saw me standing there in my Eton Senior Jersey and jeans and a baseball cap and rose for her. A tradition we’ve had since she was about eight years old.

 

“Will! What are you doing here?” she exclaimed as she hugged me.
“Happy Valentine’s Day little one.”
“What are you doing here? You told me you couldn’t make it for my birthday?”
“I thought I’d surprise you, have you finished classes for the day?” I asked her.
“Yeah I have, I was actually going to meet Nick for lunch but I can call him and postpone it.”
“Could you? I want to take you somewhere.”
“Yeah sure, let me just go up to my room and have shower. I’m all sweaty from class.”
“Yeah of course.”
“Come up with me,” she smiled.

 

I followed Lucy up to her room and sat on her bed as she sorted through her cupboard trying to find something to wear before she went to have a shower.

 

“Just wear jeans Lucy, look at me!” I replied as I chuckled at her.
“Shut up William, I want to look nice I’m going out with my big brother.”
“We’re going to a Sushi Train Luc.”
“Oh fine.” She groaned as she pulled out a pair of jeans and a black singlet.

 

While I waited for her to shower, I had a look round her room and saw the amount of Pointe shoes she had. It was phenomenial. On her desk, I saw a card from Nick.

 

Dear Lucy,
Merry Christmas Bestie
I hope you loved your present and I’m looking forward to Christmas next year
Love you heaps

X Nick.

 

She had post it notes stuck all over her desk.

Saturday 14th February: Valentine’s Day, Dancing 5:30am-12pm
Sunday 15th February: Day off, Go to Nick’s for Dinner
Monday 16th February: Ballet 5:30am-9am, Contemporary 10am-12pm, Pilates 1pm-3pm
Tuesday 17th February: Ballet 5:30am-12pm, Pilates 1pm-3pm, Gym 4pm-7pm
Wednesday 18th February: Day off, Birthday, Studio with Nick

“What are you looking at Will?” she asked when she came back out all dressed.
“Just your post it notes. I never realised how many hours you did.”
“Yeah it’s pretty hectic. I have two days off this week though so it’s okay.”

 

As we walked to the local sushi train, she had her arm around my waist she was still short. Harry and I got Mum’s height and Lucy managed to miss out but it seemed to help her dancing.
“I missed you Will.”
“I missed you too baby. Did you manage to get time off for the wedding?” I asked.
“I sure did. Can I bring a friend?”
“Well it depends who.”
“Can Nick come? Please?”
“I guess so. You know he can’t stay at the Palace though.”
“I know. But you and Harry have all your mates and I’m sure Kate has her friends.”
“You know you can join in the parties, we don’t care. Will you dance at the reception though?”
“Yeah sure, I’ll come up with something.”

 

Why did you say yes to Nick coming to your wedding William? You complete idiot. Kate and Dad are going to kill you. Kate got really worried about Lucy and Nick’s friendship because she knows the ways boys think because she has a brother. I know Harry and I were and are players but Nick was just totally inappropriate. I think I gave Lucy way too much freedom when I let her move to America.

 

Nick’s Point of View

Valentine’s Day. The one day I more or less have to myself because I’m normally in between relationships. I thought today would be different. I was going to finally make a move on Lucy but then her brother turned up to take her out. I talked to William on Facebook about a week ago and he told me he wasn’t coming out but he must have felt bad for not seeing Lucy for ages because of organising he and Kate’s wedding.

 

I text messaged Lucy.

How’s your time with Will going? Can I still take you for dinner tomorrow?
Yeah of course. He’s only taking me to Sushi for lunch. If you want you can take me out for dinner
No, spend time with your brother. You don’t see him much. You see me every week. Do you have a recital soon?
Yeah next Thursday.
Get me a few tickets, they boys and I want to come.
Will do. Talk to you later x

 

Chapter End Notes:

sorry this took so long. I wasn't sure how to continue but the next chapter is great. But please review this one first and also Electricity and Chains xx